Hi

This is my first post on crackberry but Ive been reading the forum for some time already. In Switzerland we have a dialect that is quite similar to german but a lot of words are a bit different. I would love to have these words in the prediction for faster typing.
    When Im composing an email my Q10 seems to learn the words but It doesnt work with whats app. Is there any way I can get these words in whats app?

Martin
    08-20-14 12:35 PM
    Hello and welcome to CB

The keyboard works same regardless to the app so you should get the same predictions on WhatsApp as on email.

Go to Settings > Language and Input > Prediction and Correction > turn off Show predictions, restart phone, then turn it on again and try if anything changes on WhatsApp

And as for the dialect, I think the keyboard knows official language but you can teach it. Each time you write a word of your dialect (you might need to flick it up off the space bar to avoid auto correction) you could click it and add it to your personal dictionary. And by repeating usage it will definitely show in prediction
    08-21-14 07:07 AM