Hey there,
    Just experiencing a minor annoyance when I open a new tab on my browser. Whenever I open a new tab, "about:newtab" is in the search box, requiring me to remove it. Is there a way to not have this come up at all?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Posted via Q10
    07-10-13 11:06 PM
    Can you post a screenshot? I'm not getting that in my browser.

Posted via CB10 from my B@d@ss Z10
    07-10-13 11:34 PM
    Here's a screenshot:

What's with "about:newtab"?-img_00000043.png

Does the picture show up?

Posted via Q10
    07-11-13 12:21 AM
    When I adjusted my Home Page, I noticed 'about:new tab' typed in the address bar prior to my changing it to my page address of choice. I have not, however, ever seen it appear in my search bar. I would check out the Browser settings. You access those when you first open the Browser, pulling from the top. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Did you change any settings, by chance?

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 12:35 AM
    Hey there,
    Just experiencing a minor annoyance when I open a new tab on my browser. Whenever I open a new tab, "about:newtab" is in the search box, requiring me to remove it. Is there a way to not have this come up at all?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Posted via Q10
    Mine says "Type search or address here"

My settings:
    What's with "about:newtab"?-uploadfromtaptalk1373522588805.jpg
    What's with "about:newtab"?-uploadfromtaptalk1373522600588.jpg
    What's with "about:newtab"?-uploadfromtaptalk1373522625676.jpg
    Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk 2
    07-11-13 01:03 AM
    Thanks, I appreciate the help. I had initially thought it was my settings and found nothing there. I checked again, and all my settings were the same as yours (appreciate you posting that, btw).
    I started fooling around with it again and found that it would happen when I open up my browser and tap just to the right of "type search or address." Upon doing this, the text about:newtab would be in the text box, requiring me to clear it.
    Now, get this: when I tapped ON "type search or address" with a new tab, the aforementioned text would not appear. I tried this about ten times and it was the fix, as simple as it sounds. Often we don't realize our own little habits (ie my love for tapping on "blank" text spots haha). Weirder still, after stepping away and again checking if this was, in fact, the problem, I could no longer reproduce the "about:newtab" text that was coming up. Weird. Oh well, don't have to worry about it now.

Kind regards,

Posted via Q10
    rudyalexc likes this.
    07-11-13 09:51 AM
    Thanks, I appreciate the help. I had initially thought it was my settings and found nothing there. I checked again, and all my settings were the same as yours (appreciate you posting that, btw).
    I started fooling around with it again and found that it would happen when I open up my browser and tap just to the right of "type search or address." Upon doing this, the text about:newtab would be in the text box, requiring me to clear it.
    Now, get this: when I tapped ON "type search or address" with a new tab, the aforementioned text would not appear. I tried this about ten times and it was the fix, as simple as it sounds. Often we don't realize our own little habits (ie my love for tapping on "blank" text spots haha). Weirder still, after stepping away and again checking if this was, in fact, the problem, I could no longer reproduce the "about:newtab" text that was coming up. Weird. Oh well, don't have to worry about it now.

Kind regards,

Posted via Q10
    Glad everything is fixed!!

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10
    07-11-13 11:51 AM