Unfortunately I'm having similar issues and it really made me mad sometimes. Actually I don't have any problems using BBM with some of my friends on Android or iOS but, at the same time, with others I'm facing a lot of difficulties like messages that are not going through or that my friends can't even see the chat history.

I mean, BlackBerry is suffering from a bad reputation and they are going cross platform with a great messenger that has been admired by many in the past, entering a market that they once had owned. Surprisingly, the BBM cross platform launch was even hyped by some of the very BlackBerry critical tech-media and a lot of people were going to give it a shot.

There was a chance of people seeing that BB can actually get some things right and that they have arrived in the 21st century as well. So they should better release a fully working version of that software, right? I still think BBM is a great messenger but you won't keep that app on your iPhone if it is now working and you have more contacts on WhatsApp anyways...
    11-26-13 10:01 AM
    It's a new release. you need to wait a bit for the bugs to be worked out. i know it sucks, but it's just the way software works. kind of like buying a first year model of a new gen car. you will have your tsbs.

be patient for the time being.
    11-26-13 10:09 AM
    It will be interesting to see if BBM for iOS and Android work better or worse now that BBM Channels is out of Beta...
    11-26-13 09:01 PM
    I'll be honest, I didn't bother reading a single post in this thread, so I'm assuming I know what's it's about based on the few lines I saw in the relies. So forgive me if I am complete off topic.

But for the most part, when BBM was released, my twitter feed was filled with iOS abs Android users going crazy for it. Now, whenever BBM is mentioned, it's always something like "BBM sucks, just like everything else BlackBerry." So as far as I know, after the initial hype, a lot of people deleted BBM.

Posted via CB10
    Why would anyone do such a thing??? iDunno

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    11-26-13 09:10 PM
    It's a new release. you need to wait a bit for the bugs to be worked out. i know it sucks, but it's just the way software works. kind of like buying a first year model of a new gen car. you will have your tsbs.

be patient for the time being.
    I do realize that - actually I work in software engineering myself - however, I can't really count this as an excuse. Software needs to be tested sufficiently. Especially when it comes to new messenger systems the market is very harsh and when the name BlackBerry appears on it, it is even worse.

A lot of people I know tried out BBM when it was released cross platform. Technical people as well as non technical guys. Most of them were actually surprised about how good the software is and saw it as a serious rival to WhatsApp. But if things go wrong, people will immediately say "this software is crap - what else did I expect of BlackBerry". This is how it goes and people that have once uninstalled the software are not very likely to reinstall it because I say "hey the new version is much more stable".
    11-27-13 02:39 AM
30 12