Just been looking at an article about the Classic and as a Blackberry fan I am excited about a new device but as a Q10 owner I see absolutely no point in getting it.

In fact I don't see myself getting rid of the Q10 unless a large screen qwerty slider gets released (which is unlikely). Something that has a screen like the Z10 and then slides up to show a qwerty keyboard like the old 9800 would be cool. You?
    12-13-14 05:38 AM
    I want a Q10 (same size and materials) with a 4row(!!) touch + physical keyboard! A removable battery, glasswave back, black or silver bezel, charging contacts. I dont need a toolbelt.
    Better specs? Sure. But its not a must have. The Q10specs are fine.
    I just want a touch pkb on a Q10

Posted via Q10Bold
    hlg8888, bbnrs and lift like this.
    12-13-14 05:43 AM
    I want a slider actually a sort of Q10 keyboard with the Q10 frets not the skimpy classic frets and like a Z10 front.

Personally If I had my Q10 still the Classic would have been my obvious choice. Though I would have loved a spec bump probably a faster chipset and another gig of ram, plus the fact that they decided to go from micro-HDMI to the usb crap is a big downer for me. Honestly when I get back stateside I'm going to have a hell of a time deciding which device I'm getting first. A Q10 or a Classic or a Red Passport
    12-13-14 05:46 AM
    I truly want the Classic, but will not ever get rid of my Q10, as I feel I may be drawn back to it.

Things I'm not happy with on the Classic are the Non removable battery and size. I believe that the Q10 is a perfect device for me. And though the classic brings back the track pad, which I soo miss.. I think the size appears large and the none removable battery is a killer turn off for me.

BUT, I'm speaking from a point where I've never actually used a Classic nor seen the actual device. And I was not a fan of the Z10 but recently sold my Q5 and purchased a Z10 and truly loving it. What an amazing device!! Point being, I don't want to knock it till I've tried it, and I've yet to try the classic.

Watch this space...

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    12-13-14 10:14 AM
    Don't knock a brilliant design (Q10), " I think the size appears large and the none removable battery is a killer turn off for me." Two important considerations!
    12-13-14 12:19 PM
    The Classic has got the Z30 size. It is a big device imo.
    Dont get me wrong- I love my Z30 but I like the handy size of my Q10 too

Posted via Q10Bold
    12-13-14 12:30 PM
    I had the Q10 for over a year and was very satisfied with it. But I was eager to try out another device and it became the Passport. The Classic may be worth a shot, too. But somehow I got used to the big screen.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 04:09 PM
    The Q10 is without doubt the best overall phone I have owned. The size is right not too big and a great battery. If blackberry could make the app store bigger it would appeal to many more people. I am personally satisfied with the available apps. I do believe that size matters and the Q10 is blackberry's diamond. BlackBerry don't follow the rest please keep on producing compact phones.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    12-14-14 04:39 PM
    I wanted to get the Classic instead of the Q10, but got really hurried by the release date of the Classic and bought the Q10. The slider thing won't happen, unless lots of people ask BB to do it (if it's difficult to find QWERTY's, imagine finding sliders) but something like that would be fun on a phone, because you will have all the touch screen space to do anything and a physical keyboard.

I would say, if you are lucky enough to find somewhere to test the Classic, good, so you can have your own conclusions about it. But I really don't think it would be much of a difference.
    12-14-14 05:29 PM
    I want a Q10 (same size and materials) with a 4row(!!) touch + physical keyboard! A removable battery, glasswave back, black or silver bezel, charging contacts. I dont need a toolbelt.
    Better specs? Sure. But its not a must have. The Q10specs are fine.
    I just want a touch pkb on a Q10

Posted via Q10Bold
    Couldn't you just call it 'Q10 with touch+physical keyboard'? :P

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 06:57 PM
    I want a q10 like that I can use the keyboard as trackpad and of course an even more greater battery life.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 10:03 PM
    I truly want the Classic, but will not ever get rid of my Q10, as I feel I may be drawn back to it.

Things I'm not happy with on the Classic are the Non removable battery and size. I believe that the Q10 is a perfect device for me. And though the classic brings back the track pad, which I soo miss.. I think the size appears large and the none removable battery is a killer turn off for me.

BUT, I'm speaking from a point where I've never actually used a Classic nor seen the actual device. And I was not a fan of the Z10 but recently sold my Q5 and purchased a Z10 and truly loving it. What an amazing device!! Point being, I don't want to knock it till I've tried it, and I've yet to try the classic.

Watch this space...

Posted via CB10
    Ok, I've tried the classic... in fact, it's now my daily driver.

It's quiet on the wide side, as I find my fingers going the extra distance to find the keys (as opposed to the Q10). Truly loving the device.. You don't know what you got till it's gone they say, but I always missed the track pad.. and now it's back.. WOW.

Loving ma classic. :-)

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.1.1154

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 11:05 AM
    I really need an exact Q10 with fingerprint scanner. For a security smartphone this is a must have.

BlackBerry does that, and I'll buy 5 pieces just for me.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 11:11 AM
    I agree with you OP, the slider is what I would want full touch and physical keyboard (maybe that's the MWC announcement!), if that doesn't come to fruition, then the passport is what i'll be buying. It's a good overall improvement inn every aspect.
    01-14-15 11:56 AM
    In fact I don't see myself getting rid of the Q10 unless a large screen qwerty slider gets released (which is unlikely).
    BlackBerry Visa is your friend!

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 06:03 AM