I wish the OS would have specific design updates to help QWERTY owners to better maximize their screen real estate.
    I wish the icons were smaller as to fit an extra row and/or column.
    I would also like folders to give us an option to swipe to the left to fit more apps in a folder (i.e. iOS). I feel cheated not being able to fit many apps in folders.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 08:07 PM
    I would like to see the return of keyboard home screen shortcuts. B browser, N for BBM, K for lock.

Also, removing the keypad in the Phone app and adding "(" as the clear tape in Calculator and again hiding the keypad.

EDIT: Also, ALT phone number entry.

Q10SQN100-2/10.2.1.2174
    Last edited by mrskycar; 03-25-14 at 08:54 PM.
    BBFanatic4Life likes this.
    03-25-14 08:33 PM
    Yes!!!!

I would love to see all of these features added in future updates. Hopefully they will be implemented in the Q20 or Q30 later this year.

I especially miss the keyboard shortcuts that opened up apps. If they brought that back with the overall speed of the OS, the Q devices would be untouchable when it came to multitasking.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 08:36 PM
    I don't mind the 'swipe from the bottom to go back' option in order to get rid of the huge toolbar but I would love a keyboard shortcut that allows you to go back instead. If there is one PLEASE let me know!! lol
    03-25-14 09:46 PM
    This is a good topic

1. I want to be able to lock the phone using the touchscreen only. Right now swipe up and left does not do anything, this can be used for locking the screen.

2. Allow us to delete and hide all apps icons. Why would I want to have extra phone and camera icons on the home screen when I already have built in call and camera icons as part of the os?

3. Please allow more than 16 icons in a folder as well as allowing us to have a folder within a home screen folder.

4. Please give us a simple button to answer the call. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but the sliding to answer is very annoying right now. You can even keep the slider and add an option of touching the answer or ignore icons right away.

This would be all for now. I thought these were some basic no nonsense request, but apparently BlackBerry didn't think so.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    03-25-14 10:12 PM
    5. I would also like to see calculator as a quick access menu from the top.

03-25-14 10:16 PM
    Some of the Android APKs suck with the square screen aspect of the Q10/Q5. For e.g., Keyring is nearly unusable, LevelUp is also unusable unless you copy the image of the 2d barcode elsewhere.

I'd like the runtime to come with scrolling functionality that allows badly designed Android apps to be displayed with their native aspect ratio, rather than scaled to the square aspect.
    03-25-14 10:48 PM
    I'm liking these I just think it would be a home run if they customized the OS for the form-factor instead of having us work around it. Some things just feel so odd because they don't feel native to the 'square' experience.
    This isn't just a BlackBerry thing, though. Remember when the iPhone 5 came out and the apps had the ugly black bar at the top and the bottom? I feel we are experiencing this in our own way.
    03-25-14 10:56 PM
    I would like to silent my phone by holding the Q button..but thumbs up for being able to speed dial on home screen, thanks to the last update!hehe..

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 09:59 AM
    This is my exact list!

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 01:19 AM
    This is my exact list!

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 01:19 AM
    Exactly what i feel.. Thank you
    This is a good topic

1. I want to be able to lock the phone using the touchscreen only. Right now swipe up and left does not do anything, this can be used for locking the screen.

2. Allow us to delete and hide all apps icons. Why would I want to have extra phone and camera icons on the home screen when I already have built in call and camera icons as part of the os?

3. Please allow more than 16 icons in a folder as well as allowing us to have a folder within a home screen folder.

4. Please give us a simple button to answer the call. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but the sliding to answer is very annoying right now. You can even keep the slider and add an option of touching the answer or ignore icons right away.

This would be all for now. I thought these were some basic no nonsense request, but apparently BlackBerry didn't think so.

04-16-14 05:41 AM
    brightness setting!

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 06:00 AM
    I would like to see Google service integration. Even Apple has it. C'mon BlackBerry!

I would like to be able to delete emails by swiping to the left - similar to the iPhone. Much less arduous then holding and then hitting the trash can.

There's more, but that's all that I can think of right now.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 06:26 AM
    I would like to see the return of keyboard home screen shortcuts. B browser, N for BBM, K for lock.
    I don't even have the Q10 yet but I know this will be at the top of my list. In legacy BBOS we could turn off dialing from home screen to have these hot key shortcuts; in BB10 we should be able to do the same with universal search--just assign it to a shortcut key. This was a big part of the classic BB experience.
    04-16-14 07:09 AM
    I'd like to have the first page of the home screen to be kept empty, so I can view my wallpaper free of icons and see my daughter's beautiful eyes
    04-16-14 07:27 AM
    I would like different volume settings for phone calls and messages.

Irishman in Indonesia
    04-16-14 11:36 AM
    I'd like to have the first page of the home screen to be kept empty, so I can view my wallpaper free of icons and see my daughter's beautiful eyes
    I like this too -- not to see your daughter's eyes but because I like a minimalist home screen. As I recall, BB10 requires a minimum of one icon on a screen. I don't think this is too intrusive, but I've thought about trying to create a "null app" that does nothing, but has an empty transparent icon. The BB10 icon "coaster" would still be there, but that's all. It's only use would be to leave the screen as empty as possible.
    04-16-14 11:54 AM
    Short-cut key for page up/page down when browsing email, documents, web pages, rather than imprecisely dragging on screen (not so good for potential carpel tunnel, vs single click w/o drag action).

We get T (top) and B (bottom), but nothing in between. How about N (next) and U (up) ?
    04-16-14 10:22 PM
    Short-cut key for page up/page down when browsing email, documents, web pages, rather than imprecisely dragging on screen (not so good for potential carpel tunnel, vs single click w/o drag action).

We get T (top) and B (bottom), but nothing in between. How about N (next) and U (up) ?
    Have you tried using the spacebar to page through items?
    04-16-14 10:34 PM
    No, I hadn't, having scrolled through the short-cut list. Now I note Spacebar is frequently used to space down one page for various apps.

IT WORKS! THANKS.
    04-17-14 12:07 AM
    No, I hadn't, having scrolled through the short-cut list. Now I note Spacebar is frequently used to space down one page for various apps.

IT WORKS! THANKS.
    You know, this tiny detail is something I really liked on my legacy BBs. People scoffed at the idea, but I actually read a number of Kindle books on those devices. Using the space bar to go from page to page was, in my opinion, more natural than tapping the screen. I used a large font, so my eyes could take in the text in a single visual gulp, and I'd just click from one screen to the next, without having to do any horizontal scrolling of my eyes.

If I'm not mistaken, either Shift-space Alt-space scrolls back up.
    04-17-14 07:24 AM