Lol... Poper = Proper

I bought a Q10 from Rogers in fall 2014 and it has been double typing periodically the whole time I have owned it. The issue isn't too bad at the moment, so I was wondering what is reasonable when it comes to the issue.

If I call Robbers support, will they replace the phone (likely with some beat up refurb...) or tell me to take a hike, because it's not a constant issue?

Should I just buy a replacement OEM keyboard for $10 and install it myself?

Should I contact BlackBerry directly?

What's the status quo for this issue?
    04-12-15 05:35 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e+typing+issue

Here is a thread with some info
    There are a ton of threads about double typing, Check them out.
    04-12-15 06:09 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e+typing+issue

Here is a thread with some info
    There are a ton of threads about double typing, Check them out.
    Thanks for the link.

I was a little overwhelmed by the volume material there is on the subject here lol...
    04-12-15 09:36 PM
    Request a fix and get a a loaner from rogers, ask for a passport loaner

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.281
    04-12-15 09:49 PM
    I had the same question, except I'm with Sprint. I decided on buying a keyboard, it's on its way. I'll either do it myself or take it to a shop. I've had bad experiences with refurb phones so I figured between that and the whole hassle dealing with Sprint it was worth the $10 since I'd end up with my own phone rather than a beat up used one.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 09:22 AM
    I had the same question, except I'm with Sprint. I decided on buying a keyboard, it's on its way. I'll either do it myself or take it to a shop. I've had bad experiences with refurb phones so I figured between that and the whole hassle dealing with Sprint it was worth the $10 since I'd end up with my own phone rather than a beat up used one.

Posted via CB10
    My thoughts exactly. Not to mention, who's to say where that refurb has been. Imagine being sniffed out by a dog at the airport, because the previous owner of your glorious refurbished phone dropped it into a pile of coke? Yeah, good times right there I bet.

$10 and half an hour tinkering it is! I think I'll take this opportunity to put a silver bezel on it too ($15 on ebay).

Parts for these things are surprisingly cheap. Less than $4 for the camera assembly for instance.
    04-13-15 06:31 PM
    My thoughts exactly. Not to mention, who's to say where that refurb has been. Imagine being sniffed out by a dog at the airport, because the previous owner of your glorious refurbished phone dropped it into a pile of coke? Yeah, good times right there I bet.

$10 and half an hour tinkering it is! I think I'll take this opportunity to put a silver bezel on it too ($15 on ebay).

Parts for these things are surprisingly cheap. Less than $4 for the camera assembly for instance.
    I never even thought of that. Wow can you imagine?

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 11:05 PM
    Are you serious....

It's refurbished, which means the devices are cleaned anyway.

Posted via CB10
    bbnrs likes this.
    04-14-15 11:16 AM
    Are you serious....

It's refurbished, which means the devices are cleaned anyway.

Posted via CB10
    Lol no, I wasn't serious. However, the "cleaning" that goes on really would not be so thorough as to remove illicit substances from places that can't be seen by the naked eye, such as the headphone jack assembly. They don't disassemble the phones. So in theory, the issue I suggested is possible. Plausible? Unlikely.

04-14-15 11:42 AM
    Just buy a new keyboard. They are cheap, easy to replace, and less prone to the problem.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    bbnrs likes this.
    04-14-15 11:43 AM
    Have had my Q10 replaced by AT&T (thank you) successfully. Got a refurb that so far eight months ago. So far so good. Had a odd issue with Q10 aside from double typing. Two problems solved at once! A re-manufactured or refurb can be better quality than a new one. It all depends upon the issuer. There are some excellent photos in these columns showing the dislocation of the little discs below keyboard on the Q10. One poster mentioned the KB replacement only took him way less than one hr. I have an extra KB just in case.
    04-14-15 01:52 PM
    They will probably replace it with a smelly who knows where it has been refurbished phone unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 03:01 PM
    Take the Q10 in your right hand and raise your arm as high as it will go them as fast as you can throw the phone on the concrete and watch it shatter.
    Easy way to fix that double typing issue i have found!!

Just kidding, replace the keyboard
    04-14-15 03:45 PM
    My Q10 had the same problem... took it to telus while it still had the 1-year warranty on it, found out it's a hardware issue, and had a new (brand-new, not refurb) phone within 2 weeks, at no cost. if you don't know how to fix the keyboard yourself, I think I'd send it in. I loved my old Q10, but being able to type full-speed again is great Although you should back up everything on the phone before going in - they didn't have the capability to back up my contacts, calendar, or memos in-store.
    04-14-15 07:55 PM