My luck. As soon as I paid off my final payment on my Q10 from T-Mobile it was stolen the following week. No problem as I have BB Protect but the thief was intermittently turning the phone off (or possibly) removed the SIM. I gave the cops a screenshot of the last known location but apparently phone thefts are way down on the list of priorities for them. In the meantime I contacted Assurant Solutions to get a new phone but apparently they have decided that a Z10 is a comparable phone to the Q10. In addition they do not have any Q10s is stock with no known date of getting anymore.

What would you do?
    1. Get the Z10 and keep it?
    2. Get the Z10, unlock it and sell it?
    3. Get the Z10 and trade it back to T-Mobile and get a Classic?
    06-18-15 03:14 PM
    You can't get the insured value of the phone in cash? That's hardly what I call insurance.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 03:22 PM
    You can't get the insured value of the phone in cash? That's hardly what I call insurance.

Posted via CB10
    I guess get a z10 and sell it.

Posted via CB10
    2. The likelihood of getting decent value for a trade-in is pretty low. Individual sales usually have a better outcome.
    My thoughts exactly. I told them the MSRP of the Q10 was more than the Z10 so how was it possible that they figured the Z10 to be the same? I'm like give me a Z10 and the cash OR credit difference then.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 03:29 PM
    I'd try again and see if you can't get a refurbished Classic - call or go to the store or both... just explain that you want a keyboard device to replace your keyboard device. Maybe even ask about ETF like you might go somewhere else....
    MiyakSk33 likes this.
    06-18-15 03:31 PM
    Z10 actually value lower than q10. I would demand q10. If they say it's out of stock, ask for classic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-18-15 04:50 PM
    I'd try again and see if you can't get a refurbished Classic - call or go to the store or both... just explain that you want a keyboard device to replace your keyboard device. Maybe even ask about ETF like you might go somewhere else....
    Asurian (should there be an extra "s" in there?) is a separate company. They don't care if the OP goes elsewhere. No ETF as it was financed.
    OP should go to the store or call TMO and complain though. If the deductible is more than $99, I don't know if I'd bother with the Z10 unless you keep it. Won't be able to sell it for much more than that, but I'm not sure.
    You could always hit Amazon. I did that when my "F" key went kaput. It was around $160 for a like new from their warehouse used thing.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.2.798
    06-18-15 04:54 PM
    That's exactly why I don't even bother with insurance. Not saying it's bad that you did by any means! I just know that there are so many stipulations and runarounds with phone insurance. I'd rather not pay $200+ over the course of a contract and not get anything out of it. Granted i'm extremely careful with my phones. A case (and the keys, phone, wallet check) are my insurance. However, depends what you want to do. If you still want the Q10 I'd sell the Z10 and get the classic OR buy a used Q10. I'm actually wanting to unload my mint Q10 if you're interested. $125 includes shipping! used for 2 months.
    06-18-15 05:15 PM
    Just wondering, how much did you pay for your insurance in total?

The Q10 can be had new for less than $200. The phone insurance does not really mean much since the phones depreciate in price so much and so quickly.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 06:50 PM
    Insurance is almost always a lose for the consumer. You pay a premium, a deductible, and in the end the contract allows the company to satisfy loss or damage in just about any way THEY see fit.

Q10's are going for $150 on eBay. Skip the insurance next time.
    06-19-15 08:35 AM
    I paid $8 USD a month for 2 years. On the insurance company's website the deductible for a Q10 and Z10 is $150 USD. Lastly you are correct on the depreciation, a traded in Q10 and Z10 to T-Mobile is only worth $36 USD. Damn near 94% loss.

Just wondering, how much did you pay for your insurance in total?

The Q10 can be had new for less than $200. The phone insurance does not really mean much since the phones depreciate in price so much and so quickly.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 04:45 PM
    This same thing just came up for me. Had the Q10 for two years, been paying $7 per month to Telus for 'device security' or whatever as I use my phone in the bush for work. Replacement cost for a new Q10 was $150. I weighed all the options but in the end I decided to pay it. I have already spent $168 in insurance coverage, spending the $150 brings me to $318 and I got a brand new Q10 mailed to me within 24 hours.

Oddly enough, this is the exact same cost as a brand new Q10 from Amazon (Canada). I could have put the $168 toward a new phone with Telus and signed a two-year contract, but then I'm locked into a contract and more than that, none of the new Blackberry's jump out at me. I seriously love the Q10.

I read literally hundreds of negative reviews about eSecuritel, the insurance company Telus uses, but for me this was actually a positive experience. The two years of $7/month payments were already spent, so I made use of that investment. I got a brand new Q10, in box with all accessories and now I will get at least another two years out of this phone.

Looking back, had I not spent that $7/month I could now have $318 toward a brand new phone, but then again the $150 I spent now didn't seem like as big of a hit as dumping $318 all at once (and probably more than that for a new phone now). I love the Q10, don't use a case other than when I work in the field, I'm pretty hard on it, dropped it lots and it's held up quite well. In the end it was the double typing that got to me. I guess if you plan on needing the insurance program it's worth it. But who ever plans on needing it...Catch 22 for sure.
    06-22-15 07:29 PM
    After 2mths of holding out I went ahead and got the phone.
    08-12-15 07:54 PM
    I've never been better off for having insurance, had it on every phone up till my Q10. I'd always pay more to the insurance company monthly plus the deductible then straight out buying a refurbished unit... which is what they send you anyway.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 10:31 AM