I had to borrow my girlfriend's iphone 5 to check something on Instagram, then subconsciously keep swiping up a few times trying to get out and go to Facebook. Naturally I turned to her and say, "honey your damn phone is not responding."

My suggestion, keep using your Q10 for a little while. Then try iOS again, the list will just shrink down to #1, and you become one of us.
    If you need to check instagram, try using the browser? it's my preferred way to view instagram.
    08-27-13 04:07 PM
    add me to the list, then. i am still using both (q10 and iphone 5) and the q10 is much more productive for me. the iphone is more for entertainment. and the fact is, most people want a phone for entertainment. an iphone is a ipod with internet, games, etc. what's not to like? but for business, it is miserable.

first time I heard of anyone giving up an iPhone to come to the BlackBerry, I've seen a mass Exodus the other way
    08-27-13 04:17 PM
    A novelty "security" system, instead of a password you can unlock the phone with the front camera pointing at you, there are a few apps that do this on IOS and Andriod, none come across as secure by any means.
    It must not be native cause I can't find it on my iPhone 5. I know my note 2 had it and it was kind of cool but nothing spectacular.
    08-27-13 04:18 PM
    how secure is the face detection security?
    08-27-13 04:23 PM
    first time I heard of anyone giving up an iPhone to come to the BlackBerry, I've seen a mass Exodus the other way
    I think there are many on these forums that have done this. I gave up my iPhone 4s and have no desire to go back.

Posted via CB10
    bradu1 likes this.
    08-27-13 04:38 PM
    Because I have to sift through useless threads on CB that serve no purpose. If people don't say they are other idiots will post the same ones over and over. Oh wait they already do.

Then what is honestly so hard about not opening the thread? You say you don't care, but yet you cared enough to post that you don't care?

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    08-27-13 05:25 PM
    It must not be native cause I can't find it on my iPhone 5. I know my note 2 had it and it was kind of cool but nothing spectacular.
    it's not there are a few apps for it on ios, not sure which one is the "original"

how secure is the face detection security?
    not secure at all, I wouldn't even use the term security when describing it, gimmick would be more appropriate.
    08-28-13 12:37 PM
    Dr Mike, this is about people helping people (how quaint) and sharing information and feelings (regarding phones!). I don't think that its a place where condescending and offensive posts.
    bodjor likes this.
    08-28-13 01:06 PM
    Because I have to sift through useless threads on CB that serve no purpose. If people don't say they are other idiots will post the same ones over and over. Oh wait they already do.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    That's my point. They already post it over and over and nothing you or I say would change that, so why waste the time? I wouldn't open a thread that didn't interest me.

I guess the same could be said for my post, me stating people should be nicer isn't going to change things as it's the internet and people just want to be rude.
    bodjor likes this.
    08-28-13 01:27 PM
    I don't like the ios UI. At all

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 05:00 PM
    I've owned my Q10 for about 2 weeks and there are a few features that I miss most:
    1) the app store
    2) face detection security
    3)built in youtube app (only displays videos available to few on a mobile)
    4) the otherall look of the OS

Anybody else who has come from IOS miss certain features?

Posted via CB10
    I took an Iphone 5 for test drive for a few days and while I was impressed it still lacks where BlackBerry excels.

Email on the iphone is no where as good as my Q10. The font size is also way too small IMO.

On the positive the iphone does have some awesome apps I would like on my Q10.

Until BlackBerry gets more apps it's hard to compare the two devices.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 05:15 PM
    I didn't jump on him, I was telling him where his thread would be more well-received.

A post about missing an iPhone should be at an iPhone-centric place. I couldn't imagine getting an iPhone, then going over to iMore and telling them a few things I miss about my Q10, but maybe that's just me.
    No... that's not just you, just most civil, polite, sane people.

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 likes this.
    08-28-13 05:17 PM
    I think there are many on these forums that have done this. I gave up my iPhone 4s and have no desire to go back.

Posted via CB10
    I am currently carrying both my iphone 5 and Q10. I am finding more enjoyment from my blackberry though.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 05:19 PM
    The face detection app? I had iPhone 4s and never saw a face detection app or a fingerprint scanner app that isn't fake..

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    08-28-13 05:21 PM
    Then what is honestly so hard about not opening the thread? You say you don't care, but yet you cared enough to post that you don't care?
    AND YET YOU, fair madame, cared enough to keep replying to his lack of caring ? And I cared enough to care enough about your caring about his absence of caring to reply to you...
    Please. This is frivolity run amok. We all know it and enjoy it.
    TWISM likes this.
    08-28-13 05:51 PM
    I have a face detection built in to my HTC one. It works great and does not open with anyone else's face, but I would still never use it.

Sent from BBQ 10 / HTC One
    08-28-13 09:40 PM
    Yeah, I don't know about an app on android or ios. Every android device that I've used - ICS and higher - have had the face detection lock baked in the system. With that being said, I don't use it. For security? Please. That seems like chaos waiting to happen. In fact, just as I did with my BB, I only use a pin code.
    08-28-13 10:43 PM
    Honestly I miss the app selection.

There isn't one music app on the BlackBerry 10 like spotify. Songza doesn't get through one song without freezing on the song. Slacker radio sometimes just hangs.

BlackBerry needs to fix the app issue. Like yesterday. I love the phone and os.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 11:40 PM

There isn't one music app on the BlackBerry 10 like spotify. Songza doesn't get through one song without freezing on the song. Slacker radio sometimes just hangs.

Posted via CB10
    Try Skooday. Best music app imo. Songza sucks. Crashes like crazy.

Q10
    08-28-13 11:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    or try 8tracks. it's pretty cool.

Z10 from ze Germany
    08-29-13 01:44 AM
    You must kidding me! It's BlackBerry not iPhone

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 01:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    Loaded Spotify on my z10 2 days ago (screen shot below) so now you have no reason to moan. Yes it's side loaded. Took two minutes tho. I'm on 10.2 using the unlocked run time. If u ain't willing to do the same... tough. I'm not a fan of Spotify on mobile tho cos it requires premium subscription. Screw that. Try using Skooday then, it's great and built for BlackBerry so I use it instead.
    What I miss about the iphone 5-img_00000768.png

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BlackB_G; 08-29-13 at 07:34 AM.
    08-29-13 01:55 AM
    Noobs

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 09:27 AM
    Appppssssssss I want my app fix and fast

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 11:03 AM
    Face detection will tell you if you're handsome or ugly.

Posted via CB10
    bradu1 likes this.
    09-01-13 08:51 AM
50 12