I've owned my Q10 for about 2 weeks and there are a few features that I miss most:
    1) the app store
    2) face detection security
    3)built in youtube app (only displays videos available to few on a mobile)
    4) the otherall look of the OS

Anybody else who has come from IOS miss certain features?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 10:18 AM
    Can't comment on the first two since not my priority but I run Fast Tube on my Z10 and it is great. I also love the bb10 flow capability that keeps me from having to switch between 2 tactile devices (just screen as opposed to button and screen). If you prefer the button maybe you should return to IOS?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 10:28 AM
    the app store??? really? cmon now... dont say you came to BlackBerry without knowing that difference...
    Atony7, Djlatino, eldricho and 4 others like this.
    08-27-13 11:20 AM
    I've owned my Q10 for about 2 weeks and there are a few features that I miss most:
    1) the app store

Posted via CB10
    Face detection security? What is that?
    08-27-13 12:03 PM
    Face detection security? What is that?
    A novelty "security" system, instead of a password you can unlock the phone with the front camera pointing at you, there are a few apps that do this on IOS and Andriod, none come across as secure by any means.
    08-27-13 12:50 PM
    This thread belongs over at iMore.

Those people will probably care more about what you miss from your iPhone.
    ibpluto and bradu1 like this.
    08-27-13 12:51 PM
    Face detection? WTF? What is the use of such a thing? Can't imagine a single reason to use it...
    My 2 cents

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 12:58 PM
    1) the app store

Posted via CB10
    Is face detection security actually available on the iPhone 5? I just checked, can't see any reference to it on the Apple site. Nor have any of the 3 iPhone 5 users in my house stumbled onto it.

Are you perhaps referring to FaceTime video chat?
    08-27-13 01:10 PM
    It's a good thing to always jump all over people when they post some thoughts.

People seem to forget they can choose not to open a thread, but yet they read it, say the don't care about it... then just ignore it and move on.

Normally a user posts... I miss my iPhione 5. Then everyone jumps on them, well give us reasons. The OP gave a few reasons important to HIM and yet he still gets jumped on.

It's a lose/lose at CB.
    08-27-13 01:12 PM
    Yeah, grow up whiners, the op said nothing bad about his Q10. The things mentioned are likely the biggest factors people have when considering an iPhone alternative. With the exception of face detection security.

Posted via CB10
    chinky.eyes and gokulesh like this.
    08-27-13 01:36 PM
    It's like writing in your wife's birthday card the top 5 things you miss about your ex girlfriend.

I don't care what people miss about their iPhone in a BlackBerry forum.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    bradu1, MrVeda, SlcCorrado and 4 others like this.
    08-27-13 01:40 PM
    I don't miss anything from my iphone 4s but I did miss the qwerty keyboard.

Honestly, there's nothing that I miss about my iphone...

Q10
    08-27-13 01:44 PM
    Uh, Dr. Mike, are you concerned about your Q10's feelings?
    08-27-13 01:44 PM
    iphone and its side effects
    08-27-13 01:46 PM
    1. Be patient for a little while longer, BlackBerry app world will grow.
    2. Try posting in the BB10 apps forum, maybe someone will get on it and create an app like that.
    3. FastTube
    4. In 30 days, you won't be saying this.

I came from an iphone 4 and was so glad to be rid of plain old and boring iOS (although mine was duked out with jailbroken stuff). I quickly got used to BB10 over the first month.

So stick with the Q10, and plus 10.2 is just around the corner.
    gokulesh likes this.
    08-27-13 01:51 PM
    there must have been genuine reason of shifting from Iphone to Q10,they belong to two different thought schools of usability.
    But as we buy product ,we also know its pros and cons,the statement confuses me saying that somethings are missing ,proper research must have been missing.
    Z10 apart from apps would have suited more
    08-27-13 01:53 PM
    It's a good thing to always jump all over people when they post some thoughts.

People seem to forget they can choose not to open a thread, but yet they read it, say the don't care about it... then just ignore it and move on.

Normally a user posts... I miss my iPhione 5. Then everyone jumps on them, well give us reasons. The OP gave a few reasons important to HIM and yet he still gets jumped on.

It's a lose/lose at CB.
    I didn't jump on him, I was telling him where his thread would be more well-received.

Yeah, grow up whiners, the op said nothing bad about his Q10. The things mentioned are likely the biggest factors people have when considering an iPhone alternative. With the exception of face detection security.

Posted via CB10
    A post about missing an iPhone should be at an iPhone-centric place. I couldn't imagine getting an iPhone, then going over to iMore and telling them a few things I miss about my Q10, but maybe that's just me.
    bradu1 and boys_inter like this.
    08-27-13 01:58 PM
    A novelty "security" system, instead of a password you can unlock the phone with the front camera pointing at you, there are a few apps that do this on IOS and Andriod, none come across as secure by any means.
    None on them ARE secure by any means, they can be tricked with a large photo print of the phone user's face!

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 likes this.
    08-27-13 02:05 PM
    None on them ARE secure by any means, they can be tricked with a large photo print of the phone user's face!

Posted via CB10
    I asked a mate about that as his HTC One has this, and he said there is an option to enable "blink" mode or something so there is some movement to prevent this. Not tried it myself

Posted via CB10
    21stNow likes this.
    08-27-13 02:42 PM
    I had to borrow my girlfriend's iphone 5 to check something on Instagram, then subconsciously keep swiping up a few times trying to get out and go to Facebook. Naturally I turned to her and say, "honey your damn phone is not responding."

My suggestion, keep using your Q10 for a little while. Then try iOS again, the list will just shrink down to #1, and you become one of us.
    awindsr likes this.
    08-27-13 03:32 PM
    the new iphone will be copying some of BB10's features..ie like swiping gestures. i think, OS wise, the iPhone 5 is no where near the potential of BB10. Especially 10.2. I have a Q10 and an iPhone 5. I LOVE the iPhone 5 for music...and some GPS apps. that's about it.
    08-27-13 03:52 PM
    It's like writing in your wife's birthday card the top 5 things you miss about your ex girlfriend.

I don't care what people miss about their iPhone in a BlackBerry forum.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    Then what is honestly so hard about not opening the thread? You say you don't care, but yet you cared enough to post that you don't care?
    bodjor and St_Deborah like this.
    08-27-13 03:58 PM
    first time I heard of anyone giving up an iPhone to come to the BlackBerry, I've seen a mass Exodus the other way
    08-27-13 04:00 PM
    I can agree with #1 but with #1 only... OS 10.2 is sweet
    08-27-13 04:05 PM
    I asked a mate about that as his HTC One has this, and he said there is an option to enable "blink" mode or something so there is some movement to prevent this. Not tried it myself

Posted via CB10
    even with blink enabled it can be fooled easily if you open up Microsoft paint and blur the eyes so it looks like they're closed.. flash that image and the normal one with the eyes open and you're good to go!

all this being said, to the OP, this is an app that was developed for android first, so if you want it you could probably just sideload it. But like it's been said here, it's not secure.
    08-27-13 04:05 PM
50 12