1st, I only have a Q10. I don't have a Z10, Z30, or Z3. I don't know how they operate.

Since BlackBerry World lacks native apps, would like to see these Android apps scroll and be able to recognize the physical keyboard. Yes I understand that these apps aren't coded with a PK, but what about the emulator? There are a few important apps that I can't use because I have to enter a pin number and the on screen keypad only shows the numbers 1, 2, and 3. Can't scroll down, can't use PK.

No double typing issues, excellent battery life, happy with BlackBerry Map.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 02:53 PM
    I cut it in half to make 2 q5's and neither half works anymore!

Posted via CB10
    10Q for that!

From My Consciousness to Yours Via BBQ10/10.3.0.xxxx
    09-11-14 07:57 PM
    Lags on many functions of the phone
    Android apps some unusable
    Browser uses too much power and heats up device too much
    Lack off navigation toggle like the one coming on the classic makes some functions clumsy as user switch between keyboard and touchscreen (which, passport and classic is looking to solve)
    The back cover comes loose too easily and cover chips as well
    Cameera back and front both are lackluster, and double type problems
    Battery life less than stellar
    Screen outdoor performance is non functional
    Several native apps aren't that good
    Power connection placement moved to the side so usual charging stand is unavailable
    Camera positioning makes. It easy for me to wipe the lense

And it double types.

CB10 on the Q10
    Tompire likes this.
    09-11-14 08:29 PM
    Love this phone except the back door in some devices it's lose way to lose sir.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 10:05 PM
    Hope BB will soon add an Auto BCC option to the best mail client in the world
    09-11-14 11:32 PM
    Honestly there is nothing wrong across the board on the Q10-great device. There are them with issues of double type and all. But if survey done, it would be a small percentage most likely. My opinion, and we know what is said on that. Lol. Had this q10 from get go over a year-go Q10.

Classic
    09-11-14 11:55 PM
    Absolutely! I find this irritating at times. Another think I don't like is the fact that you don't get option to change the font style /size while responding to outlook emails (active sync). My email goes as calibiri 12. It should go as 11.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 12:09 AM
    People do forget there are other options. Do people have their arms twisted to buy the Q10? Doubt it. Why complain? Just habit it seems.

Classic
    09-12-14 12:26 AM
    Well I have had the Q10 for 2 weeks now and I am so surprised how people are having issues with battery life. I have thrashed the phone non stop for over 12 hours per day and I am so impressed. Using it twice as much as I used to use my HTC ONE and it is lasting nearly twice as long. So this is definitely a strong point. Using both wifi and 4G. BBM is the best and I am converting android user friends to convert and they are also liking it. Keyboard is legendary as per usual except the sloppy space bar. Hub is awesome... enough said. UI is seamless however if I didn't have to use the touch screen would be nicer, or the old track ball would be perfect. Being a new platform the apps are adequate but need refining... better ones to come I am sure. Overall it's a real workhorse and the best at what it does well. Playdroid and plapple it is not, but it is not far off for the average 10 'important app' person.
    Have a great day.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 04:27 AM
    My only issue is when putting the device away. I hit the top button but the slight delay let's my hand hit either the camera icon or the browser icon, so when I pull it out to use again, sometimes they are open.

For those of you with scrolling problems. Try using the spacebar more. It scrolls 1 page down.

Posted from my awesome Q10
    Thanks for posting this problem I thought I was the only one hitting the camera thing. Yes it's very very annoying
    09-12-14 11:21 AM
    Very little, bit of flex over the middle of the battery door. Find the camera UI is super cramped.

Coming back to BlackBerry from Android in 2014 really highlights the utter paucity of apps. Discussion for another thread/board I guess. It has my banking app (sketchy port), really devastated no decent native Spotify or Deezer app, FB app is appalling. Ebay is an OK port and miss an Amazon app.

I LOVE the hardware, love a decent notification LED, love the official leather pouch (protected in pocket, naked in use - best of both). Glad the charger is a common standard (coming from SGN3 and before that, an iPhone 5). Simple pleasure of hardware media play/pause.

There is no perfect phone however, yet my quest to find one continues.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    09-12-14 12:49 PM
    for me the battery problem is a big issue ...
    I have changed 3 Q10's and all of them lose - drain at night in stanby mode (airplane mode) everything closed about 14-15 % from time 12.30 to 7.00 at morning .
    I have tried everything clean installs -official os -wipes-sic etc but for me its unexceptable to lose 15% ..
    I also have an iphone 5s (jailbroken) storage is almost full- same accounts same everything and at night the same hours standby it loses 0-1%
    Believe it or not the battery on my iphone 5s is better
    Also my Q10 ( i have opened )couple of topics has a specific issue ... it turns of when the device is at 14% and below and receives or makes a call .
    There are a few out there with the same issue , but cant get fixed with any trick out there ..
    Everything else on the device is perfect and the Q is my i-device ,but the battery problems have made me very sad ...
    09-12-14 03:52 PM
    I've been using my Q10 for awhile now and the only thing that really bugs me is hanging up calls. I wish there were a hardware button (ala the tool belt). I get messed up waiting for the screen to come on after the proximity sensor releases it when it take the phone away from my ear. Basically I try to hang up on the blank screen instead of waiting until the end call message shows up.

Otherwise this is a great BB.

FWIW
    DLM
    09-12-14 04:09 PM
    I've been using my Q10 for awhile now and the only thing that really bugs me is hanging up calls. I wish there were a hardware button (ala the tool belt). I get messed up waiting for the screen to come on after the proximity sensor releases it when it take the phone away from my ear. Basically I try to hang up on the blank screen instead of waiting until the end call message shows up.

Otherwise this is a great BB.

FWIW
    DLM
    Hmmm, I can understand why many would want the toolbelt to address this issue.

As for myself, i've used bluetooth headsets for my devices for voicecalls. I know it's a pain to have to carry and charge another device, but since the scare of radiation at the turn of the century, i've always used bluetooth headsets. A plus is not having my phone all greased or sweated up from placing the handset against the face. It's hot and humid where I live.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 01:00 AM
    As for myself, i've used bluetooth headsets for my devices for voicecalls. I know it's a pain to have to carry and charge another device, but since the scare of radiation at the turn of the century, i've always used bluetooth headsets.
    Posted via CB10
    I have bought myself a BB bluetooth headset for the same reason you have mentioned, but I have been wondering whether a wireless/bluetooth connection would have the same radiation issues as the normal phone. Do you know for a fact that it doesn't? It will be good to know.

Posted via Z10
    09-13-14 04:48 AM
    I have bought myself a BB bluetooth headset for the same reason you have mentioned, but I have been wondering whether a wireless/bluetooth connection would have the same radiation issues as the normal phone. Do you know for a fact that it doesn't? It will be good to know.

Posted via Z10
    Even with the radiation controversy, there have always been studies that go either way. I do recall that many of these say there is really nothing to worry about. I'd rather err on the side of caution.

As for the fact that bluetooth still uses radio waves, I would rather have that since it's low energy versus the actual phone against my skull. Most of the studies anyway suggest either using wired headsets or bluetooth headsets for those who want to avoid placing a handset against the skull.
    09-13-14 06:03 AM
    My only issue would be the double typing problem other than that I would definitely Q10 again I just want to experience the BlackBerry full touch though was thinking of getting the Z30 but might just wait for the Z3 LTE!
    Get the Z30. Best BB10 experience available. The Z3 will be a larger Z10. The Z30 is the flagship.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30
    09-13-14 06:45 AM
    As for the fact that bluetooth still uses radio waves, I would rather have that since it's low energy versus the actual phone against my skull. Most of the studies anyway suggest either using wired headsets or bluetooth headsets for those who want to avoid placing a handset against the skull.
    I just read the following article on Bluetooth technology which pretty much says the same thing:

"A typical mobile phone transmits with 1 watt of power, while a Bluetooth headset transmits with only about 1/1000 of that power (1mW). A headset has to send a signal only a few feet from your ear to your phone, but cell phone towers are often a mile or more apart, so your phone has to send a much more powerful signal to reach them."

Makes sense. I feel better about using a Bluetooth headset now. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 10:25 AM
    You can even place your bluetooth headset far from your head with something like the Jabra for instance.
    What i dont like about my Q10 is........-img_20140913_192221_edit_edit.jpg
    09-13-14 12:25 PM
    You can even place your bluetooth headset far from your head with something like the Jabra for instance.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140913_192221_edit_edit.jpg 
Views:	887 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	297617
    Ah yes, I also have something similar, the Sony Ericsson mw700. The bluetooth transceiver is clipped on your shirt and a short cabled stereo headphones is plugged into it. I still prefer a good old mono bluetooth headset. Easier to carry around.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 01:39 PM
    Just the damn keyboard stutter....everything else on my Q10 iiis perfect (damn that stutterr)

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 06:32 PM
    Thanks for posting this problem I thought I was the only one hitting the camera thing. Yes it's very very annoying
    Oh! I do that too!

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 06:33 PM
    Just the damn keyboard stutter....everything else on my Q10 iiis perfect (damn that stutterr)

Posted via CB10
    I feel ya. I have aa two month old Q10 and I'm beginning to get problems with the letters a and o occasionally double typing already. My handset indicates May 2013 manufacturing date.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 10:45 AM
    You can't reduce your home screen to just a few icons, AND place them along the bottom. This goes for a lot of the features. Send, cancel etc are all along the top. I'm a one handed user and that's a pretty good stretch to get up there (and be accurate, given the screen doesn't know if that's press or a swipe). All keyboard based BBs had all features at the bottom of the screen, so I'm shocked they've gone with the new form factor. On the Q10, they didin't commit this sin for the call or hang up button though - did the people who placed those buttons not talk to the people who placed the others?

I miss the track pad but I'm new to the Q10 so we'll see if it's just old dogs and new....um...new.. something... sorry, senior dog moment.

Yes definitely - a real end button and a home button. On previous BBs I would hit the "back" button numerous time out of habit just to get back to baseline.
    So much of what I used to do I could do one handed and without looking. No longer.

I think the first Bold had the off button on the top as well, but it must have been shorter - seems a reach now - my last one had it on the top left, in easy reach of index finger, but it was a smaller unit. And what's with the number buttons turning the phone back on? I've turned it off, I want it off until I hit that one button!

Yes it's thinner, but I think i liked the thicker form factor - it was easier to hold on to. Perhaps it's just the new finish - too slippery. I've never had a case for any of the other units I've owned, and I don't want to start now.
    12-05-14 11:32 AM
    *Hard to get (It was really difficult to get outside the country)
    *Lack of native apps
    *Lack of an automatic ordering method for the app screen (You have to order the apps manually)
    *Lack of solution for the Nordic keyboard
    *Lack of widgets (IMO)
    12-14-14 07:28 PM
91 1234