Hey guys -I bought a Q10 few days ago and it's awesome....

However, I'd like to ask some of you who've been using the phone for a while now (say it 4-5 months) -how's the back of the phone doing for you ? I mean touching the back of the phone feels amazing -I dont have a clue what kind of material that is but it's really nice...however I dont know if it's durable enough to let me carry the phone naked or not ? At the moment I'm using a pocket-type-holster (the one you pull the phone out of and it's naked inside) and I'm happy like that cuz the phone looks amazing and feels amazing so when I pull it out it's naked and hot ! But if that's risking the condition of my phone I'd rather switch to an exoskeleton one (holster ) -I apologize for my bad English -I hope you get my point....

Thing is I'm from Bulgaria and I am yet to see a BB10 user in town....in general the BB-phones arent so popular here and therefor there's no support-shop (like the apple shops) where I can just go and check out all the options so instead I had to buy the first pocket-like holster in which the phone could fit :/ So it aint like I had much of a choice either but if you guys reply that the phone's back-cover is easy to wear off over time I'd go as far as purchase a better one from Ebay or something :/ I've got 2 years contract so I'll stick to the Q10 for a long time and I'd like it to look as new for as long as possible ://

If you could share your experience with me I'll be happy and glad -thanks in advance

Regards.
    09-03-13 05:29 AM
    I have the Q10 and am using the Blackberry soft case to protect the back and a Zagg screen protector for the front. I bought the Blackberry Q10 leather case with belt clip. This combination works well for me

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 06:42 AM
    Have phone naked. Never felt so comfortable. I just received leather pocket yesterday, but honestly it's slowing me down. It's another step to getting to a call or mail. I think I'm going to just keep phone naked. I slide it (and it reboots) on my desk all the time and honestly I have more scratches near the charger plug than my back cover.

Not to mention, I'm pretty careful. I never dropped my naked iPhone and I doubt I'll ever drop my q.

Also, let me elaborate on how pissed off I am that the charger area has scratches. It's not my damn fault my eyes are usually half shut when I search for the correct port. Ugh. So pissed.
    09-04-13 01:48 PM
    I use the standard oem swivel holster, the one with the red stitch.
    I keep my Q10 in its holster so it's in and out numerous times a day.
    I haven't seen any signs of wear on the battery cover. I'd say it pretty durable.

I think one of the alt or shift keys will start to wear before the rear of the phone. Because everytime I remove the Q from its holster I have the alt symbol activated.

Also if the rear does wear they're replaceable and cheap to buy.
    Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 02:05 PM
    I don't like having my phone in my pocket. I bought the BlackBerry leather holster. I think it's PERFECT!

BBQ10
    09-04-13 02:07 PM
    I don't like having my phone in my pocket. I bought the BlackBerry leather holster. I think it's PERFECT!

BBQ10
    I do like the leather pouch, I had one for my bold 9900, but I kept taking it off and mislaying it if I didnt' put it straight back on lol.

I settled on the leather hard flip case, but I have to say I do still have a hankering for the leather swivel holster. It just wasn't available in the shop at launch day, and I coudl get a free one, so I settled on the flip case as it was free. Otherwise I might have waited.
    09-04-13 03:00 PM
    Never a case. Never a holster. What is this? 1999? Sporting your StarTAC on your waist?

As an aside, why do people always say the back material is so amazing? What is it? It's plastic.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 06:23 PM
    The back is actually not plastic, but a woven glass material similar to Kevlar. I've got a hard case on it now but it gets in the way by adding more bulk to a svelte device. I'm waiting to get an OEM holster, but the spending money is tight this month and next. The

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 06:46 PM
    Never a case. Never a holster. What is this? 1999? Sporting your StarTAC on your waist?

As an aside, why do people always say the back material is so amazing? What is it? It's plastic.

Posted via CB10
    its called convenience. I think you'll find its a fashionable idea in any decade

Back is a glass weave material by the way, designed not to impede signal but be plenty tough.
    09-05-13 08:34 AM
    Hey guys -I bought a Q10 few days ago and it's awesome....

However, I'd like to ask some of you who've been using the phone for a while now (say it 4-5 months) -how's the back of the phone doing for you ? I mean touching the back of the phone feels amazing -I dont have a clue what kind of material that is but it's really nice...however I dont know if it's durable enough to let me carry the phone naked or not ? At the moment I'm using a pocket-type-holster (the one you pull the phone out of and it's naked inside) and I'm happy like that cuz the phone looks amazing and feels amazing so when I pull it out it's naked and hot ! But if that's risking the condition of my phone I'd rather switch to an exoskeleton one (holster ) -I apologize for my bad English -I hope you get my point....

Thing is I'm from Bulgaria and I am yet to see a BB10 user in town....in general the BB-phones arent so popular here and therefor there's no support-shop (like the apple shops) where I can just go and check out all the options so instead I had to buy the first pocket-like holster in which the phone could fit :/ So it aint like I had much of a choice either but if you guys reply that the phone's back-cover is easy to wear off over time I'd go as far as purchase a better one from Ebay or something :/ I've got 2 years contract so I'll stick to the Q10 for a long time and I'd like it to look as new for as long as possible ://

If you could share your experience with me I'll be happy and glad -thanks in advance

Regards.
    I use the oem hard shell case (fits firmly and is flush with edges with no interference of key board access.) I use it with the oem leather holster case and just more convenient when listening to music. They both fit like a glove. However at first it may be slightly snug due to the new leather. Originally the holster I think was designed to work with the soft shell but the soft shell does loosen over time to the point of popping off easily. The leather holster case does have a bit of wiggle room to accommodate the hard shell and leather holster.

Sent from my SGH-I957R using CB Forums mobile app
    09-05-13 10:13 PM
    I was using the incipio featherlite before I got the OEM Holster with the magnet clip.

My preference is holstered over pocketed but if you like pocketed definitely get the Incipio. Its light, it's semi hard and not to obtrusive to the edges of the screen for gestures.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 08:20 AM