Had my phone on the charger overnight, as usual. Unplugged this morning and decided to do a battery pull, which I do every Saturday morning to free up memory. It was charged at 100% of course, from being on the charger for 7 hours. Pulled the batt, turned it back on and it said it was at 44% charge. I thought that was just a glitch, so I did the battery pull again. Turned back on and was 42%. Plugged it back into the charger until it was back up to 100% and didn't do another pull, just used as normal.

It is a little after noon and I am having to charge it AGAIN for the second time today because it went down to 33% with normal usage, which isn't much. This is very odd. The battery normally is better than good. I normally only use at most 35% in a full 18 hour day. That with 90-100 texts, emails, streaming music, phone calls and browsing.

Only thing that is different, I loaded beweather pro on it last night but it was on there about 3 hours before I plugged it in for the night and it didn't drain it anymore than normal. When I look in the monitor, it shows that 'system' used 22%. Display used 9%. beweather pro shows only <0.02% so that obviously isn't the issue. Any ideas? I am on 10.2.0.2102 and have been for a couple weeks. Only owned the phone for a month. Anyone have any insight as to what happened? Bad battery all the sudden? Thanks.
    03-29-14 12:32 PM
    Check your device monitor and see if will give you any indication of the source of battery drain.
    I use that weather app, and don't get any abnormal drain from it, so it probably isn't it.

Sent from the phone of the gods.....Z30
    03-29-14 12:37 PM
    I posted that. The main drain is 'system', at 22%. Then display at 9%. The rest are normal small percentages..
    03-29-14 12:43 PM
    You did a battery pull how exactly? Also, BB10 does not work that way, you can just as easily reboot your device to the same effect. Or even use the volume-key-reboot, if that makes you feel more in control.
    There is no earthly reason to ever pull a battery from a working electronic device unless it has absolutely stopped responding to input.

That said, I have noticed a few times after I reboot my device the battery % changed instantly (like from 50 to 20, and then back to 40). Maybe intermittent charging, or rebooting frequently has some effect on battery calibration?

I should add that I only ever had that some charging problems when I was using an OS installed through an auto-loader. Now that I just run OTA updates it has not happened again.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    03-29-14 12:51 PM
    How exactly? Shut down the phone, pulled the battery for about two minutes, re-installed the battery, powered it back up.

I guess I am used to the BB Tour I had a few years ago, where a battery pull was supposed to be the cure all to everything.
    03-29-14 01:37 PM
    Yeah, on legacy devices you could never completely turn off the power. It always stayed in a certain power-saving sleep mode. And there was not really any memory management within the OS. That is why battery pulls (or the less used keyboard-reset) where used to completely reboot the device.

BB10 does not need that, so if the problem only occurs after battery pulls, just stop doing them.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    03-29-14 01:49 PM
    so if the problem only occurs after battery pulls, just stop doing them.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    First and only time it's ever happened. It's still draining like crazy. Haven't used it and it's dropping 9% per hour.
    03-29-14 04:02 PM
    I do get days where the battery drains like mad, then couple of days later, back to normal,
    Have to admit, coming from several Legacy devices, battery pulls are kinda second nature, I know you can do the same with the reset, but your head knows when the battery is out, its out! ;-)

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 04:23 PM
    Maybe try unistalling the app and reinstalling. It could be stuck trying to sync or update.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 04:32 PM
    First off, don't pull out your battery. You can always restart your device by using the restart option on the top power/lock button or simultaneously press the volume buttons. What you're doing is pretty much like pulling the power cord of a desktop computer without a UPS.

Uninstall BeWeather Pro and see if everything will be back to normal.

Posted via a RFG81UW device
    03-29-14 07:24 PM