Looking for good voice navigation app for BlackBerry q10. Any recommendations?
    10-12-14 09:35 AM
    Google maps. You can load using SNAP. A little frustrating to use because it gives you a periodic reminder that you don't have google play, but it is still my GPS of choice

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 09:52 AM
    I'm using Mireo don't panic. Its a native app for BB10 (it doesn't have classic cascades look). Its paid app, but reliable.

Posted via CB10
    bintheredundat likes this.
    10-12-14 11:04 AM
    I use Navigon, a paid, ported Android app. It's a bit pricey, but it's a real honest to goodness navigation app, similar to a Garmin GPS unit. Tried Miero, if street address search function worked, it would make a good basic navigation app. Until the developer fixes this flaw, I wouldn't recommend it as a standalone nav app. I contacted the developer months ago, but all I ever got from them was promises to fix it... No action tho!

I'm using Mireo don't panic. Its a native app for BB10 (it doesn't have classic cascades look). Its paid app, but reliable.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 12:18 PM
    I use Navigon, a paid, ported Android app. It's a bit pricey, but it's a real honest to goodness navigation app, similar to a Garmin GPS unit. Tried Miero, if street address search function worked, it would make a good basic navigation app. Until the developer fixes this flaw, I wouldn't recommend it as a standalone nav app. I contacted the developer months ago, but all I ever got from them was promises to fix it... No action tho!
    Curious, what's the advantage of these apps over google maps?

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 02:42 PM
    NavFree. Free Satnav, allowing you to download the maps of your choice for an offline viewing based on OpenStreetMaps.Works great
    mushroom_daddy and Vilory like this.
    10-12-14 03:15 PM
    I've used both NavFree (there's a CrackBerry review here) and BlackBerry 10 Maps. Both work well in the UK for voice guided turn-by-turn navigation, and both have their pros and cons. On balance I prefer BB Maps, but that's just my personal preference.
    As indicated by guillaumeb above, NavFree does have the advantage that you can download the maps onto your phone, so less data costs -- but as they are both effectively free, why not try them both and see what works best for you.

10-12-14 03:30 PM
    Curious, what's the advantage of these apps over google maps?

Posted via CB10
    The advantage is simply that they load all the maps onboard your device. Don't need to use any data which is especially beneficial when roaming. I have all of North America loaded on my Q10. It looks ok but bet it would be awesome on something like the Z30 or Passport.
    10-12-14 03:38 PM
    Waze is my first choice then BlackBerry maps.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-12-14 05:50 PM
    I've used Mireo Don't Panic for quite a few trips. Pretty reliable, good options, well built. You might find the tomtom maps a bit expensive, though. You will be able to navigate offline with them.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 09:12 PM
    In regards to the Mireo DON'T PANIC app, the company offers a 7 day free trial offer. So, you could just go ahead and try it. Keep in mind that downloading maps is quite long. It is suggested you download via wifi unless your plan includes plenty of data. Also quite useful is the fact that using the app does not take up any data. No surprise carrier charges by surpassing data limits. It is all that I use (need) as a gps to get around.
    10-12-14 09:34 PM
    BlackBerry Maps locally and Mireo on longer trips. And I agree, Mireo's search functionality needs a good fix.

Posted via CB/Q10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    10-13-14 08:20 AM
    There are a few that I use on my z30 and work well:

Waze (free)
    Copilot from the Amazon store.
    Both offer offline maps and multiple route selection etc. I've not tried them on my z10 as yet though but they ought to work.
    10-13-14 11:03 PM
    I prefer Mireo over anything (buttery smooth, nice layout), but I also use BlackBerry Maps when doing random searches (food, gas, stores, etc).
    10-15-14 12:05 PM
    I trust Waze over Google Maps. Waze works well on my Q10. I installed it from the Google Play Store through Snap. The version that's available on the Amazon App Store seems to be a very old version. I don't like Google Maps that much because it tends to route me through back alleys and small streets.

My saved favorites are automatically replicated to my ios and android devices. I've been using Waze for over 2.5 years now and am in the top 5% in my state so that could also be the reason why I'm partial towards it.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 08:34 PM
    BB Maps, Waze and NavFree are my preferred choice. BB Maps coz it's fast and gives clear voice direction. Waze's traffic updates is very useful. NavFree's offline maps for emergencies when there's no data coverage.

SinSim, posted via CB10 (Q10, 10.2.1.3247)
    10-18-14 08:18 PM