im a long time bold 9700 user (3+ years and i love it!)

But I need to updgrade to a new device.

I like the Blackberry Q10 but I worry about the screen getting screen burn-in, i dont want to get the iphone 5s but i have no choice because the only options for me is the Blackberry Q10 or the iPhone 5s.

Any user's of the Q10 here, how old is your phone and any issue with its screen (screen burn-in) so far?

(This is really gonna help me bigtime on my purchasing decision, I love Blackberry but i dont want to waste money on something that will not last (Possible 3 years use)

APPRECIATE ALL OF YOUR ANSWER!
    02-22-15 05:51 AM
    Hi Mike,

I have had the Q10 for 18 months or so and there is absolutely no screen burn-in.

I don't think the phone is stuck on one particular image long enough for there to be screen burn. I don't think I've ever seen a smartphone with it.
    02-22-15 05:58 AM
    be worried about the double typing issue of q10...

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 07:11 AM
    Both is no problem in new q10 devices!

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 11:22 AM
    As cfoxx said, screen burn is not a problem (nor has any phone I know of ever had it). But there has been an issue with double typing, mainly on older versions of the phone. I personally have had my Q10 over a year now with no issue, even with heavy usage, at least one drop on the ground per week, and several installs of OS leaks. Not sure why it's a problem with older versions of the phone, but the SQN100-5 doesn't seem to get the issue. A change of keyboard seems to do the trick either way.

If you're really set on sticking with BlackBerry and your main use for it is business purposes and communication, I'd say go for it! It's a really great companion, I'm glad I switched back to BlackBerry from Android But if you use various apps and entertainment, save your time and money and go for the iphone, cause you may be disappointed with the Q10.

 Once you go BlackBerry you never go back...Berry 
    02-22-15 12:10 PM
    I have my device now for 4 months. no Screen Burn-in and double typing issues at all.

My previous fone is a Nokia N8 and I still use it as my back up/multimedia fone. I have it now for 4 years. Its Also an AMOLED device. Just recently I noticed that screen burn-in is occurring and you can visibly see the menu/notification options on the screen, Specially when watching videos.

My n8 is pretty old now so I think that explains why., but in case of Q10, I canot tell for now since this is a newer generation AMOLED device.maybe for the next 4 years and unless the phone screen is defective.

But one thing I can assure you., Q10 is an amazing device

Q10 Filipinas
    02-22-15 01:38 PM
    im a long time bold 9700 user (3+ years and i love it!)

But I need to updgrade to a new device.

I like the Blackberry Q10 but I worry about the screen getting screen burn-in, i dont want to get the iphone 5s but i have no choice because the only options for me is the Blackberry Q10 or the iPhone 5s.

Any user's of the Q10 here, how old is your phone and any issue with its screen (screen burn-in) so far?

(This is really gonna help me bigtime on my purchasing decision, I love Blackberry but i dont want to waste money on something that will not last (Possible 3 years use)

APPRECIATE ALL OF YOUR ANSWER!
    Apart from the opinions of those other responders to your question, I can assure you that screen burn in can and does happen to the Q10 screen. My old one has the image of the digital clock burnt into the screen and it does not fade over time. It burnt in over the time frame of a couple of weeks when I first installed it and it is still there to this day.
    02-22-15 04:26 PM
    I've had the Q10 since May 2013. Originally I used to keep the screen brightness to full from May-December when I began to notice screen burn-in.

The burn in began where the original 'textbox' used to be on instant messages, like BBM & text. They have now changed that to black since 10.3 (Guessing because of that issue).

Since December 2013, I have began to use my Q10 on the lowest brightness setting- since then, there has been minimal additional burn in. If I open a white screen I can see things like the battery icon, WiFi icon, etc. Burned in, but nothing else for the most part.

As for double typing, I have also gotten that, but it seems to have fixed itself for the most part so it's not a huge deal.

Would I recommend the phone? For $200 you will NOT be disappointed.

Posted via 10.3.1
    02-22-15 08:23 PM
    Since the Q10 uses a SuperAMOLED display type, it of course suffers from screen burn-in sooner or later - just like every other AMOLED display device.

I bought mine May 2013 and sent it in August 2014 due to a double-typing keyboard. Prior sending it in, I also checked it for screen burn-in and it indeed showed such issues. Barely noticeable in daily use though. BlackBerry exchanged the device completely for a new one, which had a mint screen again.

Compared to my Lumia 1020, which showed rather noticeable burn-in effects after barely half a year of use, the Q10 did rather well. Of course the whole burn-in depends on multiple factors, especially display brightness. If you keep your's up 100% all the time and often use the phone in bright environments, the burn-in will appear sooner. Vice versa keeping brightness low and use it mostly in dimmer environments can prevent burn-in from happening a bit longer.

If you like to completely rule-out that issue, you'd have to look at the Q5, Classic or Passport. They all sport LCD displays which aren't effected.
    Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 03:24 AM
    Hey thanks everyone who posted
    03-11-15 03:48 AM
    I would not worry about screen burn in. just don't leave the clock display on over night every night. I could see that being a problem over time but normal use on my Q10 well over a year it still looks fine.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 06:43 AM
    ...but the SQN100-5 doesn't seem to get the issue. A change of keyboard seems to do the trick either way...
    Not to be contradictory here, but I've had the double typing issue on my SQN100-5...and a replacement of the keyboard was the only thing needed
    03-11-15 11:43 AM
    Have not had problems so far with Q10 double type. Previously got a refurb from AT&T (thank you). So far so good. A great phone. A "burn screen" will exhibit a "ghost image" when the screen is viewed at an angle when off. I saw it at work with CRT's. It was not too much a problem viewing when activated.
    Q10 I always turn image off when finished. There was a "app" mentioned to prohibit "burn in on Amoled Screens." Could not locate it.
    Last edited by bbnrs; 03-11-15 at 03:16 PM.
    03-11-15 12:50 PM
    Non issue.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 03:43 PM