Parking up my Q10 and getting a Samsung S5, hopefully I've made the right decision. At least I've not gone to Crapple.

Only pain in the *** is that my headphone jack stopped working a few weeks back, so that's going to affect the ebay resale value. Apart from that my phone is like brand new as I got a warranty replacement for the crackling earpiece problems.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 02:58 AM
    If you have to leave goodbye, but please: next time, replace your BlackBerry with something more valuable,as an htc.. you'll be disappointed with Samsung cheap quality imho..
    05-23-14 03:01 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=260887

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 03:06 AM
    I'll have 7 days no quibble (apparently) to return it. I'm totally off HTC since a crappy HTC Sensation I had a few years back, I know things have moved on a lot since then.

The thing i'll miss the most is my colour LED notifications. Why don't more manufacturers have them? I

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 03:42 AM

The thing i'll miss the most is my colour LED notifications. Why don't more manufacturers have them? I

Posted via CB10
    Why don't more customers patronise Blackberry?

Z30 - The BlackBerry Experience
    David in Durham likes this.
    05-23-14 03:49 AM
    I'll have 7 days no quibble (apparently) to return it. I'm totally off HTC since a crappy HTC Sensation I had a few years back, I know things have moved on a lot since then.

Posted via CB10
    I was referring to the top quality line : One ;-) Anyway,it is your phone: hope you'll enjoy it! Maybe you will come back next year with BlackBerry new full-touch..
    05-23-14 03:52 AM
    See you soon

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 05:37 AM
    2 days in with q10 I can't blame you.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 07:03 AM
    Sayonara!!
    Hasta la vista baby
    Bon voyage!!

Posted via CB10 with my Q
    05-23-14 07:08 AM
    2 days in with q10 I can't blame you.

Posted via CB10
    You don't even know his reasons for leaving...
    05-23-14 07:09 AM
    Parking up my Q10 and getting a Samsung S5, hopefully I've made the right decision. At least I've not gone to Crapple.

Only pain in the *** is that my headphone jack stopped working a few weeks back, so that's going to affect the ebay resale value. Apart from that my phone is like brand new as I got a warranty replacement for the crackling earpiece problems.

Posted via CB10
    Best of luck to ya! Tempting to ask for the ebay link

Posted via CB from my LE
    05-23-14 07:35 AM
    Wait, this guy says exactly why he's switching. His first Q10 had a cracking earpiece problem, so he had to get a warranty replacement. Now that he has the replacement, the headphone jack of the new Q10 has been busted for a couple of weeks.

BlackBerry usually has good build quality, but he apparently got two lemons in a row and is moving to a top selling all-touch device.

Maybe he'll be attracted back to BlackBerry by an upcoming device like the Q20, Q30, or Z50.

Posted via Z-10 100-3 running10.3.0.296/442 hybrid
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    05-23-14 07:56 AM
    My advice to u would be to hold on to the Q10 first while u try the Samsung. We have had issues with our Samsung TV (replaced), Samsung galaxy Tab (replaced with an Asus MemoPad), Samsung slider phone (replaced with MyTouch and eventually with a Z10 ) and Samsung Galaxy S2 (replaced twice).

All the best.

Sent from my Q10 or Z10.
    05-23-14 08:09 AM
    Mod please close the thread

Posted via CB10
    mh2704 and PantherBlitz like this.
    05-23-14 08:40 AM
    Far too much passion going on in this thread, I was only saying farewell!

I've had my Q10 for just over 12 months, vodaphone called me to see if I wanted an upgrade as my contract had come to an end. I declined and went sim only, they that got the cogs turning and I thought sod it, i'll have a change hence the S5. I only went this route as I like the thought of the Samsung Gear watches (I don't work for Samsung) and there was an offer of an S4 with free watch. Finally decided to go for it and the watches had all gone, so ended up with an S5.

In the past i've had loads of Nokias, BlackBerry Bold 9000, then HTC Sensation (which I didn't get on with and was stuck with for 2 years) and now Q10.
    At the minute there's not another BlackBerry that I fancy and I really don't want to get an iphone and be tied in knots with what I can and can't do.

12 month contract so I may be back again, but will be adding the Crackberry app to the Samsung.

Over the last year I've learned loads from this forum and it's a credit to the team that run it and the folk who contribute.

I've enjoyed my 12 months with the Q10 and apart from the 2 faults I've been very happy with the phone.

Hopefully it'll just be fluff in my hole that's making the earphones go funny.

I don't work for Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 08:44 AM
    Mod please close the thread

Posted via CB10
    Yes! Please!!!

Sent from another device other than my Q10 ,using CB Forums
    05-23-14 08:50 AM
    Far too much passion going on in this thread, I was only saying farewell!

I've had my Q10 for just over 12 months, vodaphone called me to see if I wanted an upgrade as my contract had come to an end. I declined and went sim only, they that got the cogs turning and I thought sod it, i'll have a change hence the S5. I only went this route as I like the thought of the Samsung Gear watches (I don't work for Samsung) and there was an offer of an S4 with free watch. Finally decided to go for it and the watches had all gone, so ended up with an S5.

In the past i've had loads of Nokias, BlackBerry Bold 9000, then HTC Sensation (which I didn't get on with and was stuck with for 2 years) and now Q10.
    At the minute there's not another BlackBerry that I fancy and I really don't want to get an iphone and be tied in knots with what I can and can't do.

12 month contract so I may be back again, but will be adding the Crackberry app to the Samsung.

Over the last year I've learned loads from this forum and it's a credit to the team that run it and the folk who contribute.

I've enjoyed my 12 months with the Q10 and apart from the 2 faults I've been very happy with the phone.

Hopefully it'll just be fluff in my hole that's making the earphones go funny.

I don't work for Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    See, now had you begun your thread with THIS first, things might've been different

1magine and mh2704 like this.
    05-23-14 08:52 AM
    That wasn't so hard now, was it??...lol

05-23-14 08:53 AM
    :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Well, I'm leaving.-images-3-.jpg  
    1magine and rayporsche like this.
    05-23-14 08:57 AM
    There is sticky thread for post like this

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 09:32 AM
    Good luck in the land of Android....
    05-23-14 10:10 AM
    Don't get a Samsung S5. I almost threw it in the garbage and went back to my Q10. Get yourself an HTC One instead. I swear to god you will regret buying the S5. Charging the phone is a pain in the ***. Camera is screwed up as well.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 10:13 AM
    I literally just opened it, battery in and on charge. The back cover so is so flimsy with a tiny rubber seal to keep it 'waterproof'.

Thanks for all the comments, good, bad and ugly.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 10:20 AM
    I never knew Samsung had bad quality. I thought their galaxy and note series were suppose to be good.

I can see the op wanting to try something else. Maybe once BlackBerry releases some other devices he might come back.

People on here don't make BlackBerry users feel welcome let alone someone leaving. But hey man. You're cool with me. Hit me up, as a BlackBerry Black Sheep myself, you're not an outcast to me.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    05-23-14 10:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    oh yea real great choice..................................not bye
    05-23-14 10:33 AM
27 12