After T Mobile "upgraded" their towers to 4 GLTE My Q 10 started losing connection and showing very weak signal or no signal.
    Thinking it may be that they just oversold coverage when they bought Metro PCS and eventually would catch up. Well a year later it's the same or worse so I decided to switch carriers but first needed to unlock from T Mo.
    I called Customer Service and spoke to a very nice lady that took my information and said T Mo would email me with the code. Today I got an an email from T Mo that said "NO UNLOCK CODE FOUND"
    OK thinking something wrong and after checking settings that said Network Subset UNLOCKED and Service Provider UNLOCKED, I went to Cricket and had them try one of their SIM cards. Got a "SIM Card Blocked" message that showed the device is Network Locked. Settings also shows 9 tries remaining on unlock code.
    Next went to T Mo store where the manager checked on his computer status of account and devices and they show UNLOCKED.
    Any Ideas on WTF is going on?
    The only thing I see is that the IMEI on the device is 17 numbers and the store computer was showing only 15?
    10-18-16 04:10 PM
    Any Ideas on WTF is going on?
    T-Mobile is giving you the run around or you're just dealing with idiots or there's something odd going on with your IMEI and the databases they're pulling from. You can inquire until you get somewhere or you can try a third-party unlocking solution to see if they have any better luck.
    10-18-16 11:32 PM
    The only thing I see is that the IMEI on the device is 17 numbers and the store computer was showing only 15?
    The extra two digits denote the software revision, so it won't factor into your issue.
    10-18-16 11:39 PM
    Thanks for the help. I'll keep pressing T Mo to solve this but depending on the cost from 3rd party source I may just see if I can get a newer unlocked Classic.
    I can't wait to get a different carrier but T Mo worked good up to about a year ago.
    10-19-16 08:16 AM
    OK so I tried a Code Unlock place and they also came up with no code. T Mobile wants me to bring in a SIM card from another carrier to see what's going on. Catch 22 (for those old enough to know what that means) to get another SIM card from say Cricket they want me to sign up and spend $10 plus $40 and I suppose even after doing that there is no guarantee T Mo will solve the problem. Then I'm still screwed.
    Question; Will a SIM card from my neighbors Iphone work? He's on Cricket.
    Next step I suppose is to buy a new unlocked CDMA phone (lotta $) which may still end up with bad service and then I'm in the same place I am now except out a lot of money! EFFF me!
    Any help on this will be greatly appreciated, Thanks

Lesson learned; don't believe a seller when they tell you a used phone is unlocked!
    10-21-16 10:10 AM
    Well I finally got T Mobile to send me an unlock code and to my amazement it worked. Their excuse was they thought it was an Iphone? Not sure if that was a valid reason or just a runaround to keep me.
    Anyway I was able to switch to Cricket and at this point very pleased. I am now getting 4g lte almost all of the time (to be truthful I haven't noticed anyplace I don't get it) get good data connection and so far no dropped calls. A huge improvement over T Mobile. As an added benefit I'm saving $20 a month. Very pleased with the switch.
    As a perk for switching Cricket gave me a free Samsung Amp 2 that the salesman swore was a huge improvement over my old Q 10. I just thanked him for the advice, and kept the Samsung but not sure what I'll do with it. All my kids have the Iphone so they don't need it. We'll see, maybe the Grandkids.
    I'm still showing software 10.2.1.2156 should I install a newer version? The phone says that's the latest version when I do a check.
    11-30-16 12:25 PM