Hi everyone.

I'm a fairly new user, came back to BB three weeks ago.

I'm a former user of flagships from both android, windows phone and iOS. Always had the latest & greatest.

I never really became friends with typing on glass, so when I sold my Note 3 and Lumia 930, I thought "Hell, lets go to BB again".

Did a lot of research, and had a chance at buying a used Q10 for a really good price. I thought that that'd be a good idea to see if I could get used to BB10, and if I could, then purchase the passport.

The Q10 came, and three days later I purchased the passport. Oh what bliss. The power in the passport, bigger screen, the touch enabled keyboard and beautiful bright screen suckered me right in. I love the passport, it's just a brilliant, powerful device.

But here's the thing... My passport has been in my drawer for the past week.

I can't explain why, but the underpowered, slower little brother with the not-so-bright screen and four-row keyboard is getting all my love.

I just loooove it! Yes, it's slower. It's not nearly as fluid as my passport. No, it doesn't have even close to comparable battery life. But it's still the one getting all my love.

Consider that I've always gone from flagship to flagship, and realise then that I'm now picking a 2 year old "inferior" device over a flagship, and you can hopefully appreciate why I think this is a bit weird for me

Plans going forward: I'm picking up a battery bundle for the Q10. I'll also be ordering two or three rev. 1 keyboard for it as backup in case they'll ever be needed.

The passport? I don't know. For now it's delegated to backup duty. It may get some more time in my hands once I start working again after the holidays, but for now, the little pocketable beast that is the Q10 is delegated to fulltime work duty

Would I like to see some changes to the Q10? Yeah. I'd LOVE to see a version 2 being the same form factor as it is now, with a more powerful cpu, more ram, bigger battery life and with a touch enabled keyboard like that of the passport. THAT would be my flagship.

One can only dream, right?

Just thought I'd drop by and preach to the choir... The Q10, old as it is, is no slouch!
    08-15-15 04:56 AM
    Glad to see it provides you all that you need! enjoy!
    bbnrs and sweeperdk like this.
    08-15-15 06:52 AM
    I love my Q10 too!! It's not perfect, it does have the double typing issue and the battery life is not nearly as good as my Z30. But the Q10 is my fav!!!! I use the Z30 as a mini tablet. Was going to get the Classic but the Q10 is enough for me right now really. The battery bundle is GREAT!!!

Posted via CB10
    sweeperdk likes this.
    08-15-15 09:08 AM
    Not weird at all. The q10 is a beautifully designed device that fits perfectly in the hand and is small enough to fit in any pocket without hardly feeling it. I don't find it slow or underpowered at all, it seems very snappy to me even 2+ years into it's life. The screen seems just big enough to comfortably view things. The only thing it doesn't do well for me is videos, and that's where my tablet comes in. I am definitely interested in the passport and I have played with one in store and love the added horsepower and screen real estate but I feel like it is an in between device, a cross between a tablet and a phone that just doesn't fit right for day to day use. That's just my personal opinion.

Posted via CB10
    sweeperdk likes this.
    08-15-15 10:30 AM
    Call me crazy too. But i have tried s6, iphone 6, iphone 6+, htc one m8, nexus 5, note 4, z3 compact for the past year. I always keep changing my phone but right now in the past 2 months, i have downgraded to q10, a device that is so old but i think the best communication device.

Watching netflix on those iphones and android is annoying, playing clash of clans too because i keep getting notification of whatsapp from my dad, wife, family that i really have to reply soon.

Now my life is much enjoyable with q10 for communication and ipod 6th for everything. Peace.
    sweeperdk likes this.
    08-15-15 10:59 AM
    I'm the opposite. My Q sits in the drawer and my Passport gets day to day use. Depends on your use case I suppose.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    sweeperdk likes this.
    08-15-15 02:22 PM
    Call me crazy too. But i have tried s6, iphone 6, iphone 6+, htc one m8, nexus 5, note 4, z3 compact for the past year. I always keep changing my phone but right now in the past 2 months, i have downgraded to q10, a device that is so old but i think the best communication device.

Watching netflix on those iphones and android is annoying, playing clash of clans too because i keep getting notification of whatsapp from my dad, wife, family that i really have to reply soon.

Now my life is much enjoyable with q10 for communication and ipod 6th for everything. Peace.
    You know, this is me... Well... At the moment at least. Q10 for communication, iPod 6th for everything else.

The Q10 may as mentioned see periods where the passport is in the lead... But not right now.
    08-15-15 02:27 PM
    Oh, I forgot to mention... The feel of the keys on the passport are nowhere even remotely close to the Q10 keys.

They're just sooo much nicer to type on, especially the spacebar.
    08-15-15 02:32 PM
    I get it. I have been using touchscreen phones since Z10, then iPhone, back to 9900, iPhone 5S, Q10. I am due for an upgrade on AT&T and I should get a Passport, but my Q10 is running perfectly on the new os and I love the keyboard and size. The Q10 is in that sweet spot of functionality and the perfect size.

Posted via CB10
    neoberry99 likes this.
    08-15-15 11:42 PM
    OP, great topic. I have been using BlackBerry for about 15 years and one of the biggest draws for me has always been the size of the devices (Bold/Curve) with a PKB. I bought a Classic after using the Q10 for a few months, and don't get me wrong, the Classic is great; however, I keep getting drawn back to the Q. I'm not a fan of the Q's screen but the size out weighs that and now that it has 10.3.2 with all the little upgrades it came with, I find myself using it more and more.

In fact, I am buying another Q today because they are fairly inexpensive.

Posted via CB10
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    08-16-15 12:06 PM
    That's another thing I love about the q10, easily replaceable parts that are super cheap. I can get a full housing with keyboard for under $20.

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    08-16-15 12:27 PM
    Loving my Q10 as well!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 01:32 PM
    Sweeperdk, I was curios to see if you are still using your Q10 as your primary and if you feel any different about it. I have been using mine 50/50 with my Classic, and since the OS update that cleared up the DT issue, both have been awesome.
    10-03-15 06:45 PM
    This. There is some kind of unexplainable chemistry that just grabs you when you use the Q10. It's beautifully designed, compact and altogether the ideal communications device.

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    bbnrs likes this.
    10-04-15 11:17 AM
    The mighty Q10 is a nice device! when I first got it ,it was to replace my BB9900 eventually which was my favorite device ,but when I gave the all touch Z10 a shot at launch date I've never been able to go back to the smaller screen.I pull the Q out once in a while just up grade the OS play with it a bit, then its back in its box again.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-04-15 12:56 PM
    Would I like to see some changes to the Q10? Yeah. I'd LOVE to see a version 2 being the same form factor as it is now, with a more powerful cpu, more ram, bigger battery life and with a touch enabled keyboard like that of the passport. THAT would be my flagship.
    This is my wet dream as well. I use the combination of OG Passport and a gorgeous white Q10. But if I could get the aforementioned dreamy Q10, I'll ditch my Passport, for sure.

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2789
    10-06-15 02:48 AM
    Whenever I bought new devices, , at the end I go back to my love. The Q10

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 01:38 PM
    Whenever I bought new devices, , at the end I go back to my love. The Q10

Posted via CB10
    It's the keyboard, I believe. They're wickedly irresistible.
    Lol
    10-06-15 02:51 PM
    OP great post !
    Same feelings here : from Passport the beast to tiny Q10. As you mentioned, I am dreaming about an improved Q, but this crazy little thing called Q is my favourite by wide margin.
    The Passport is just a productive behemoth : fast, strong, reliable. But the Q fits so nicely in my hand.
    I may dare to say : Passport is a Movie star you look at on poster. The Q is your beloved one you live with.

From Passport with Love (and sometimes my Q10 with love too)
    10-25-15 04:19 PM
    ...Would I like to see some changes to the Q10? Yeah. I'd LOVE to see a version 2 being the same form factor as it is now, with a more powerful cpu, more ram, bigger battery life and with a touch enabled keyboard like that of the passport. THAT would be my flagship.

One can only dream, right?

Just thought I'd drop by and preach to the choir... The Q10, old as it is, is no slouch!
    Yeah, I would also like to see Q 10 with such specs you mentioned. I'm planning to buy Passport in the future because of those specs. Still waiting for much more affordable price when it gets lower. Who knows, when Priv is selling out, PP's price would get way lower.

But when it's time for me to get PP, but at the same time BB launches the new versiom of Q 10 with similar specs as PP (excluding the screen size of course), I would probably get confused lol

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 05:52 PM
    Yeah, I would also like to see Q 10 with such specs you mentioned. I'm planning to buy Passport in the future because of those specs. Still waiting for much more affordable price when it gets lower. Who knows, when Priv is selling out, PP's price would get way lower.

But when it's time for me to get PP, but at the same time BB launches the new versiom of Q 10 with similar specs as PP (excluding the screen size of course), I would probably get confused lol

Posted via CB10
    Make sure to get the SE if you're rooting for the keyboard, but OG has the much better built and will likely last longer.
    11-10-15 03:09 AM
    Make sure to get the SE if you're rooting for the keyboard, but OG has the much better built and will likely last longer.
    I will surely chech those before deciding which to buy. Everybody seems to favor the SE, though.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 08:23 AM
    I will surely chech those before deciding which to buy. Everybody seems to favor the SE, though.

Posted via CB10
    For me it's because the SE has a wee bit longer jaw and the keyboard is much softer (almost to the point of mush) than the stiff keys of the OG. That helps tremendously for long hours of typing--which is exactly what I need, as a translator and writer. I have been owning the OG for almost a year now and only then (after constant use of typing) I can feel the keys are getting softer--if only a little. I can see it's growing to be as soft as the SE, but it'll surely take some time.

Aside from that, the built of the SE is rather plastic-y as oppose to the solid and robust built and materials of the OG. And the assembling of the body components are also...if you look closely, not as tight as the OG. I don't know, but it's like the belt on the Classic is way different than that of the 9900, wherein on the Classic you could see light bleeds upon clicking the buttons on the belt, while none of such are apparent on the 9900. Which makes the Classic feels and and looks kinda frail by comparison. IMHO yo.
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 11-10-15 at 11:39 AM.
    11-10-15 09:19 AM
    I had both OG Passport and SE Passport, and i don't see where the build quality of the SE is not as good as the OG.
    The only change I see is how different materials have an impact on the way you perceive the phone. The SE may seem more fragile because of the stainless steel compare to the material on the OG, but for me, both phones are really well made and solid.
    11-10-15 10:34 AM