Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I was thinking about this today over coffee! For a product to survive there has to be a fan base or user base! Without this group it will kill the supply and demand of the product! So then for us long time BlackBerry users that over the years have spent hundreds of dollars on BlackBerry devices, are we not also considered shareholders as well by definition!? After all its us that supports the company financially by spending our hard earned cash on BlackBerry devices!?

Posted Via CB10/SQN100-3 luvn leak 10.2.1.1055
    11-28-13 06:26 AM
    Im with you on that! Make it so!

Posted via Blackberry Q10
    11-28-13 06:30 AM
    If you haven't bought any shares; then no, you are not a share holder.

Spending your hard earned cash and receiving a product does not make anyone a share holder of any company. You bought and paid for a product which you received, you did not buy and pay for shares.
    21stNow likes this.
    11-28-13 09:12 PM
    That's comical.
    I was thinking about this today over coffee! For a product to survive there has to be a fan base or user base! Without this group it will kill the supply and demand of the product! So then for us long time BlackBerry users that over the years have spent hundreds of dollars on BlackBerry devices, are we not also considered shareholders as well by definition!? After all its us that supports the company financially by spending our hard earned cash on BlackBerry devices!?

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 09:14 PM

I see where you're coming from. Having spent an enormous amount of money over the years, you think we should also be considered shareholders, but unless BlackBerry -
    1) Starts a loyalty share program
    2) Traces all your purchases
    3) Assigns you some shares based on your spending (adjusted for inflation and all that),

we gots nothing

LP&HG
    11-28-13 09:30 PM
    In a related story...thanks to all the milk you have bought, you now own a cow in Alabama.

Posted via CB10
    FrankIAm and Danny Ocean like this.
    11-28-13 09:34 PM
    hahaha great thread

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 09:55 PM
    No, we are not shareholders just a merely consumers of blackberry products. Wonder if they have loyalty programs?

Posted via the Amazing Q10 10.2.0.415
    11-28-13 10:35 PM

I'm really just creating a bit of haha with this but it would be nice in an alternate reality whereas customers were also shareholders globally. That would propel BlackBerry to sky's the limit!? Over the entire timeline of blackberry devices launched from day 1, I think as we are the frontline users of the product, our say perhaps would have pointed the company in different and maybe to a better position in this harsh hardware business!

Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 11-29-13 at 09:34 AM.
    11-29-13 03:49 AM
    I'm really just creating a bit of haha with this but it would be nice ey in aan alternate reality whereas customers were also shareholders globally. That would propel BlackBerry to. Sky's the limit!?

Great enthusiasm. Ridiculous thought, but gotta love your BlackBerry love!

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 08:08 AM
    I don't really do anything with stock trading whatsoever, but I bought some shares of RIMM (now BBRY obviously) just to have some. Every once in a while I'll spend $20 on a couple more. Why? Because I'm a fool and really love the company.

Posted via CB10
    waterfrontmgmt likes this.
    11-29-13 08:24 AM
    If that was the case, I'd be a shareholder in many companies right now...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    11-29-13 10:29 AM
    If you haven't bought any shares; then no, you are not a share holder.

Spending your hard earned cash and receiving a product does not make anyone a share holder of any company. You bought and paid for a product which you received, you did not buy and pay for shares.
    Whilst this is not the case with BlackBerry it is not true to say 'of any company' this used to be exactly the case in the uk with the Coop (might still be for all I know). Anyone remember dividend stamps?
    This business model is pretty alien to North America, apparently popular in Japan? The more u buy the more dividend you are entitled to. Its not a pyramid selling thing. The system is proven for food retailers and credit unions, would be feasible for a network provider but unlikely to ever happen. Can't ever see tech company software or hardware going down this route.
    Last edited by gg bb; 11-29-13 at 01:22 PM.
    11-29-13 12:36 PM
    Just buying the products does not make you a shareholder. However, you would be a stakeholder due to your interest in the company.
    11-29-13 12:41 PM
    Just buying the products does not make you a shareholder. However, you would be a stakeholder due to your interest in the company.
    Exactly TY for the better explanation.

11-30-13 11:29 AM
    Nope. That's what's wrong with everything nowadays. That's the same as telling RIM "you didn't build that". I prefer BlackBerry to other brands, but do not feel entitled to anything outside of buying their products. I vote with my dollars. If I do not like something I don't buy it. RIM has frustrated me with their management, but I don't have a billion dollars to do something about it.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 01:01 PM
    May be if Victor Kiam were still alive he'd by the company. Or Remington Rand?
    11-30-13 02:05 PM