I have way too many contacts that came out of nowhere. Like Christine Amampour from CNN...I know her thru TV, why does she show up as a Contact w a LinkedIn icon?

Ok, so anyway, I spent hours deleting all these people, not that I don't want to be a contact of this reporter per se, and then I check back a few hours later, and she's back, along with many contacts which I deleted.

Wtf is wrong with this Blackberry company? This crap never used to happen? No wonder they are going out of business, defatcto or otherwise.

It's one thing to be a dinosaur with a bad device and bad software, to not have direct access to all those great apps that are always popping up, from being able to order and have a drink delivered to my seat at a game to such a popular app like Uber, but it's a whole other thing to not have basic Blackberry functionality, of which Contact Management is central.

How do I get rid of these contacts?

I am on 10.2.1.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 07:23 PM
    Try to delete ur twitter and LinkedIn account from ur Hub.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 07:29 PM
    I have way too many contacts that came out of nowhere. Like Christine Amampour from CNN...I know her thru TV, why does she show up as a Contact w a LinkedIn icon?

Ok, so anyway, I spent hours deleting all these people, not that I don't want to be a contact of this reporter per se, and then I check back a few hours later, and she's back, along with many contacts which I deleted.

Wtf is wrong with this Blackberry company? This crap never used to happen? No wonder they are going out of business, defatcto or otherwise.

It's one thing to be a dinosaur with a bad device and bad software, to not have direct access to all those great apps that are always popping up, from being able to order and have a drink delivered to my seat at a game to such a popular app like Uber, but it's a whole other thing to not have basic Blackberry functionality, of which Contact Management is central.

How do I get rid of these contacts?

I am on 10.2.1.

Posted via CB10
    Turn off the contacts you don't want in the Hub or the Account Settings.
    08-23-14 07:39 PM
    Turn off the contacts you don't want in the Hub or the Account Settings.
    Well, both those suggestions are theoretically helpful, but neither tell me how to do them.

I don't have LinkedIn listed on my Hub. I do have the app and use the app and want to use the app, nor do I have any idea how to turn off the contacts I don't want.
    08-23-14 07:44 PM
    Open the contacts app, swipe down from the top for settings,scroll down till you see "show accounts in contact list" and turn off what you want.

I turn off everything.

Let me know if that helps.

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    08-23-14 08:01 PM
    Open the contacts app, swipe down from the top for settings,scroll down till you see "show accounts in contact list" and turn off what you want.

I turn off everything.

Let me know if that helps.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you. Makes sense and I just did that. I think that's the solution, although I didn't have LinkedIn activated in the Hub.

Why Blackberry can't make it seemless to migrate from one Q10 to the next, let alone from a legacy device to these devices, shows they just don't give a crap and aren't into rudimentary customer satisfaction, let alone customer Wow.

Apple would never do this.

But, thank you, I hope that's works.
    08-23-14 09:14 PM
    BB10 had some severe contact issues on early versions. It wasn't until the mid-10.2's that it started to get sorted out. My original Q10 running BB10.1 had disappearing contacts, phantom linking of unrelated contacts, and duplicate/triplicate contacts. My solution was to wipe and set up the Q10 like a new device, allowing only a single cloud-based contact list.
    08-23-14 11:58 PM
    BB10 had some severe contact issues on early versions. It wasn't until the mid-10.2's that it started to get sorted out. My original Q10 running BB10.1 had disappearing contacts, phantom linking of unrelated contacts, and duplicate/triplicate contacts. My solution was to wipe and set up the Q10 like a new device, allowing only a single cloud-based contact list.
    I've lost thousands of contacts. No recovery. No excuse for that. Unbelievable that going from one Blackberry device to another with the same company would result in this. Especially with a company that was so good at contact management and migration from one generation of devices to the next. There is a significant liability here.
    08-24-14 12:56 AM
    I think the liability lies in not properly backing up your device so you could revert if there was an issue. I have not had any lost contracts.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 03:26 PM
    I think the liability lies in not properly backing up your device so you could revert if there was an issue. I have not had any lost contracts.

Posted via CB10
    The liability lies with defective and ineffective software. Back up and restore is not a complex thing to do. Push back up. Push restore. There's also a transfer to a new device function in Blackberry Link which does the same thing.

There's also transfer your device. Most contacts were lost between backing up and restoring from BB7 to BB10.

This contact's gone wild thing is a function of the inability of the transfer process to retain the previous settings. I didn't have all these LinkedIn and Facebook contacts in my previous settings.

Simple stuff. Stupid, customer-defocused programming.
    08-24-14 03:35 PM
    Apple and Google both have their problems with contact/apps and device

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 03:42 PM
    Apple and Google both have their problems with contact/apps and device

Posted via CB10
    Maybe. Don't know. Blackberry never did. Upgrading from one device to the next was an efficient and effective experience. Until they made a wild scramble and enveloped such ineffective software in a bet the company gambit, and basically went backwards. Such a shame. But thanks for helping w the settings to hopefully six this current issue.
    08-24-14 03:47 PM
    Oops, as I was saying:

...device migration. Apple in particular is a slow,error prone, fragile, counterintuitive shambles - I'd never trust iTunes to do anything properly, and that's with solid experience of an Apple only hardware and software stack, not iTunes on another platform.

Google / Android fares slightly better on the app front but contact management and backup remains unimpressive.

The grass is not greener.

It's clear that these contacts didn't just appear for no reason - you installed something or upgraded / transferred from one device to another, but you've given very little information to go on.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 03:49 PM
    Oops, as I was saying:

...device migration. Apple in particular is a slow,error prone, fragile, counterintuitive shambles - I'd never trust iTunes to do anything properly, and that's with solid experience of an Apple only hardware and software stack, not iTunes on another platform.

Google / Android fares slightly better on the app front but contact management and backup remains unimpressive.

The grass is not greener.

It's clear that these contacts didn't just appear for no reason - you installed something or upgraded / transferred from one device to another, but you've given very little information to go on.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. I have a legacy complaint where I lost thousands of contacts upgrading from a Blackberry Bold 9900 to Q10. That along with so many malfunctions of the Q10 software leaves a bitter taste.

Here I was migrating from yet another defective Q10 to a warranty replacement Q10.
    08-24-14 03:54 PM
    A bit of your heart-attack inducing frustration comes across - I've certainly been ready to hurl every device I've ever owned out of the window at one point or another, so you aren't suffering alone.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 04:03 PM
    I finally just wiped mine.

I realized that the multiple entries were local entries from my 9810 migration.

Finally only linked one cloud source contact list and restored certain things from the 9810. At least restoring from a legacy BBOS we get to choose which stuff to import.

In my case it was wifi settings, wallet and call history.

Afterwards I linked other accounts.

Now I need to know why only 95 of +500 LinkedIn contacts show up.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 12:38 PM