So today was an interesting day... We finished loading in the show around 4 and I have some time to kill. I see theres a rogers store across the street so I'm thinking I can pick up a spare z10 battery bundle. Also it was perdiem day. I head into the production office and colect my cash money. I then walk into the Rogers store to purchase the battery pack.. Oh yea they have the Q10. I walk over and play with the Q10. Very nice device, "I now want it... I ask the lady working if they took American dollars, (we get perdiem in US dollars) they do not.. #FAIL I was definitely about to purchase one full price today.. I will have one at some point before I cross back into the territory of the United States.. That phone is amazing and I miss my keyboard...
    05-06-13 05:40 PM
    So it's a fail to not accept foreign currency?

No one in the US accepts CAD, not even small coins. We accept all US coins and many places will take USD.

Posted on my Q10
    Trunkton likes this.
    05-06-13 06:01 PM
    This is just stupid. You could have gone to any bank which I'm sure there were a few around and converted to Canadian. This is a fail on your part.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 06:14 PM

No one in the US accepts CAD, not even small coins. We accept all US coins and many places will take USD.

Posted on my Q10
    Canadian money is Monopoly money.

Just kidding.
    05-06-13 06:22 PM
    Aw that stinks

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    05-06-13 06:23 PM

Posted on my Q10
    No dummy. The fail was not getting the phone. Wow are u kidding me? Grow up
    05-06-13 07:53 PM
    This is just stupid. You could have gone to any bank which I'm sure there were a few around and converted to Canadian. This is a fail on your part.

Posted via CB10
    Yea i guess the part where i said i was working and was only able to go because it was across the street and ummm assuming ur not from Brandon, MB because youd know there aint much round here and definitely not a currency exchange place. But yea guess u too completely missed the purpose of this post.... the Q10 is amazing. And once again u have only outsmarted yourself.
    05-06-13 07:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    Couldn't agree more.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 08:03 PM
    Also to note here, I wish people would think a little before creating a thread title that looks like the Q10 failed your expectations. Instead, we have the waste of time to read "oh you're post has nothing Really to do with the title" just that you have yourself to blame for something you want.

Anyway. Just a penny for your thoughts before creating titles that make no sense to the actual issue.

Posted via CB10
    stevepar likes this.
    05-06-13 08:05 PM
    Dude, crazy. Why would they accept US? They don't accept Mexican pesos in the US neither... ;-)

Posted via Q10
    05-06-13 08:20 PM
    When did everyone start being so nasty here? This used to be one of the friendliest forums around but lately anything anyone says is responded to with such nastiness!

Posted via CBQ10
    05-06-13 08:42 PM
    When did everyone start being so nasty here? This used to be one of the friendliest forums around but lately anything anyone says is responded to with such nastiness!

Posted via CBQ10
    What are you meaning? Everyone "mostly" is happy to help. It's just threads like this that are idiotic.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 08:47 PM
    F.U.K.C all yall uptight folks on here you woulda thought I held a gun to your head and made u read. I wanted to impulse buy a phone and since all I had was an hour and American money I took a shot and it didn't work. I'm not dogging Rogers, Canada, or Blackberry. Just thought I'd share my excitement for the Q10 since today was the first day I saw it in person and held it. Hope you guys have more of a life than u show on here. I travel around the world every year in different cultures all the time I know how to exchange money idiots. Don't like a post don't read it
    05-06-13 09:37 PM
    F.U.K.C all yall uptight folks on here you woulda thought I held a gun to your head and made u read. I wanted to impulse buy a phone and since all I had was an hour and American money I took a shot and it didn't work. I'm not dogging Rogers, Canada, or Blackberry. Just thought I'd share my excitement for the Q10 since today was the first day I saw it in person and held it. Hope you guys have more of a life than u show on here. I travel around the world every year in different cultures all the time I know how to exchange money idiots. Don't like a post don't read it
    Annnnnnnnnnd, there it is.

Some people just want to see the world burn; don't give them the pleasure of snapping like that. I had a bit of a run-in with some pleasant folks who were touchy about their thread titles and I felt the same way you do now. Just laugh it off and don't worry about it. Your title is fine.

I feel you on the excitement! I can't wait to play with the Q10 here in the states. Maybe if that awful looking THING from the 1980's R-10 comes soon, I can own a BB10 device. (On Sprint. No Z10. Q10 will be too expensive for me.)
    05-06-13 09:51 PM
    Don't worry about it OP.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    05-07-13 12:37 AM
    ahh sucks OP its okay next time. Posted via my desktop while I stare at the q10 to my left
    FrancoisChevel likes this.
    05-07-13 12:46 AM
    So today was an interesting day... We finished loading in the show around 4 and I have some time to kill. I see theres a rogers store across the street so I'm thinking I can pick up a spare z10 battery bundle. Also it was perdiem day. I head into the production office and colect my cash money. I then walk into the Rogers store to purchase the battery pack.. Oh yea they have the Q10. I walk over and play with the Q10. Very nice device, "I now want it... I ask the lady working if they took American dollars, (we get perdiem in US dollars) they do not.. #FAIL I was definitely about to purchase one full price today.. I will have one at some point before I cross back into the territory of the United States.. That phone is amazing and I miss my keyboard...
    Sorry to hear that. And also for the first month. No carrier store will sell the phone out right. I've tried lol

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 02:29 AM
    I bought mine outright on Rogers.

Posted on my Q10
    05-07-13 10:39 AM
    I then walk into the Rogers store to purchase the battery pack.. Oh yea they have the Q10. I walk over and play with the Q10. Very nice device, "I now want it... .
    Not to get the post back on subject but, you probably want to either get a Rogers USA version or one from another Carrier. Rogers is selling the SQN100-3 in most areas that have or may have the 2600 band LTE. This is not compatible on the US LTE networks. For frequent US travelers or customers in areas that do not have 2600 LTE, they are offering a different model, the SQN100-1.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    05-07-13 11:50 AM
    Also to note here, I wish people would think a little before creating a thread title that looks like the Q10 failed your expectations. Instead, we have the waste of time to read "oh you're post has nothing Really to do with the title" just that you have yourself to blame for something you want.

Anyway. Just a penny for your thoughts before creating titles that make no sense to the actual issue.

Posted via CB10
    Just to clarify, the thread title is "wasn't able to get my Q10".

Unless that changed at some point and I missed it, if so my apologies.

Either way sorry to see the OP didn't get to drop a ton of money on some new tech, better luck to you on your next attempt. And I hope you find a store that has the device you need and will sell off contract. I have read multiple stories of carriers not selling off contract (even to current customers), then again I have read multiple stories of devices sold off contract as well.
    05-07-13 11:54 AM
    Just to clarify, the thread title is "wasn't able to get my Q10".

Unless that changed at some point and I missed it, if so my apologies.

Either way sorry to see the OP didn't get to drop a ton of money on some new tech, better luck to you on your next attempt. And I hope you find a store that has the device you need and will sell off contract. I have read multiple stories of carriers not selling off contract (even to current customers), then again I have read multiple stories of devices sold off contract as well.

It did.... but makes a heck of allot more sense now All good.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    05-07-13 12:35 PM
    Hahahahahaha, sorry to here that. You'll get it I'm sure, minor obstacle.
    05-07-13 01:14 PM