Quick Question: Do I need to change my data plan to a "Blackberry Data Plan" since I have an iPhone?

I remember that it used to matter, not sure if it will anymore?
    07-07-14 01:15 PM
    Quick Question: Do I need to change my data plan to a "Blackberry Data Plan" since I have an iPhone?

Nope, not necessary anymore.

Posted via CB10
    Evan_Cooper likes this.
    07-07-14 04:08 PM
    I did the iPhone to BlackBerry Q10 switch. Best decision for me. I absolutely hated typing on the iPhone. It is a pleasure to respond to emails and texts again.

Posted via CB10
    anischab likes this.
    07-08-14 10:36 AM

No but you'll need to turn off iMessage. Or expect to get f'ed by Apple.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    07-08-14 01:31 PM
    No but you'll need to turn off iMessage. Or expect to get f'ed by Apple.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    How do you turn off iMessage ? I've always thought it was nothing more than texting between two iphone users (indicated by the thread messages showing up blue instead of green) lol but now I'm thinking I'm missing something.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    07-08-14 02:29 PM
    How do you turn off iMessage ? I've always thought it was nothing more than texting between two iphone users (indicated by the thread messages showing up blue instead of green) lol but now I'm thinking I'm missing something.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    If you aren't switching to another phone it doesn't matter. But if you are you would go to settings > messages > switch off imessage.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    riss89 likes this.
    07-08-14 02:44 PM
    Update: I just bought a brand new Q10 off of Swappa for $200. I thought it was a pretty decent deal. Unfortunately, the sender can't send the phone until next week but I'm fine with that. I'm excited to have a qwerty keyboard back.

I'll let you all know how I end up liking it. Any good tips for when I first open it up?
    07-15-14 06:03 PM
    Update: I just bought a brand new Q10 off of Swappa for $200. I thought it was a pretty decent deal. Unfortunately, the sender can't send the phone until next week but I'm fine with that. I'm excited to have a qwerty keyboard back.

I'll let you all know how I end up liking it. Any good tips for when I first open it up?
    Awesome choice!

I would recommend letting it charge and update right out of the bix. Download snap and the amazon app store, as well as any other apps you need off of bb world. Setup all of your email accounts and/or social media accounts with the hub. Lastly I would put a password on it just to be safe.

And of course I would just mess around with it for a while to get a feel for the phone and os, especially since it's a Q10 and not a full touch device.

Let us know how it goes!

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 06:23 PM
    Thanks for all the quick and insightful replies, everyone.

Has anyone else ditched the iPhone and gone back to a Blackberry? I found it hard to only because of the iPod and Apps.
    I'm also currently in the same boat, only I have had a q10 and a z30 before. The passport has me interested again but since it's not out yet I have my eyes set on a white q10 for the time being. I think I will be purchasing a 64 5th gen touch to hold all my music and for my nike+ app. Still not 100% on it yet
    07-15-14 06:33 PM

I did just that yesterday. Used one though. Loving the physical kb again and not too fussed about the smaller screen. Came from a Z30.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 06:36 PM
    Awesome, thanks for the tips. How long does the device usually take to charge?

Also, what last the battery life of the Q10 with moderate - high use during the day?
    07-16-14 01:56 PM
    Awesome, thanks for the tips. How long does the device usually take to charge?

Also, what last the battery life of the Q10 with moderate - high use during the day?
    Charges from about 20% to full in 2 hours...
    Here's my graph of today... (attached screenshot)
    I charged it in the morning to full for from about 9h30 to 11h then had a moderate use. It is 21h and I have 55% left. With that use, there are 12h remaining... My device lasts the so proud 24h... but only on moderate use. By heavy use, about 19h. When gaming, surfing, phone calling non stop, about 8-10h (I have a spare battery to swap in that case, so I am not obliged to plug in)

Wanting to come back to Team Blackberry-img_20140716_210655.png

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    Evan_Cooper likes this.
    07-16-14 02:08 PM
    My phone should be here in less than two days, my main issue right now is turning iMessage off.

When I switched to the Z10 last summer, it was easy to turn iMessage off on my iPhone 5 and receive them on the Blackberry. When iOS 7 came around, it became extremely difficult. In November, my iPhone was destroyed and had to use my Z10 for the time being. Sine I wasn't able to turn iMessage off, I couldn't receive ANY texts from my (98%) friends that use iPhones.

My issue now is, I can't even receive texts on my iPhone after turning iMessage off.

1. Logged out of iMessage on MacBook (even unchecked receive at xxx-xxx-xxxx)
    2. Disabled iMessage on iPhone 5
    3. Disabled Find My iPhone

Still not receiving any SMS from friends with iPhones. I also texted an Apple number saying "STOP" to disable iMessage.

Any suggestions from those that have switched before?
    07-22-14 01:05 PM
    Grats on your soon-to-arrive Q10!

I don't know if this was posted in the thread, but I would read, and learn, the keyboard shortcuts!

The full list of BlackBerry Q10 keyboard shortcuts | CrackBerry.com

It really makes this phone more awesome than it already is -- if that's even possible!
    07-22-14 05:22 PM
    My phone should be here in less than two days, my main issue right now is turning iMessage off.

When I switched to the Z10 last summer, it was easy to turn iMessage off on my iPhone 5 and receive them on the Blackberry. When iOS 7 came around, it became extremely difficult. In November, my iPhone was destroyed and had to use my Z10 for the time being. Sine I wasn't able to turn iMessage off, I couldn't receive ANY texts from my (98%) friends that use iPhones.

My issue now is, I can't even receive texts on my iPhone after turning iMessage off.

1. Logged out of iMessage on MacBook (even unchecked receive at xxx-xxx-xxxx)
    2. Disabled iMessage on iPhone 5
    3. Disabled Find My iPhone

Still not receiving any SMS from friends with iPhones. I also texted an Apple number saying "STOP" to disable iMessage.

Any suggestions from those that have switched before?
    Try this link:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ts5185

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 05:27 PM
    Thanks for the help. I ended up having to call Apple and have them completely wipe my number from the iMessage server. Hopefully I won't have any issues.

I'm currently typing on my Q10 right now and man, does it feel good to be back... Really enjoying the phone so far. I find the Android apps to be a bit laggy, but I've only downloaded Instagram and Shazam. (Preferring iGrann over regular instagram though.)

If anyone has any suggestions for apps please post a few here.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 03:24 PM
    Thanks for the help. I ended up having to call Apple and have them completely wipe my number from the iMessage server. Hopefully I won't have any issues.

I'm currently typing on my Q10 right now and man, does it feel good to be back... Really enjoying the phone so far. I find the Android apps to be a bit laggy, but I've only downloaded Instagram and Shazam. (Preferring iGrann over regular instagram though.)

If anyone has any suggestions for apps please post a few here.

Posted via CB10
    This isn't an app but I thought this thread was amazing. There is a few suggestions in there that will allow you to do many things without ever opening an app yourself.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=944032

Posted via CB10 on the Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    07-23-14 03:33 PM
42 12