I've always loved Blackberry for their keyboard and email client, but have grown to love my iPhone mainly for the iPod feature and their app selection. I had a Z10 last summer and just wasn't very impressed by it and was bummed with their lack of app selection. I find myself missing my 9900 and 8800 because of the keyboard feature.

I recently head about the news of the Amazon App Store and Blackberry teaming up, so I am considering getting the Q10 (very excited for the Classic in November.)

I guess my main question is, will all of the apps that the Amazon App Store have work seamlessly with the Q10? I researched and found out that Instagram is coming to Amazon in the near future and that was the biggest app I was missing on the Z10, and when they do get that app, will it work just as well?

Thanks for your time.
    07-01-14 04:01 PM
    You can get android apps.. I'm just not sure if they scale to fit the screen properly on the Q10 which is why I haven't traded my z10 for a Q10.

Posted via CB10 on the Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    07-01-14 04:12 PM
    There is also a native Instagram client in blackberry world called Igrann it's smoother than the android version
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-01-14 04:12 PM
    10.2.1 wasn't out last summer. So you should definitely take a 2nd look at either Z10 or Q10. Maybe even Z30. Or passport in September.
    And yea igrann is a native Instagram client

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    07-01-14 04:45 PM
    There is also a native Instagram client in blackberry world called Igrann it's smoother than the android version
    Not true. The android instagram is extremely smooth. Igrann is good but nowhere to the level of instagram

Posted via CB10 on the Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    clipskid likes this.
    07-01-14 05:00 PM
    I use my Q10 to turn on the hotspot for my iPod Touch if I need those apps, that way I don't have to risk uploading glitchy Android apps on my phone.
    Yes, I am a purist.
    tollonodre and cgallaer like this.
    07-01-14 06:24 PM
    Misleading title :: Thought u were an ex employee joining BlackBerry again!
    bbnrs likes this.
    07-01-14 06:31 PM
    Thanks for all the quick and insightful replies, everyone.

Has anyone else ditched the iPhone and gone back to a Blackberry? I found it hard to only because of the iPod and Apps.
    07-01-14 06:34 PM

Has anyone else ditched the iPhone and gone back to a Blackberry? I found it hard to only because of the iPod and Apps.
    I'm currently considering this very same thing, switching from an iphone to a Blackberry and honestly with ios8 coming out it's given more to take into consideration. I've always loved qwerty phones and have had two Blackberry phones in the past, never a BB10 device but I've heard so much gripe and strife about the lack of apps and media offerings for Blackberry. I just hope that the Blackberry ecosystem continues to grow and strengthen
    07-01-14 10:27 PM
    You are incorrect, likely as a result if ignorance of the cultural reference "Team BlackBerry". Team BlackBerry GENERALLY refers to the fans, users, promoters, etc. As the phrase "Team " refers to those individuals who are "on the team" and feel like they contribute. Frequently seen on Twitter as # TeamBlackBerry , etc for others. Try a Twitter search for further instruction.

It is my responsibility to provide the knowledge, it is your choice whether you learn.

Class dismissed.

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    bbnrs and Evan_Cooper like this.
    07-01-14 11:44 PM
    Get a Q10, it's awesome and has the best physical keyboard to date.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 02:30 AM
    98%of the android apps work! You don't need amazon, you can.jist Google the apple you want and download it directly as BlackBerry 10 now supports android apps!
    There is an app in the BlackBerry World for instagram called Igrann which is instagram optimised for BlackBerry 10! It's awesome!

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 04:02 AM
    I switched from an iPhone to Blackberry. Best decision I've made

Posted by the Q10
    riss89 and rayporsche like this.
    07-02-14 10:09 AM
    Also, many people may not be aware of this, but the Amazon app store works now, and has for some time already. Although it isn't officially included with the phones, as long as you are running the latest BB10 OS, you can download and install the Amazon App Store from your phone's web browser, and download android apps to your heart's content.
    07-02-14 10:14 AM
    I've always loved Blackberry for their keyboard and email client, but have grown to love my iPhone mainly for the iPod feature and their app selection. I had a Z10 last summer and just wasn't very impressed by it and was bummed with their lack of app selection. I find myself missing my 9900 and 8800 because of the keyboard feature.

I recently head about the news of the Amazon App Store and Blackberry teaming up, so I am considering getting the Q10 (very excited for the Classic in November.)

I guess my main question is, will all of the apps that the Amazon App Store have work seamlessly with the Q10? I researched and found out that Instagram is coming to Amazon in the near future and that was the biggest app I was missing on the Z10, and when they do get that app, will it work just as well?

Thanks for your time.
    I'm in the same boat as you are. I have both the Q and the iphone 5. Going back and fourth between the two. I truely find the iphone as boring.

As far as the app selection, the apps I use are available for both devices, but I like how the iphone syncs with my iPad. I also have set up my Apple "me" account on my Q and my calendar syncs to my BlackBerry.

I too have an upgrade available and waiting on the iphone 6 to be released. If it's the same as the iphone 5, maybe a larger screen I will not upgrade, I'm more concerned about the OS 8 Apple will implement to make my decision.

I wasn't interested in the Passport until I was reading about the device. It looks like a winner if what I was reading is true. My main concerns in a phone are battery life, a few selected apps I use on a daily basis, and I really get used to the BlackBerry not syncing with my iPad.

I guess within the next few months will tell.

One app I use and need that does not work with my BlackBerry is HP All In One printing app. I scan a lot of documents and I find using the scanner app too "cheesy". My BlackBerry just doesn't recognize it on Wifi. Yes I can print, but not scan. I've tried everything but no luck. This too can be a deal breaker.
    Yes, it works flawlessly with my iPad, but I wish it would be nice to have it work with my BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 11:05 AM
    I really think I'm going to buy a Q10 off of eBay in the next few weeks.

Anyone have any advice on how to look for a good phone to buy off of eBay?

Thanks.
    07-03-14 09:43 PM
    I've bought and sold many phones on Swappa.com. You can find good phones on there from reputable sellers.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    bberry1995 and rayporsche like this.
    07-03-14 10:54 PM
    Best site to buy and sell on, and without the big fees for sellers like ebay, you can pick up a device about 10 percent cheaper on swappa.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 11:12 PM
    Cornhusker - you mentioned the need to do a lot of document scans. I'm not sure of your document types / quality you need, but two options. Straight up portable scanner for best quality, if you don't mind another device.
    Second, I use the BB10 app PaperPusherScanner to scan documents when on the road, frequently they are product delivery / equipment rental / etc docs in my business. uses the camera, enhances for color/ text/ grayscale. Immediate availability to share feature with automatic PDF conversion, EZ renaming feature. Super awesome native app.

I scan, enhance, rename and send to my main office in another state immediately from the road as I'm leaving a clients property. Takes all of 60-90 seconds.

anischab likes this.
    07-03-14 11:17 PM
    Cornhusker - you mentioned the need to do a lot of document scans. I'm not sure of your document types / quality you need, but two options. Straight up portable scanner for best quality, if you don't mind another device.
    Second, I use the BB10 app PaperPusherScanner to scan documents when on the road, frequently they are product delivery / equipment rental / etc docs in my business. uses the camera, enhances for color/ text/ grayscale. Immediate availability to share feature with automatic PDF conversion, EZ renaming feature. Super awesome native app.

I scan, enhance, rename and send to my main office in another state immediately from the road as I'm leaving a clients property. Takes all of 60-90 seconds.

Thanks for the suggestion. I downloaded the app and it works good. Not as good as my HP scanner, but it will do the trick.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 01:46 PM
    I moved from the Nexus 5 to the Q10 about 3 weeks ago. Haven't looked back!
    07-04-14 02:03 PM
    I've moved from iphone to android to BlackBerry. Haven't looked back, the main things a phone needs to do in my opinion are way better on the berry. Both Z and Q outperform the basic tasks on almost any phone.

Browser is awesome and full content, so less need for apps. Communications in the hub are way smoother then any other platform.

Would wait for the upcoming devices though, or get one of the current for cheap second hand to give it a try.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 04:14 AM
    Don't
    07-07-14 04:38 AM

Was using an iPhone last year and transferred to the Z10 found that all my "must have" apps can be downloaded via snap. It just really depends on the apps that you need and checking if they're available to download and use on BB10 devices.

I have instagram on Z10 so far so good except for the lack of push notifications. We only get them once we open the app

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 07:45 AM
    Lol
    bbnrs likes this.
    07-07-14 07:50 AM
42 12