First post here, I have been researching the switch for a couple weeks on this site and some others & I know there's many threads on the subject but I haven't been able to find exact reassurances so please help! I got the first iPhone post BB 8700G and have had one since, I want to go back to BB after the IOS7 update made my iPhone 5 buggy and slower (i'm sure its setup that way so we'll bite the bullet and upgrade to a 5s).

I love the keyboard and design of this device, the little bit i've gotten to play with BB10 it seems fantastic, I know i'm taking a massive hit on app availability. Since I haven't done tons of research on native/ported apps etc for fear of discouraging myself from getting the Q10. I'm just here hoping i'll be able to find out that I can:

Use eBay (buy & sell) & Paypal
    Amazon & Kindle
    Listen to Podcasts
    Import my iTunes library over without it being a nightmare to import and use

I'm sure i'm forgetting some things and I know i'll lose a lot of great musical instrument tool apps but the main thing is-i'm absolutely nervous to leave the Apple eco-system since I have an iMac and an iPad as well.

It'll all be okay...right?

Thank you for the help!
    10-27-13 02:18 AM
    I think that everything that you're asking for will be no problems.

It looks like you mainly just need to sideload certain apps which as easy as:
    1. Downloading a program on your MacBook
    2. Downloading the app(s) you want
    3. Dragging and dropping the apps you want into the program

That's the main jist of it. Nothing difficult at all.

As for the importing your iTunes Library, BlackBerry Link (used to manage your BlackBerry on your computer) has a simple check box for "import iTunes Library", so you're basically set there!

And for an extra motivation, think of all the great things you're gaining! The hub, the keyboard, productivity, faster browser, superior multitasking, and you'll gain the experience of discovering/learning a whole new operating system. It'll be nice to ditch your dependency on the Apple ecosystem.

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 02:35 AM
    What he said, and welcome to CrackBerry!
    Oz Inglorious and southlander like this.
    10-27-13 02:48 AM
    Just do it

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 02:49 AM
    I use a z10 and An iPhone 5, I prefer to use the z for most things except kijiji and eBay .... for those I find the iPhone apps better, especially for taking pictures of items, cars etc to sell
    Oz Inglorious likes this.
    10-27-13 02:50 AM
    Thank you so much! So the browser is faster and better as well?

All of the applications I mentioned are available and work great?

I am really excited, just making sure I have all of my bases covered so i'm not missing any key apps. I won't go to windows or android OS so it's gotta be Blackberry or I am stuck with this perpetually repackaged iPhone.
    10-27-13 02:52 AM
    I use a z10 and An iPhone 5, I prefer to use the z for most things except kijiji and eBay .... for those I find the iPhone apps better, especially for taking pictures of items, cars etc to sell
    I've never used kijiji actually but I do use eBay & Paypal a ton. How badly would I miss the iPhone version(s)?
    10-27-13 02:55 AM
    I've never used kijiji actually but I do use eBay & Paypal a ton. How badly would I miss the iPhone version(s)?
    not badly....there are a couple of paypal side loads, get the newest one, as for ebay...thats a matter or preference really

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 03:06 AM
    *PUSH*

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 03:10 AM
    You could try using eBay and PayPal on the browser. As for music I don't usually use BlackBerry Link. I mostly use us mass storage and copy and paste my music to my sd card
    AsianGloBo likes this.
    10-27-13 05:06 AM
    First of all welcome to CrackBerry! Next about the apps:

Use eBay (buy & sell) & Paypal:
    Im also an ebay and paypal user. Im currently using the ebay app on BB World and it works pretty good. Its an Android port. And Paypal works perfectly on the web browser.

Amazon&Kindle:
    I love Amazon as well, but the browser works perfectly for this. And for Kindle, im sure you could sideload this app if you really wanted it. I really dont use it.

Use Craigslist:
    Im sure the browser handles this just perfectly as well. (Have i ever mentioned how "perfect" the BB10 browser is? haha) But really i have never had problems with the browser and it is FAST.

Listen to Podcasts & Import my iTunes library:

There are two methods depending on what your set up is

1) AutoSync: Mainly if you have alot of playlists like me, BlackBerry Link for the Mac will sync with your itunes songs and playlists.

2) Manually Manage: ( I prefer this method, only because i like the more complicated stuff but its not that bad)
    -Create a New Folder called "iTunes Music" on your desktop. But keep it visible off to the side
    -Open up iTunes and click your "Songs" tab
    -Assuming all of your music is on iTunes "Select All" and drag the songs into the Folder you created.
    -Next is getting your iTunes Music onto your device via 16/32/64GB MicroSD>SD Card Adapter (Unless your computer has a microSD slot thats fine as well. Make sure the microSD card has been formatted onto your BB10 device first, so i creates the default folders to Pictures, and Videos etc.
    -Plug in your microSD card
    -Drag the "iTunes Music" Folder into the microSD card. This may take awhile depending on how much music you have.
    - Once completed. Eject the SD card, and plug into your Q10 device.
    - Open your "Music" app on the device and viola! You should have your entire iTunes library on your device. From here you can create your own Playlists right on the phone.

"I'm sure i'm forgetting some things and I know i'll lose a lot of great musical instrument tool apps but the main thing is-i'm absolutely nervous to leave the Apple eco-system since I have an iMac and an iPad as well."
    Im with you, i currently have an iMac and iPad Mini, and i LOVE those devices. However something about the iPhone that just doesnt do it for me as my personal smartphone device.

I say give the Q10 try. The transition will depend on you as well, but the physical keyboard is just soooooo buttery smooth as the OS itself. And the phone looks very attractive in Black or White. (I have the White version and I just love it, every single time i pick it up and use it.) Give the phone a couple weeks to get familiar and seeing if the Q10 is right for you. IF you dont like it, it will sell in the Marketplace with no problem at all.

Take a chance! CB will always be here to help anyway we can Good luck and Cheers mate!
    10-27-13 06:03 AM
    Go for it

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 06:04 AM
    Buy first think later. There is always crackberry to help afterwards.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 06:21 AM
    I sideloaded the Kindle app on my Q10, it works great!
    For podcasts, I'm using (suffering through) the app Podcasts by Netterfield, it works, but seems to have a mind of it's own. If I get the time, I may try to sideload Podtrapper, I used this on my old BB, awesome podcast app.
    I use iTunes through BB Link, it works good for me, but a lot of people have trouble with it, definitely not as easy and straightforward as iTunes on an iPhone.
    Oh yeah, the browser on BB10 is worlds better than the BlackBerry browsers of old
    10-27-13 06:27 AM
    There is a native eBay app. It works fine. I think you have answers on everything else. For your primary uses I predict you will be happy with the Q10. You won't miss the home button or the keyboard. I haven't used link to move songs and other content but I believe BlackBerry has made this process seamless.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 07:28 AM
    First app to get is the one for this site.

*push*

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    10-27-13 08:05 AM
    I'm just here hoping i'll be able to find out that I can:

Amazon & Kindle
    Listen to Podcasts
    BBM's release to all platforms made me switch back to BlackBerry, not because my Android was buggy. I bought a Q10 because I missed the FORM FACTOR and the KEYBOARD. I AM LOVING IT! From your list, I only do Skype and Podcast Listening. I use the Phone, Email, Text, BBM & Calendar 50% of the time. The rest of the time I am on WhatsApp, Skype, Facebook, taking pictures, podcasting and web browsing.

The rest of my needs are not as important to require a mobile device. I use my laptop/desktop to use them: Web surfing, watching videos, online shopping on Amazon, Ebay, Craigslist, and Kijiji, programming, designing, etc. After all, when I am at home or at work, I am no longer mobile.
    10-27-13 10:30 AM
    Thank you so much! Everyone really, something I didn't expect to encounter during my Blackberry research was such a supportive forum. Apart from the odd troll here and there everyone here is always so willing to answer questions with links and valuable content!

I think i'm going to give this a fair shot, I tried a Bold for a couple days sans iPhone a few years ago and the OS at the time didn't compare. BB10 seems like a huge step forward, enough that I really want to leave iOS7 behind.
    AsianGloBo likes this.
    10-27-13 01:22 PM
    BB10 is truly "next gen"

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    10-27-13 01:25 PM
    Welcome home.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 01:30 PM
    Welcome home.

Posted via CB10
    Cheers thank you for the welcome and the information!
    10-27-13 01:33 PM
    I think you will like it a lot.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 06:17 PM
    No a problem sir! Hopefully the BlackBerry will be the sweet spot for you!
    10-27-13 06:30 PM
    First post here, I have been researching the switch for a couple weeks on this site and some others & I know there's many threads on the subject but I haven't been able to find exact reassurances so please help! I got the first iPhone post BB 8700G and have had one since, I want to go back to BB after the IOS7 update made my iPhone 5 buggy and slower (i'm sure its setup that way so we'll bite the bullet and upgrade to a 5s).

I love the keyboard and design of this device, the little bit i've gotten to play with BB10 it seems fantastic, I know i'm taking a massive hit on app availability. Since I haven't done tons of research on native/ported apps etc for fear of discouraging myself from getting the Q10. I'm just here hoping i'll be able to find out that I can:

Amazon & Kindle
    Listen to Podcasts

I'm sure i'm forgetting some things and I know i'll lose a lot of great musical instrument tool apps but the main thing is-i'm absolutely nervous to leave the Apple eco-system since I have an iMac and an iPad as well.

Thank you for the help!
    Yes you can do all that no prob as I am using the same apps as you!But yes blink does not play or function well on mac computers and you may have issues with calendar and contacts not syncing over! There isn't a lot of support for apple to BlackBerry. But if you do encounter issues/problems there are great peeps in here at CB forums that can assist you.

Posted via CB10 Q10 SQN-3 w/official 10.2.0.424
    10-27-13 07:17 PM
    Hey man. I switched from iPhone 5 to z10 and then traded my iPhone 5 for my q10 and haven't looked back. You won't regret it. It's fantastic!

SQN100-1 10.2.0.1791
    10-27-13 09:21 PM
43 12