I would LOVE a Passport, but at the same time I look over at my beautiful Q10 sitting in it's leather sleeve, knowing it has a tempered glass screen protector, an extra battery and charging bundle, an extra battery cover, and an extra brand new leather sleeve just to make sure I am always on my game, and I think to myself "why should I leave such a sweet setup"?

Tough call, very tough. Drop $249.99 when ATT launches, or keep rolling with this rockstar.

Anyone else have these feelings?

Posted via CB10
    bbnrs likes this.
    09-24-14 09:22 PM
    Wait and have a look at one when att gets them. Then decide which is sweeter.
    topherparker likes this.
    09-24-14 09:26 PM
    The Passport brings a lot of interesting things to the table. But I love the Q10 too much to even think of swapping. Plus I only got mine a few months ago so I'm still in the honeymoon phase lol.

I'm excited for 10.3 on my Q10 more than I am about the new phones. The new UI looks so good.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 09:45 PM
    The Passport brings a lot of interesting things to the table. But I love the Q10 too much to even think of swapping. Plus I only got mine a few months ago so I'm still in the honeymoon phase lol.

I'm excited for 10.3 on my Q10 more than I am about the new phones. The new UI looks so good.

Posted via CB10
    I have the leak 10.3.0.1154 on my Q10 and our Z10s and it is a sweet OS. I absolutely adore my Q10, after using the Z10 for over a year. Something about this form factor and size is so perfect. I got the Q10 not too long ago with the idea of upgrading to the Classic when the price is more affordable. Will wait and see. I prefer LCD over the amoled. But not giving the Q10 up even then.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    09-24-14 10:39 PM
    I would LOVE a Passport, but at the same time I look over at my beautiful Q10 sitting in it's leather sleeve, knowing it has a tempered glass screen protector, an extra battery and charging bundle, an extra battery cover, and an extra brand new leather sleeve just to make sure I am always on my game, and I think to myself "why should I leave such a sweet setup"?

Tough call, very tough. Drop $249.99 when ATT launches, or keep rolling with this rockstar.

Posted via CB10
    Where'd you get the tempered glass screen protector from? Me wants one

#CB10 #DirtyThirty #NaturalSound
    djdosage likes this.
    09-24-14 11:59 PM
    I see my Q10 and have the same thoughts, then I begin to consider waiting it out till 10.3.1 drops and how nicely it works.

But then again, if I get a good trade-in value for my Q10, then I might just buy it out!

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 12:07 AM
    I see my Q10 and have the same thoughts, then I begin to consider waiting it out till 10.3.1 drops and how nicely it works.

But then again, if I get a good trade-in value for my Q10, then I might just buy it out!

Posted via CB10
    I think this is the right call. I would take a similar decision if I was in the market for a new phone.
    09-25-14 12:22 AM
    I have the same thoughts, the urge of getting something new just because it's there is quite tempting. On the other side I just recieved a brand new device (BBRY swapped my old one for a new one due to issues) one week ago, I also a tempered glass protector in time. I have that leather pocket, the OEM flip shell as well as a nice premium lether flip case made by Noreve, worth more than EUR 50.
    Last but not least the Q10 works for me, it is fast enough in most cases, I enjoy the (new) keyboard, I like the the overall design, the rather compact size and would just like to have a somewhat larger screen and maybe a higher resolution.

So I am not sure whether I should update or not. Besides I am not sure if I like the Passport keyboard once I have used on in person. So I'll wait at least until the stores start selling them I guess.

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    09-25-14 12:50 AM
    @evodevo69 I got a TechPro tempered glass screen protector from ebay. It is perfect. Extremely easy to install and hardly notice it on there!

Posted via CB10
    evodevo69 likes this.
    09-25-14 05:47 AM
    I also have a Q10 and really enjoy it. My points when considering the passport are:
    • Have there been a lot of defects reported (we'll see in a week or so)
    • Do I run out of battery power during the day at all, and if so can the bigger battery on the Passport sustain my needs
    • Can I get used to the physical keyboard on the Passport
    • Is carrying two devices possible if I'm still not sure after purchase?
    09-25-14 11:48 AM
    I also have a Q10 and really enjoy it. My points when considering the passport are:
    • Do I run out of battery power during the day at all, and if so can the bigger battery on the Passport sustain my needs
    Passport runs for 30 hours dude. Q10 can't match that.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-25-14 12:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    Because your arms are bigger than your head. Get a Passport, already.

" Initiated from my QNX10 "
    09-25-14 02:09 PM
    I'm in the same boat.... pretty much same setup.. leather pouch... techpro... so nice.. and I just put 1154 on it to make me like it more...

That passport though................
    09-25-14 03:07 PM
    Passport runs for 30 hours dude. Q10 can't match that.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Well, we need to compare apples to apples, that means same user scenarios on 2 devices. Until that is done, any comparisons are useless.
    And as Passport's battery is not removable, it's health decrease is very critical.
    I estimate that my Q10's battery loses at least 17% capacity in 12 months.(If single battery is used). Not a big issue as you can swap it. And if it's damaged (overheat or else), just spend $10 for new one. But let's see how Passport's battery survives over time.
    09-25-14 03:34 PM
    Well, we need to compare apples to apples, that means same user scenarios on 2 devices. Until that is done, any comparisons are useless.
    And as Passport's battery is not removable, it's health decrease is very critical.
    I estimate that my Q10's battery loses at least 17% capacity in 12 months.(If single battery is used). Not a big issue as you can swap it. And if it's damaged (overheat or else), just spend $10 for new one. But let's see how Passport's battery survives over time.
    Battery not removable but most likely replaceable. Just like the Z30 it's doable.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-25-14 03:41 PM
    I actually bought the Q10 with the intention of just waiting out the Passport til the price drops on it significantly (which will be a few years from now, I'm sure). Now that I know they're supporting software updates for all BB10 models there really is no hurry to switch. This phone does everything I need it to do and I'm not "serious business" oriented :P But you better believe as soon as I can find a PP for under $300 on ebay I'ma jump on that!
    09-26-14 05:54 AM
    The Passport is awesome!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 06:14 AM
    Would like to have a passport because of the uniqueness. My q10 is doing me just fine right now tho. So I am most likely gonna keep my q10 for now. I am also afraid of how hard the passport will be to use one handed. I use my q10 one handed all the time. It is important to me.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 06:54 AM
    Wait a sec, do you have any proof of this statement?
    09-26-14 07:00 AM
    Wait a sec, do you have any proof of this statement?
    He just say he will wait before buying, to be sure there is no big flaw
    09-26-14 10:48 AM
    Because your arms are bigger than your head. Get a Passport, already.

" Initiated from my QNX10 "
    Ha! I think you might be right!
    09-26-14 06:45 PM
    I actually bought the Q10 with the intention of just waiting out the Passport til the price drops on it significantly (which will be a few years from now, I'm sure).

But you better believe as soon as I can find a PP for under $300 on ebay I'ma jump on that!
    Under 300? I am afraid that might take a while based on initial numbers.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 08:11 PM
    Just do it!

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss BlackBerry Passport!!!
    09-26-14 08:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely I do! I think the Passport looks freaking incredible, and I'm proud of the company that made it, but at the same time when I make an honest appraisal of my lifestyle and smartphone usage, it makes no sense for me to cart around so much phone power on a daily basis.

I've actually found myself becoming intrigued by the Classic lately. I'd have essentially my current Q10 with a bigger screen, and I'd also have a "mouse" back. It will all depend upon how they integrate those belt keys with BB10, and battery life (hoping for an AMOLED screen and similar battery size to Q).

I don't think that recognizing that a certain device is awesome means you have to actually own the thing. Unless you have tons of disposable cash, in which case knock yourself out. If I had a six-figure salary I would absolutely but a P9983 (9981? Whatever the number is on the most recent one).

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 08:22 PM
    I've actually found myself becoming intrigued by the Classic lately. I'd have essentially my current Q10 with a bigger screen, and I'd also have a "mouse" back. It will all depend upon how they integrate those belt keys with BB10, and battery life (hoping for an AMOLED screen and similar battery size to Q).
    Slightly OT but the screen has more or less confirmed of being some LCD type and the battery will have at least 2515mAH - more than 400mAH larger than the Q10.
    But yes I am also leaning more to the Classic and I somehow fear if I end up buying the Passport now, I might not like it as much as I would due to the keyboard and I might sell it once the Classic hits. So waiting is a abetter option.

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    09-27-14 02:37 AM
30 12