Although I have had my Q10 for quite a while, I finally got to try some of the more advanced features. I will have to say that the voice recognition is outstanding. I have used it for text, email, searching the internet, etc. My wife and I even had a battle one night on our respective phones (she has a S4), and it seemed like the BB had a wider range of commands available that it responded to. It also recognizes foreign names pretty well (such as people in my address book).

Last night, we caught up on one of her tv shows by playing it off the network website on my Q10 browser and connecting it to our 42" Samsung tv via a HDMI cable. It worked pretty well; I was pleasantly surprised. The picture was great, although a bit dark. A one hour show did drain my battery considerably but I can't imagine it wouldn't. Interestingly, the video was 24" on our tv.

I just thought I would post my experience. I have seen people use other voice control programs on other platforms with mixed results (although they have been earlier generations of things like Siri). And the HDMI thing, if I am not mistaken, is primarily a BB10 offering which is kind of cool. Of course, we will probably just stream our iPad to our tv through Apple TV (which we got as a gift from someone) in the future. But still, it was also cool to look at other things from my phone on the tv. I played Saving Yellow while hooked to the tv--it looked pretty awesome! Pictures and some other apps are a bit pixelated. But videos looked really nice too, especially HD ones.
    08-01-13 04:08 PM
    I've watched a few movies via HDMI out. While it's not the most used feature on my bb, it's definitely a nice one to have.
    Thanks for the great writeup!
    08-02-13 02:06 AM
    I found the detailed voice prompt setting to be a little muddled. It had difficulty understanding me in the car, especially when I told it to call a contact. When switching to basic prompts (simple voice dialing like the 9700) the familiar voice returned understanding the contact to be called immediately. I also found it wierd that the "Say a command" voice was the same as the old 9700, then when it proceeds to the say the name of the contact, it switches to a horrible text-to-speech type of voice.

From the 9700 Bold2 to a Q10 via CB10
    08-02-13 09:21 AM