Okay, got the blackberry Q10 with T-mobile, recently updated to the 10.2.1 update, although I can't tell if this issue was going on before or after the update because I rarely bought movies on Blackberry World. Well, I finally had the weekend off, and so I got a chance to hang with the family, watch a movie. DVD stores are too damn far where I live and I HATE ordering anything that isn't a digital download, because I hate waiting for packaging to deliver. So I purchased "Frozen" from the BB World app store for the family, instead of choosing the usual blood and guts I normally watch, and the paypal purchase went through within seconds, but as I go to download it got about a few megabits in before I start getting this crap:
    Video has expired error message when downloading a purchased movie, plus closed caption issue.-img_20140328_173546.png
    Video has expired error message when downloading a purchased movie, plus closed caption issue.-img_20140331_190926.png

My device space had plenty of room, and I figured their servers were busy, and I kept trying, getting the same errors over and over until:
    Video has expired error message when downloading a purchased movie, plus closed caption issue.-img_20140328_174518.png

I'm not spending any more money. I feel like such a fool, and then blackberry tried to give me the run around. "Contact your carrier" they didn't even have a direct number, because I guess they don't want to be bothered with us peons of customers using their services. Now what would T-mobile have to do with your servers not processing my downloads? I called them, explained the situation, and they said the same thing I had concluded, so bump that. Btw, I somehow was able to get the thing to download again but after about 13 megs it gives the same stupid error and won't finish downloading... This is issue #1!

Issue #2!: Closed captions/subtitles won't shut off when "Play On" is selected(by the way, almost had the phone a freakin year until I realized that the only way to get movies to show full screen on the tv via the hdmi cable was to hold click the movie file and select 'play on', followed by the hdmi tv option *derp* Thanks for that.) Now, remember the 99 cents sale on movies they had a while back? Iron Man 3, The Internship, etc... all those movies downloaded and played just fine, with no forced closed captions/eng subtitles popping up on the t.v screen. But recently I had rented Riddick 3 and Prisoners and they both started giving that CC pop up. Now, I know there is an option to shut those off, but it only works when you watch the movie in regular mode. As soon as you 'play on' the t.v. all of a sudden the subtitles come back on, and with a few seconds ahead in delay, so if someone were to make a joke, you'd read it seconds before they actually moved their mouth...Why did I purchase Frozen knowing there was this issue? Because after BUYING Iron man 3, etc. with no problems and renting Riddick and Prisoners I assumed the forced subtitle/closed caption was a RENTAL issue, but I was just testing out American Hustle, which I wanted to see anyways and I noticed was 99 cents so I bought it, and poof, same issue. Crap. I screwed myself. 99 cents big woop but I feel silly about spending 20 bucks on Frozen and not even getting the damn movie...
    Sup BlackBerry? Can we do something right, like play a simple movie please? Without issues? I want to punch my phone in a fit of rage, but I know the screen wouldn't break because the phone is too darn strong, leading to one of the reasons why I bought the blackberry in the first place, among other things. Oh, the irony.
    Yeah, I rebooted the phone. No, I don't have any viruses, nor am I low on space. You know, I only purchased these things out of convenience, as it was much easy to make a digital download and plug the micro HDMI to HDMI cable into the tv for an instant "movie night". I hate playing movies on the xbox 360, because the 360 is noisy and can't seem to play certain file types...aside from being a dollar or two more expensive rental or buy wise, lol. Has anyone else had one more both of these issues? The subtitle thing is just as important as the not downloading thing because I ain't gonna watch anything on that small screen unless its one of those 'embarrassing to watch with other people because of an awkward scene' type of movies...
    03-31-14 07:19 PM
    I too have had problems with the "video has expired" issue after the update to 10.2.1 (VZW). I don't know if this was a problem before the update or not. I wanted to take advantage of the $0.99 sale they recently had and purchased "American Hustle" only to get the exact same error you posted. My previous purchased videos downloaded fine and I was able to watch them with no issues. Seems like only the video store is affected. Weird. No answers either, though I did see another thread about this elsewhere.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 08:13 PM
    Ditto. Purchased 2 videos, one of them came through fine, the other, never did. Now it is after the download time they posted, and still unable to download.

Thanks BBW. I'll never bother buying any media like that ever again.

(and wrote 2 times to the email address on my paypal. Maybe I should dispute it through them....)
    04-01-14 04:42 PM
    Oh I'm going to get my money back. I already set a dispute claim with paypal and those thieves at Blackberry never responded. In a few days I can escalate my claim. I'm gonna get my $20 bucks back. And it ain't even about the money anymore. The fact that they haven't responded disappoints me in volumes. You know, I could've rented the damn movies from amazon or something, but I was like, 'no, lemme toss some business BB's way' . This is how we are repaid. Maybe I should get an android phone, then. They apparently want to lose what customers they have left. I hate the feeling like I'm 'settling' for something, as opposed of being proud to own something. What is this? Windows Phone? Microsoft service? Get a bar. Get your bars up. Still downloading errors. I'll be expecting my refund, thief. You can process payment in five seconds but all of a sudden there's a glitch when trying to obtain the content. And I got a big mouth, like Ralph Kramden from the honeymooners. I'll give negative reviews on every media I can find until this is rectified. If they're not going to acknowledge the problem then don't acknowledge my money and refund it, simple man. *shrugs*
    04-01-14 10:44 PM
    Thanks for creating this thread,

I will be using Torrent instead of Blackberry World.
    04-01-14 10:57 PM
    I too have had problems with the "video has expired" issue after the update to 10.2.1 (VZW).
    Same problem here with a Verizon Z10. It'll download a few megabytes, then shows the "video has expired" error. I then cancel the download, tap Purchase again and it says I already purchased it and won't charge me... download begins again... repeat error.

Luckily it was only a $0.99 movie, but still... now I don't trust it and won't purchase anything else until I know it's fixed.
    05-03-14 10:37 PM
    Same here and it charged me $15=15 times for America Hustle... I didn't see the message so I downloaded it again.. no help from BlackBerry and my dad even works for Paratek (Now called BlackBerry after they bought Paratek microwave)

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 08:48 PM
    For what it's worth, I was eventually able to download the movies that had been showing errors, as well as a few new ones which worked fine.

No idea why, as I didn't change anything at my end.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 10:22 PM
    I was having this issue with Moneyball that I purchased in March 2014 for 99 cents. Kept trying and kept getting the "video has expired" message. Submitted a form to get my money back (for the link on Crackberry somewhere) and within a day or so they gave me my 99 cents back. I really wanted to watch this movie, and since its on sale for 99 cents again, I purchased it again. But again the dreaded "video has expired" message.

Somehow I got it to work. Not sure this process will work for anyone else, but this is what I did. Began the download again (right after the failure) and went to the download progress window (at the top of the screen) and clicked Pause. Waited a while. Clicked continue download (resume) button and let it run again for just a few seconds and then click Pause. After a bit, I saw a message about an error with the license file. Clicked resume and let it run for a few seconds and then Pause again. Not sure how many times I did this, but eventually, the "Play" movie button appeared. (This will show up once enough of a movie is downloaded where you can start watching while it downloads the rest of the movie). I clicked Play and was able to watch the entire movie.

Total hypothesis here. Maybe when downloading the movie it is also looking for the license file (from a different server). If the download hits a certain point and the license file hasn't been validated, it cancels the download. By hitting pause, maybe it gave it enough time to successfully retrieve the license and then I was able to finish the download.

I would be curious if this works for anyone else.

Good luck! Bill
    05-22-14 02:39 PM
    Ugh. I'm having the Play On leads to no sound and forced closed captions problem.

Wtf BlackBerry? I'm done with buying movie from BlackBerry world, 99 cents or not.

Posted via my beautiful Q10
    05-26-14 09:44 PM