Is anyone else having problems with their Q10 not vibrating when set to vibrate mode? I am on Verizon, with the 10.1.0.2011 software release, and my Q10 is not vibrating...however, it vibrates once in a while. It seems to be a software glitch, but am afraid it may also be a hardware problem. There does not seem to be a new update for my phone, and I have already tried rebooting the phone, to no avail. Anyone else having a similar issue?
    06-14-13 03:48 PM
    What events (email, text, bbm, etc) does it vibrate at?

Have you double checked the customization settings for notifications? You can turn on/off vibrate for specific events in there.
    06-14-13 03:59 PM
    Yep, I have double checked all those. It briefly vibrated for a BBM group conversation, I have called the Q10 using my office phone, and it just won't vibrate...
    06-14-13 04:07 PM
    YES i literally had this exact same issue!!! I set my phone to vibrate only mode and it would still only play sounds! I think whatsapp was set to vibrate 2 times but it didnt at all!

this was yesterday when i got my q10, but then i just restarted it and voilla! it worked!

OP i suggest you set the settings the way you want, regardless if it vibrates correctly or not, then restart the device! thats what i did and it worked!
    06-14-13 04:14 PM
    Hmmm, I already restarted. I am going to try it again, and take the battery out as well, and then we'll see what happens...
    06-14-13 04:17 PM
    Mine seems to be working, but honestly it's kinda hard to tell since it only vibrates ONCE for anything other than a phone call...seriously hoping they add the option for customizing the number and lengths of vibrations back when they release 10.2....
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-14-13 04:17 PM
    Mine seems to be working, but honestly it's kinda hard to tell since it only vibrates ONCE for anything other than a phone call...seriously hoping they add the option for customizing the number and lengths of vibrations back when they release 10.2....
    that option is already available! i have it set to 2 vibrate for whatsapp, and 1 for sms/bbm

and OP please let us know what happens!
    06-14-13 04:27 PM
    Well, I rebooted the phone again, took the battery out, put it back together, and still no vibration...
    06-14-13 04:32 PM
    Well, here is what I discovered. My battery level was at 30%. I plugged the phone into my computer, let it charge a little, and all the sudden it started vibrating normally, for every notification. Then, I unplugged it, called the Q10 with my office phone again, it vibrated once, then it stopped...So, it must be an issue with the battery, where after it falls under a certain percentage it will stop vibrating. It is definitely a glitch in the OS, I'd say.
    06-14-13 05:07 PM
    Well, here is what I discovered. My battery level was at 30%. I plugged the phone into my computer, let it charge a little, and all the sudden it started vibrating normally, for every notification. Then, I unplugged it, called the Q10 with my office phone again, it vibrated once, then it stopped...So, it must be an issue with the battery, where after it falls under a certain percentage it will stop vibrating. It is definitely a glitch in the OS, I'd say.
    hmm maybe you should let your battery drain completely then charge and see if it fixes it?
    06-14-13 05:18 PM
    Hi, I got a total different problem that I wonder if someone can help me.

The vibrator is way too laud for me, I disturbs my sessions. is there any setting that I can modify the intensity?
    06-24-13 11:02 AM
    hey guys , i jus got a bb q10 say a couple of weeks back from dxb ( dubai ) it was sent to me through my brother who lives there ..for the first few days the vibration of the phone worked perfectly well nd then from past few days its like jus stopped workin i did try to change the settings to all possible means .. but still no result.. tried removin the battery also but no luck ....waited for the phone to drain out but still not happenin. i then planned to visit the bb store hea locally nd they say pls send the phone back as we wont even touch the phone ...it used to vibrate once in a while but even that has stopped now : ( feelin terrible don know wot to do ... any suggestions o any help plsss
    07-20-13 05:39 AM
    I have a Q10 - same issue.

No vibrate - sound is fine.

I am 10.2.X but also tried re loading the stock OS 10.1X from Rogers.

Any ideas ? Hardware? Phone has not been dropped or gotten wet.

Cheers
    09-30-13 07:38 PM
    Is anyone else having problems with their Q10 not vibrating when set to vibrate mode? I am on Verizon, with the 10.1.0.2011 software release, and my Q10 is not vibrating...however, it vibrates once in a while. It seems to be a software glitch, but am afraid it may also be a hardware problem. There does not seem to be a new update for my phone, and I have already tried rebooting the phone, to no avail. Anyone else having a similar issue?
    When set to vibrate only, my Q10 doesn't vibrate for any incoming emails. I'm on Q10SQN100-3/10.1.0.4633
    09-30-13 09:38 PM
    OP: when did you get your Q10? If you just got it or have a warranty on it, why not bring it back and tell them that you think you have a defective battery or that something is up with the hardware/software? Perhaps your carrier will help you, or you can better determine the problem so you can get vibrations notifications again.

I'm sure this must be troublesome for you. I'm sorry! Please keep us up to date on what is happening!
    09-30-13 10:19 PM
    Got my Q10 in a trade.

Of course never tested vibrate - all other features are fine.

I went ahead and had it unlocked so Ill assume BB will not fix under warranty - correct?

Cheers
    10-01-13 09:05 PM
    Got my Q10 in a trade.

Of course never tested vibrate - all other features are fine.

I went ahead and had it unlocked so Ill assume BB will not fix under warranty - correct?

Cheers
    Hello! I'm not really sure. But you can always bring it to your carrier and ask them what the issue could be. They still might be able to help you; or at least tell you what might be wrong with it. Ask about the warranty - you never know!

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 09:17 PM
    Notifications are all messes up in BB10. Even though I have LED set to on for all incoming items in Phone Only mode, the LED will *only* work if Notifications are in Normal. Extremely frustrating.

I'm wondering if this is what's causing a problem with vibrate. It's not that the phone can't vibrate, it's just that the Notifications programming is messed up.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 09:23 PM
    Some problem
    My q10 stops vibrate
    Q10 SQN 100-3 OS 10.2.1.2141

Any Ideas? Help!
    04-05-14 09:01 AM