Did the update. Haven't noticed anything new from my Sachesi update, but it's smooth and snappy. Good times.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 12:40 PM
    anyone else lose a bunch of their contacts this morning? (pre update)
    03-18-14 12:59 PM
    It appears that Z30 (STA100-3) is receiving a slightly different version.

Verizon Q10 Update Pushed-img_20140319_024726.png

Verizon Q10 Update Pushed-img_20140319_025150.png

Verizon Q10 Update Pushed-img_20140319_025324.png
    03-18-14 01:05 PM
    Are there any advantages to the newer version? Is it worth having to reinstall the OS and apps?

Posted via CB10
    You don't have to reinstall apps on OTA updates, though it is a good idea to save a backup just in case.

As far as advantages, I can't say as I'm still working and haven't been able to update yet.

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    Last edited by JAS0NB0URNE; 03-18-14 at 02:35 PM.
    03-18-14 01:16 PM
    I just got the notification as well, but it's 600+MBs, not 300 like some of the screen shots suggest.
    03-18-14 01:21 PM
    did the update...didnt lose any apps nor the android nor the contacts....but its very smooth..
    03-18-14 01:47 PM
    Whoa. Nice. Ditto on the update pushed to my Q10. It's funny. A part of me had this weird hunch that it might be released this week but I was planning on going the Sachesi route. Even made some time in my schedule for this Saturday to do so. Freed up now. Haha. Can't wait to get home after work and push this sucker through. Hello 10.2.1.

And Verizon, you're still evil for keeping us VZW users in the dark and playing that "I don't know" game... But glad that yinz pushed this through FINALLY.
    03-18-14 02:09 PM
    I'm currently running .2141, so this would technically be a downgrade right? I'm thinking I should pass.
    There are 3 different version numbers for a BlackBerry 10 OS:

• OS version
    • Software Release version
    • Radio version

The most useful version number is the OS version. This is the core OS functionality.

The Software Release version refers to the "bundle" of OS version, radio version, and core OS applications. This can vary between carriers and sometimes will not show up until the carrier recognizes a newly-installed OS installed on the device via an over-the-air query/update. (Whereas OS and radio versions are always available in Settings/About/OS. Typically a "leaked" OS will never display a "Software Release" version.)

The radio version is the code that runs the cellular radio, WiFi, Bluetooth and NFC. This is almost always "matched" to the OS version (and is numbered one higher than the OS version) but very occasionally there are exceptions to this. (ie Verizon's initial 10.2.1 release for Z10 had OS version 10.2.1.1925, radio version 10.2.1.1899) BlackBerry has a knowledgebase article stating that if the OS and radio versions are not matched, it can create device instability problems. LINK

The confusing part is that when you get an OS update notification, it quotes the Software Release version in the popup message - because this is the whole "bundle".

But for OS comparison purposes, better to stick with the OS version, this will give a better idea of the "newness" of a build. (There is also a "Build ID" in Setttings/About/OS if you want to get very detailed about "build newness".)
    03-18-14 02:34 PM
    I just got the notification as well, but it's 600+MBs, not 300 like some of the screen shots suggest.
    Could be because you were on official OS and not a leak?

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 02:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    That would explain it, I guess. Just restarted, done with updating. Trying to figure out what's new...
    03-18-14 02:39 PM
    What is wifi direct?

Wi-Fi Direct - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    03-18-14 02:43 PM

The size of the download depends on what is currently installed on the device.

The newer the OS and more similiar it is to the updated version, the smaller the download.

If for some reason the "incremental" update process does not or cannot work, you may see additional large downloads. This is because the update process in such cases reverts to installing the complete OS instead of the incremental version.
    03-18-14 02:45 PM
    And Verizon, you're still evil for keeping us VZW users in the dark and playing that "I don't know" game...
    I disagree. The last thing VZW needs is people hounding the bejeezus out of them continuously if they run into a rollout delay and everyone was "promised" something that they had to embargo because a new issue of some kind was discovered.
    03-18-14 02:46 PM
    The size of the download depends on what is currently installed on the device.

The newer the OS and more similiar it is to the updated version, the smaller the download.

If for some reason the "incremental" update process does not or cannot work, you may see additional large downloads. This is because the update process in such cases reverts to installing the complete OS instead of the incremental version.
    Precisely what I thought. My ? was confirming if he was on official build.

You are also spot on about Verizon being right not to promise a release date of the update.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 02:59 PM
    Sweet, a update to the leak I had already loaded! Running smooth as *#@*!

White on White Q10 Baby!
    03-18-14 03:56 PM
    so with this update can we dl jellybean apps direct from BB world?
    No you can't. technically the ability to direct install android apk's is to entice developers to bring their apps into the BlackBerry 10 ecosystem.

BlackBerry World will not offer apk files, but you may obtain them from third party sources like Good E Reader, Snap (pulls from Google Play), Amazon App Store, Mobile1, etc.

Once you acquire the files, you will be able to install the apps. Though you must toggle ON the "Allow apps from other sources to be installed" option in Settings > App Manager > Installing Apps

Attachment 256236

Hope this helps!

Posted via CB10
    0524432 likes this.
    03-18-14 03:58 PM
    Got mine on both my Z10 and Z30, so yes Z10 as well!
    03-18-14 04:01 PM
    Precisely what I thought. My ? was confirming if he was on official build.

You are also spot on about Verizon being right not to promise a release date of the update.

Posted via CB10
    It's not even an issue of giving a release date or promising one. Because, as you stated, it would be a disaster if Verizon said it would be released on (date) and it wasn't. What I had issue with was that no one I spoke with seemed to know about the OS release. This was also confirmed on the VZW forums. Though to be fair, I called about something else the first time and just kind of threw it out there. She had no clue. When I got transferred to a support person, he stated that he had no idea about any OS 10.2.1 update to the Q10 and that I already had the latest version. He then proceeded to tell me how to manually check, which I already knew how to do. He then transferred me to his supervisor who also had no idea about any OS updates or that Blackberry was even getting one. I thanked them and left it at that.

But anyways, happy that they did finally release it. It's just surprising that no one seemed to know about any updates at all. Unless they were sworn to secrecy.
    03-18-14 04:02 PM

• OS version
    • Radio version

The most useful version number is the OS version. This is the core OS functionality.

The Software Release version refers to the "bundle" of OS version, radio version, and core OS applications. This can vary between carriers and sometimes will not show up until the carrier recognizes a newly-installed OS installed on the device via an over-the-air query/update. (Whereas OS and radio versions are always available in Settings/About/OS. Typically a "leaked" OS will never display a "Software Release" version.)

The radio version is the code that runs the cellular radio, WiFi, Bluetooth and NFC. This is almost always "matched" to the OS version (and is numbered one higher than the OS version) but very occasionally there are exceptions to this. (ie Verizon's initial 10.2.1 release for Z10 had OS version 10.2.1.1925, radio version 10.2.1.1899) BlackBerry has a knowledgebase article stating that if the OS and radio versions are not matched, it can create device instability problems. LINK

The confusing part is that when you get an OS update notification, it quotes the Software Release version in the popup message - because this is the whole "bundle".

But for OS comparison purposes, better to stick with the OS version, this will give a better idea of the "newness" of a build. (There is also a "Build ID" in Setttings/About/OS if you want to get very detailed about "build newness".)
    Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.
    03-18-14 04:06 PM
    It's not even an issue of giving a release date or promising one. Because, as you stated, it would be a disaster if Verizon said it would be released on (date) and it wasn't. What I had issue with was that no one I spoke with seemed to know about the OS release. This was also confirmed on the VZW forums. Though to be fair, I called about something else the first time and just kind of threw it out there. She had no clue. When I got transferred to a support person, he stated that he had no idea about any OS 10.2.1 update to the Q10 and that I already had the latest version. He then proceeded to tell me how to manually check, which I already knew how to do. He then transferred me to his supervisor who also had no idea about any OS updates or that Blackberry was even getting one. I thanked them and left it at that.

But anyways, happy that they did finally release it. It's just surprising that no one seemed to know about any updates at all. Unless they were sworn to secrecy.
    Omnitech can probably speak to this better than I, but I am fairly certain the big wigs in companies like Verizon share such targeted release dates to their sales reps or even store managers.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 04:08 PM
    Ah. Well, from what I've read on here and on the VZW forums, didn't seem like the Sales Reps knew either. I haven't gone into a retail store recently because of the bad taste that was left in my mouth by the VZW salespeople the last time I asked to buy a Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 04:25 PM

• OS version
    • Radio version
    Where do I find the "OS" number on my phone. I can only find software release number.

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    03-18-14 05:37 PM
    Why don't I see browser (option) in the extend search anymore after the update?

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 05:38 PM
    Where do I find the "OS" number on my phone. I can only find software release number.

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    Settings, About, change Category to OS.

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    03-18-14 07:28 PM
    Well I got OS 2228 sorry Verizon 2 days too late. Got my leak on.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 09:11 PM
62 123