I was really thinking about installing a leak. So thanks verizon this update really did make the phone faster. I like the call screen and when watching a video the volume is no longer smack dab in the middle of the screen I'm happy

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 09:37 PM
    I was really thinking about installing a leak. So thanks verizon this update really did make the phone faster. I like the call screen and when watching a video the volume is no longer smack dab in the middle of the screen I'm happy

Posted via CB10
    Now you need to sideload "Snap" the 3rd party Google Play to give you a ton more apps you can download such as Netflix, Facebook Pages, your banks app, etc.

Posted with my ? Q10.
    03-18-14 09:45 PM
    biggest change i've noticed is a ton more emoticons in BBM (from leak to today's VZW update)
    03-18-14 10:21 PM
    I did not notice losing any in the past day or so but I have been losing some recently. When I try to add them back in it ask me if I want to update them and then they are there with all the info that was there before so they must be getting hidden somehow?
    03-19-14 04:39 AM
    I have a Verizon Q10 and it has been showing that I have a software update for 10.1.0.4189, do I have to install this update so I can get the 10.2 notification or will it just show that I have 10.2 update available?
    03-19-14 04:59 PM
    I have a Verizon Q10 and it has been showing that I have a software update for 10.1.0.4189, do I have to install this update so I can get the 10.2 notification or will it just show that I have 10.2 update available?
    Go to settings, software updates. Check for updates, and 10.2.1.2122 should be there.

Perform a back up.
    Wait till you have wifi. Plug in phone.
    And then download and update.
    May take up to 3 hours or more.
    Don't do anything until phone is done. It may sit at 100% for a while after reboot. Just wait.

Then you will have 10.2. And all the benefits of it.

If you don't have wifi then you can try and update over link.

Posted from my awesome Q10
    Rescue_525 likes this.
    03-19-14 05:37 PM
    Thanks, tex3523, I'm downloading 10.2 now
    03-19-14 07:13 PM
    Omnitech can probably speak to this better than I, but I am fairly certain the big wigs in companies like Verizon share such targeted release dates to their sales reps or even store managers.

I doubt that Verizon gives front-line reps ANY information about firmware/software releases until there is a fully certified build on the verge of release.

And once again, I sympathize with this policy because ANY information they were to give out, even if it were "Yes, there is an update coming" would result in potentially millions of people hounding them incessantly about where it is. And complex technology and consumer release schedules being what they are, it's probably easier to predict the weather a month in advance than it is to predict precisely when a new software update is going to pass testing and be ready for release.

It would certainly help matters if BlackBerry's software engineering people did a better job of meeting their own release milestones, and kept the level of bugs down. That is definitely part of the problem.

Bottom line - I'm just happy as a clam that for once, Verizon is not lagging the entire rest of the world on BlackBerry software updates. Let's look at the bright side here.
    03-19-14 09:18 PM
    Now you need to sideload "Snap" the 3rd party Google Play to give you a ton more apps you can download such as Netflix, Facebook Pages, your banks app, etc.

As well as destabilizing the phone, killing the battery, and exposing you to various security and privacy vulnerabilities.

Personally I advise people to go light on the direct-installed Android apps unless you absolutely can't survive without them. And if you choose to do it, avoid 3rd-party app stores, install an antimalware utility, beware of device permissions, and watch your battery tab in Device Monitor.
    03-19-14 09:26 PM
    We did too-Northeast PA
    03-20-14 12:46 PM
    They just would have to push this out on a Friday. Because of the battery life issues in the first few days after the update that I've been reading about, I'm going to wait till Monday to download it. I'm often out & about & not near a power source far more on weekends than on weekdays. Oh, well, I waited this long, what's a couple more days?

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 04:06 AM
    My battery is running low, as others have warned. But it wasnt shockingly fast, and as long as you have a cord with you, just in case, I would think it would be fine.
    Lordy. The new ringtones though. Sound very metallic and strange to me.
    Also, I am so happy that i wont be getting those update notifications every day !
    03-21-14 09:29 PM
62 123