Just wondering if anyone else noticed this? Definitely nice if you wanted to switch carriers I suppose. I put a AT&T sim in my Q10 and it got the "4G" signal. Not sure how it would pick up on other carriers. I am surprised that the Z10 only works on EDGE though. You would think both phones would support the same frequencies.
    Donnierock and raino like this.
    06-09-13 02:51 PM
    You ought to since Verizon's Q10 supports LTE through the SIM. The phones are mostly all the same except for a few differences.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-09-13 03:20 PM
    I did notice that as well. Wish it would get full At&t 4G LTE speeds but H+ is not to shabby.
    06-09-13 03:40 PM
    I did notice that as well. Wish it would get full At&t 4G LTE speeds but H+ is not to shabby.
    Yeah, that's what I thought. It's nice when you don't feel like you have to be locked down to one carrier because of your device. H+ isn't bad at all.
    06-09-13 03:46 PM
    Actually THANK YOU for confirming this, OP. The Verizon Q10 has AT&T's 3G/'4G' bands, but I believe you are the first on CB to do this test for us and confirm that AT&T '4G' works on the SQN100-2. BTW, the Verizon Q10 will also get LTE on T-Mobile everywhere, and 3G/'4G' in certain markets.

The Z10 can't do better than 2G because it has a very limited, international set of 3G/'4G' bands. If you are interested in network bands/compatibility, check out this thread for the Q10, and this one for the Z10.

I have a question for you: did your Q10 come fully unlocked?
    00stryder and dlrogers81 like this.
    06-09-13 05:27 PM
    verizon q10's come fully unlocked i believe (or thats what i have heard in other parts of the forum)

that being said, H+ on AT&T honestly is pretty good...its perfect for things like web browsing, bbm/email, and even youtube. LTE really comes in handy when downloading large files. Also. since AT&T wont let you turn off LTE, getting a phone that only uses H+ will significantly help with battery life!
    06-09-13 09:28 PM
    So how is AT&T about selling you service without selling you a device and without a contract?

Can you just walk into a store and buy a prepaid SIM card, or do you have to sign a monthly contract with them along with a minimum data plan?
    06-10-13 04:00 AM
    Actually THANK YOU for confirming this, OP. The Verizon Q10 has AT&T's 3G/'4G' bands, but I believe you are the first on CB to do this test for us and confirm that AT&T '4G' works on the SQN100-2. BTW, the Verizon Q10 will also get LTE on T-Mobile everywhere, and 3G/'4G' in certain markets.

The Z10 can't do better than 2G because it has a very limited, international set of 3G/'4G' bands. If you are interested in network bands/compatibility, check out this thread for the Q10, and this one for the Z10.

I have a question for you: did your Q10 come fully unlocked?
    No problem! I didn't have to unlock it or anything. Actually I just took it out of the box and put my att sim in and it worked right away. No prompts or anything. Also I noticed the splash screen changes to at&t and you can also do carrier billing to at&t. It seriously thinks it's the att model. Good to know if I decide to switch!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    raino likes this.
    06-10-13 04:40 AM
    Wait wait wait

So I can go to Verizon, get a white q10 can no contract, and out my AT&T SIM and its still work on AT&T 4?!?!?

Did I understand that correctly or am I dreaming?!?!?

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    06-10-13 04:59 AM
    Wait wait wait

So I can go to Verizon, get a white q10 can no contract, and out my AT&T SIM and its still work on AT&T 4?!?!?

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    Yep that is 100 percent correct! Works just like an at&t model right out of the box.. Only with no LTE but that's no problem for me anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    06-10-13 05:06 AM
    Wait wait wait

It seems that no LTE support is the main thing.
    06-10-13 05:08 AM
    It seems that no LTE support is the main thing.
    Pppppffffffttttt........

LTE is dodgy in the wilds of the mid Atlantic!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    06-10-13 05:13 AM
    Pppppffffffttttt........

LTE is dodgy in the wilds of the mid Atlantic!!!!

Well goody for you then. Go ahead and buy one from VZW. The next step is to wean you completely from the Death Star, over to Light Side, muahahahaa...
    00stryder likes this.
    06-10-13 05:25 AM
    Well goody for you then. Go ahead and buy one from VZW. The next step is to wean you completely from the Death Star, over to Light Side, muahahahaa...
    LOL!!! I tried VZW.....that's when I tried the 9930. AT&T works better for me.

Posted from my amazing Z10 via CB10
    06-10-13 06:44 AM
    LOL!!! I tried VZW.....that's when I tried the 9930. AT&T works better for me.

I assume you mean signal coverage? I thought that was VZW's home turf and they had that area locked-up.

I just hate everything about ATT (the "new" Texas version), and I think VZW's customer service is better. Way better LTE footprint too.
    06-10-13 07:08 AM
    I assume you mean signal coverage? I thought that was VZW's home turf and they had that area locked-up.

I just hate everything about ATT (the "new" Texas version), and I think VZW's customer service is better. Way better LTE footprint too.
    It is, except for a few pockets along the 81 corridor north and south around northern Virginia.

I'm out in the country. Got my own moonshine distillery and all.....

Posted from my amazing Z10 via CB10
    tempered likes this.
    06-10-13 07:35 AM
    Got my own moonshine distillery and all.....

Party this Friday at qbnkelt's house.
    06-10-13 07:45 AM
    Just wondering if anyone else noticed this? Definitely nice if you wanted to switch carriers I suppose. I put a AT&T sim in my Q10 and it got the "4G" signal. Not sure how it would pick up on other carriers. I am surprised that the Z10 only works on EDGE though. You would think both phones would support the same frequencies.
    Did u test this with a pre paid 4G sim or contract 4G sim?
    07-08-13 04:02 PM
    There are four different Z10 models, and they are each set for particular sets of frequencies. If the Z10 you had only worked on EDGE, you clearly had the worst model possible for the carrier you were at.

For a simple example, if I wanted (and I did) 4G LTE on my carrier (VIVO, here in Brasil), the only Z10 out of the three that sport 4G support I could get was the STL-100-2. The STL-100-3 and STL-100-4 just would not work with my carrier for 4G, although I bet they would on EDGE and 3G/HSPA+.
    07-09-13 05:27 PM
    Does the Verizon Q10 have to be unlocked, or is it already unlocked?
    10-07-13 09:36 AM
    Does the Verizon Q10 have to be unlocked, or is it already unlocked?
    Already unlocked
    10-07-13 11:33 AM
    Already unlocked
    Thanks!
    10-07-13 04:51 PM
    can i unlock the Q10 from Verizon and still be able to use it abroad/internationally?
    11-06-13 07:54 PM
    can i unlock the Q10 from Verizon and still be able to use it abroad/internationally?
    The Verizon Q10 comes unlocked.
    11-06-13 08:27 PM
    Hey, please clarify this to me. I bought an Q10, but I asked for the SQN100-3 model, but they gave me a SQN100-2. I read that they only support CDMA/UTMS and where I am right now, Costa Rica, can enable HSPA+. So the SQN100-2 would give me an H+ if I try to connect to the 3g network? (Doesn't matter the 4G, don't need too much speed for a phone)
    11-11-14 10:24 PM
33 12