Hey guys, I tried searching the threads but could not find any responses. I used to have the playbook as my tablet, so I am familiar with bridging the internet connectivity to the playbook from your phone, without utilizing data services. However, I do not have a playbook anymore, Just my Q10, iPad mini retina and Macbook Air.

So, Im on vacation and for whatever the reason, this particular hotel does not have free wifi. Bastards, anyway, I saw the internet tethering tab under mobile networks on my Q 10, and turned it on, connected my Q10 to both my Macbook and iPad, and BOOM. Internet from my phone on my mac and iPad. My question is, I do not think I have tethering set up on my Verizon plan (Although I have 10gb of data so I'm not worried about overages), also, when I go online to "my verizon", the feature of internet tethering doesn't show up as a feature I can add or remove.

In essence, I am asking if 1- have any of you knew you had this functionality? (this removes having to have a playbook) (not saying the playbook is bad)
    2- Am I only getting charged per the data I am using? (in that case its fine because it shows you how much data has been used on my Q10 from tethering, and growing the web for over an hour was only 50 mbs)
    3- Is Verizon charging me separate for the time spent using the teething services (keep in mind, I am not referring to mobil hotspot )

Thanks in advance
    Stay On Top | Knowledge is Power. Information is Liberating
    08-04-14 10:18 PM
    If you have a more everything plan then you just use data out of your 10 gb bucket. So just watch your usage. Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 10:48 PM
    Sounds good to me! Awesome thank you

http://www.stayontop-lifestyle.com/
    08-04-14 10:57 PM
    A few months ago Verizon switched everyone's plan to the Everything Plan.

As was stated, no extra charge, but you'll be using your data plan, so keep an eye on your usage.

Posted by a Proud NRA Supporter!
    08-05-14 12:30 AM