Today, I switched to Verizon because I was able to hop on a business account. I went into the store, and while my saleswoman was a dear, boy was she indifferent to dismissive of the Q10. I had walked in and said that was the phone I wanted, but that I also wanted to take a peep at the Galaxy S4. And I don't thinl I've ever seen anyone so exuberant about a phone. They're obviously told to really push the S4.

Anyway, I played around with the S4 for a bit just to see what all the hubbub was about. Long story short, it seemed very soulless and confusing. The internals are undeniably powerful. Cameras are amazing. But the phone was large and plasticy.

I went back, told her it was the Q10 for me. Despite the issues I have with this phone, and believe me, there are many, I find something intangible that I love about this phone. Maybe it's getting in on the ground floor with BB10 makes it more fun. Perhaps it's a bit of a quirky phone with some personality, which the GS4 lacks.

I was disappointed in the general attitude towards BB10 in these American wireless stores. A Tmo rep told me that she urges people away from the phone. While I was in Verizon, I saw multiple clients brought to the GS4 area by salespeople, recommending above anything else.

I mean, who has (literal) pockets large enough for the Samsung phone!? Anyway, I'm with the Q10 for the long haul.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 08:11 PM
    Today is my third day with mine and I can't believe how much I missed blackberry. I had the same experience at Verizon and actually they said "Why would you want a Blackberry". I told them I needed a smartphone not a toy to play with!

Posted via CB10
    dunnsantee likes this.
    06-17-13 08:48 PM
    I had a guy at Verizon that knew little about the Q10. There was no demo available. But he was respectful of my choice. My wife ended up getting the Galaxy. It is a really nice phone. It is a shame. It is like they almost resent the new Blackberry phones for coming out.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 08:54 PM
    Same kinda experience and it's my third day with mine also. But went in all they were saying is why do you want BlackBerry? There are no apps if u want a good phone get an iphone or android if u like tinkering with stuff so I pulled the iphone 5 out of my pocket already have it not all that impressed. And pulled out the dna them people don't have any idea what they are talking about. Like mindless robots

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 08:58 PM
    Not sure if there is any incentive paid by VZW to the store reps to push, but that doesn't surprise me. When the company first got the iPhone, I remember going in, and they were pushing the Droid model(dont even remember which one) over the iPhone 4s.
    06-17-13 09:03 PM
    I do remember that, they seemed to resent the iPhone in a similar way to the BB, probably because Apple withheld stock for their own stores on release day. Or because ATT has that exclusivity agreement.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 09:38 PM
    Wireless companies resent the iPhone because Apple strong-arms them and they make the least amount of profit from it, plain and simple.

iPhone 5 poised to hit wireless carriers’ margins hard | BGR

As for the BlackBerry, I too don't know where this attitude is coming from. I remember a BB executive being quoted as saying wireless carriers are welcoming them with open arms to increase competition with the current Samsung/Apple duopoly.
    06-17-13 11:18 PM
    I attempt not to walk in the retail stores anymore (ordered my last 3 phones/all accessories online)
    dunnsantee likes this.
    06-18-13 05:07 AM
    Today, I switched to Verizon because I was able to hop on a business account. I went into the store, and while my saleswoman was a dear, boy was she indifferent to dismissive of the Q10. I had walked in and said that was the phone I wanted, but that I also wanted to take a peep at the Galaxy S4. And I don't thinl I've ever seen anyone so exuberant about a phone. They're obviously told to really push the S4.

Anyway, I played around with the S4 for a bit just to see what all the hubbub was about. Long story short, it seemed very soulless and confusing. The internals are undeniably powerful. Cameras are amazing. But the phone was large and plasticy.

I went back, told her it was the Q10 for me. Despite the issues I have with this phone, and believe me, there are many, I find something intangible that I love about this phone. Maybe it's getting in on the ground floor with BB10 makes it more fun. Perhaps it's a bit of a quirky phone with some personality, which the GS4 lacks.

I was disappointed in the general attitude towards BB10 in these American wireless stores. A Tmo rep told me that she urges people away from the phone. While I was in Verizon, I saw multiple clients brought to the GS4 area by salespeople, recommending above anything else.

I mean, who has (literal) pockets large enough for the Samsung phone!? Anyway, I'm with the Q10 for the long haul.

Posted via CB10
    Smartphones have outgrown the average pants pocket, designer says | Fox News
    06-18-13 08:22 AM
    They get perks from companies to sell their phones. For example, Samsung will give a free S4 to the employee that sells the most that month.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 08:36 AM
    Whatever happened to the rumored story that Verizon was making all of its employees switch to the new Blackberry phones??? That might help!
    06-18-13 11:49 AM
    Whatever happened to the rumored story that Verizon was making all of its employees switch to the new Blackberry phones??? That might help!
    Maybe that was the original plan, but they are now selling better than expected so they aren't giving them to employees.

I know Rogers is not allowing employees to upgrade to BB10 phones yet, as they are selling too well and they need them for paying customers.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 02:12 PM
    I guess it was just a rumor reported on that came out of one of the research firms (and we know how much they love to report "accurate" information regarding sales and stock stuff):

Rumors: Verizon & AT&T Employees Switching to BlackBerry 10 - Third Party Porting All Android Apps to BlackBerry 10 - BerryReview

BlackBerry Upgraded to BUY By Jefferies & Co, after Verizon Switches to BB10 — NerdBerry
    06-18-13 02:28 PM