Did not have a working Q10 to play with...i asked why and she said they hadn't been shipped one. I said, "whaaat, today is opening day" and she shrugged her shoulders! I've never seen Verizon like this, I was there first day of the Z10.

Please tell me a good Verizon story because I hate to think that this was widespread.

Posted via CB10
    dmsbang likes this.
    06-10-13 07:07 PM
    My Verizon store way out here in the sticks had a dummy version they let me see yesterday. I went back today and bought a working version. They aren't very knowledgeable about blackberry phones which is very sad.
    06-10-13 07:17 PM
    My Verizon store way out here in the sticks had a dummy version they let me see yesterday. I went back today and bought a working version. They aren't very knowledgeable about blackberry phones which is very sad.
    I did not have this impression with the Z, they were maybe a little amused because I walked beside it, pointed and said I want this please

But today its as though I was an annoying fly!

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 07:20 PM
    Don't know what to tell you... we can make ourselves feel better by 'deducing' that they did not have any Q10s in store because they had such great demand from on-line pre-orders and direct-delivery business customers that they 'sold out'. Yeah... probably not.
    angieberry10 likes this.
    06-10-13 07:21 PM
    My Verizon stores here around Boise Idaho had them at the store level on Friday. Know people at corporate, and retailers and they were stocked and ready Friday.

Posted via Q10
    06-10-13 07:25 PM
    My Verizon stores here around Boise Idaho had them at the store level on Friday. Know people at corporate, and retailers and they were stocked and ready Friday.

Posted via Q10
    That's the way to operate!

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 07:48 PM
    1 store had it on display, 1 didn't here in Ohio...both had stock to sell, getting mine tomorrow!

Sales Rep already trying to talk me out of it, so I pulled out my Z10 and told him, I'm getting the Q10.... then when the next BlackBerry comes out, I'm getting that one...and then the next, and the next.

He was speechless!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dmsbang; 06-10-13 at 08:33 PM.
    06-10-13 07:52 PM
    Verizon store around me did not have any BlackBerry Q10's on display, and the two (2) Z10's on display had a dead battery and was a dummy..... C'mon BlackBerry!
    06-10-13 08:20 PM
    1 store had it on display, 1 didn't here in Ohio...both had stock to sell, getting mine tomorrow!

Sales Rep already trying to talk me out of it, so I pulled out my Z10 and told him, I'm getting the Q10.... then when the next BlackBerry comes out, I'm getting that one...and then the next, and the next.

He was speechless!

Posted via CB10
    When you say "tried to talk you out of it", can you be more specific?

I ask because people sometimes argue you can't blame sales people for suggesting even if negative because its the consumer's responsibility to kinda know what they want when they go in....

HOWEVER, in your case, correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you directly asked for a Q10 and then he/she moron said....what exactly?

When a customer walks in and knows exactly what they want and the sales person starts retaliating or suggesting otherwise at that point they are both ignorant and risking a sale, as well as being inappropriate to their job expectations.

~STV
    06-10-13 09:15 PM
    I walked in today (Dallas area) and the had a dummy Q10 and 2 hot Z's. The rep said nobody has been buying them. But he said, if they had apps, he would as he loves the Z keyboard and its very fast. Anyhow I asked if they had any Qs for sale in stock and he said they were not out yet. I told him to please check and sure enough they had them in stock. I am dumping Sprint with 4 lines and actually thinking about buying 3 Zs and a Q. That sell should make them call 911. A bit shocked the Z is still at 199. That cant last all summer. Can it???
    06-10-13 09:26 PM
    I had a similar experience. No demo on the floor. I asked them to bring out a white and black one. Couldn't get them out of demo mode so I couldn't try many features out and had to use the Z10. I knew much more about the phone too.
    06-10-13 09:44 PM
    my verizon by my house had one. i was about to upgrade my company phone but im not authorized on the account and my co-worker who is didnt pick up the phone.

oh well going to get the white one tomorrow.

super excited!!
    06-10-13 09:49 PM
    Haha my thread title was changed to the first line of my post and as a title it sounds dirty

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 09:51 PM
    I went through the same thing today. Ended up at 4 Verizon store before finding a Q10... which I brought home. 3 of the stores were independent and not only didn't have either new BB, they told me "You don't want one of those. The new iPhone is what you want." Couldn't believe it, but when you're not a corporate store I guess you can do whatever you want.
    06-10-13 09:55 PM
    When you say "tried to talk you out of it", can you be more specific?

I ask because people sometimes argue you can't blame sales people for suggesting even if negative because its the consumer's responsibility to kinda know what they want when they go in....

HOWEVER, in your case, correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you directly asked for a Q10 and then he/she moron said....what exactly?

When a customer walks in and knows exactly what they want and the sales person starts retaliating or suggesting otherwise at that point they are both ignorant and risking a sale, as well as being inappropriate to their job expectations.

~STV
    He said good luck owning BlackBerrys, they are dated...asked if i ever tried an iPhone or Samsung...i left

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 09:57 PM
    I walked in today (Dallas area) and the had a dummy Q10 and 2 hot Z's. The rep said nobody has been buying them. But he said, if they had apps, he would as he loves the Z keyboard and its very fast. Anyhow I asked if they had any Qs for sale in stock and he said they were not out yet. I told him to please check and sure enough they had them in stock. I am dumping Sprint with 4 lines and actually thinking about buying 3 Zs and a Q. That sell should make them call 911. A bit shocked the Z is still at 199. That cant last all summer. Can it???
    Costco has the VZW Z10 now for $49 w/ activation/upgrade. (Also got their coupon book today and effective June 13th they have the TMO Galaxy S4 for $400 off... wtf...)

Anyway they probably know people walking into their corporate stores for a Z or a Q have already made up their minds irrespective of price ... and those that are 'just looking' will not be lured to Blackberry by simply lowering the price.

Posted via CB10
    devastationinc likes this.
    06-10-13 10:02 PM
    Got mine today at VZW 5th Ave and 20th in Manhattan, not a q on display, typical BBRY fail for launch. I don't get why their in-store is so poor. Even though it was raining and their was light traffic in the store 3 out of the 4 people buying phones were buying Q's.
    angieberry10 likes this.
    06-10-13 11:02 PM
    If you guys want working models it seems that tmobile has them more on the shelves then verizon.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 11:13 PM
    I went to the local VZW Store in Tucson today at noon. I asked to see the Q10, and was very disappointed when the rep said they didn't come in....Another rep standing near us said "But I thought today was he launch day?". The rep told me to give him a minute, and about ten minutes later, he appeared with a black Q10. Really aggravated me when I asked him if he had any white units and he said, "No, those are for the online customers, all we have is black phones".

Three reps came over and told me I was the first customer to buy a Q10 in their store today, and that was noon!
    06-10-13 11:14 PM