I'm a verizon customer not but was on t-mobile for over 10 years before that just got sick of their lack og 4G/LTE coverage and general coverage where ever I traveled. Verizon seems to have the best high speed coverage on all the areas I need to be compared to all the other carriers. Its also the only carrier whose coverage works no matter the location whether I'm in a building, elevator, parking garage etc etc while at home. Right now I'm using a Droid Razer Maxx for work and an iPhone5 for personal use. My company awhile back dumped BES in place of Good Technology which was one of the reasons I gave up my Bold 3G on T-Mobile before that I had the old blue T-Mobile Curve. I blame the proliferation of the iPhone/iPad among the execs for this.

The two things I dearly miss are the keyboard and multi days long battery life, but with today's smart phones neither seems to be critical to the phone makers anymore. I primarily use my phone for email to download and access MS Office Documents & PDFs and surf websites like gotomeeting and webex. My ideal setup was to combine a keyboard based 4GLTE blackberry phone with super long battery life with a Playbook using bridge so I could use the playbook to attend web conferences/presentations and edit documents while using the phone for text and voice messaging. My old curve could almost go 3days to a week with out charging. Used to be able to do it all with my trusty blackberry.

I've been waiting for something like the Q10 for along time but now my dream of a Q10/Playbook combo seems diminished for now and now I understand that the US carriers like Verizon are having issues supporting the Q10 and Z10 OS. Also I'm not sure if my IT group will go back to BES or stay with Good.

I'm tempted to go the WindowsPhone8/Surface option but none of the combos have the same connectivity as BB link. My other option is to just go with a Phablet like the Note2 as a single solution or find a tablet that has cellular phone call capability like the ASUS. And I have a surface just haven't seen a windows phone with a keyboard and great battery life yet. And I don't hotspot off my phone as it chews up all my bandwidth so I have to use a separate unlimited Clear 4G modem for my tablet/laptops.

So should I just continue to wait for now for Verizon to get its act togethor as well as blackberry and the Playbook or is that dream long gone at this point.

I would like just one or two devices max to do everything at high speed efficinetly. And Voice over IP is not a solution either especially for work calls.

so honestly with the state of the US Carriers and BB now
    Is it a good time or should I wait and avoid the frustration of a Verizon BB
    06-21-13 12:15 PM
    I switched from T-Mobile to Verizon and have been extremely happy. Coverage is amazing in my area. You don't need BES anymore--just connect via EAS. What are you referring to regarding "trouble supporting" the OS by Verizon?
    06-21-13 12:19 PM