Hello,

My name is Tyler and I just got my Q10 and I love it. Its fast and sleek. Simple and beautiful. I know I have read a lot on the Engineering Screen. So here is the catch, it doesn't work on mine. I mean it does however, I can't enter the code I have generated through apps etc. Maybe I don't know how? I have a 10.1.0.4189 software Q10. Anyone know anything about this? I have tried sideloading apps and everything. Nothing works. I have Verizon and unlimited data and I really need my BB to be a hotspot. I live in the middle of nowhere and have always used my phone for everything. Any info shall help folks!

-TyDFick
    01-06-14 11:47 AM
    Yeah, buy the mobile hotspot feature from Verizon. Your unlimited data plan does not allow for unlimited hotspot. Never has, never will.
    01-06-14 12:04 PM
    See, I use about 65GB - 90GB a month. Lol There has to be something out there.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 02:14 PM
    Not legally, I don't think.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 03:48 PM
    A hacked android phone with a custom OS will work, and generally Verizon will leave you alone subject to their discretion. I have not seen any BB10 solution. Verizon is getting a little tough about how you keep and use the unlimited data (I had 4 of them).
    01-06-14 08:41 PM
    A hacked android phone with a custom OS will work, and generally Verizon will leave you alone subject to their discretion. I have not seen any BB10 solution. Verizon is getting a little tough about how you keep and use the unlimited data (I had 4 of them).
    Again, it is possible on BB10, but not legally. I can't post the instructions but as OP has stated, there are threads about it in the forums.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 08:44 PM
    Just be aware that if Vzn catches you, you will have to pay for the data from the Hotspot. And data off plan is very expensive. And it will likely be retroactive. I have seen people get billed for thousands of dollars.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    01-06-14 09:10 PM
    What makes the billing part better is the fact they can't legally prove it is a hotspot but only data being used. I did it with my Android non-stop. Literally. I'd appreciate a link of something I have not read already. I don't really wanna switch back to my android..

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 10:38 PM
    I would check the TOS on unlimited data to make sure there isn't an abnormal high use clause.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    01-06-14 10:48 PM
    What makes the billing part better is the fact they can't legally prove it is a hotspot but only data being used. I did it with my Android non-stop. Literally. I'd appreciate a link of something I have not read already. I don't really wanna switch back to my android..

Posted via CB10
    Eliminating carrier tethering/hotspot restrictions using e-screens
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=9742659

And I agree with waterfrontmgmt, they may not be able to track where the data is going (then again, maybe they can, since AT&T seemed proficient at it with the Bridge app for the PlayBook), but you should certainly check to ensure that you won't be held liable for hot spot usage. Especially with your data volumes (SN: not to judge or anything, but those numbers are pretty excessive...)

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 10:54 PM