http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/05/politi...l?c=homepage-t

For all American phone calls between April 25 2013 to July 19 2013

Sry to double post, but wanted to get the word out to.more ppl.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 11:26 PM
    Kevin or Blaze Plz make this front page news to warn all Verizon customers.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 11:28 PM
    Yeah a lot of stuff that the government has been doing lately freaks me out. This, attacks on the press, cover ups, multiple IRS and EPA problrms... it's pretty bad right now.
    06-05-13 11:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    Warn implies that there's anything that can be done.
    rthonpm likes this.
    06-05-13 11:29 PM
    Warn implies that there's anything that can be done.
    Yeah customers should not make any calls or be very very very limited in calls.

I am Canadian so it does not affect me, but I disagree with them in the USA to have all American calls, why not just get the ones for the ppl the USA government thinks is an issue and not all customers?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 11:44 PM
    They can listen in on my phone calls any day. Can't be anything more boring than that LoL

Posted via CB10 on my B@d@ss Z10
    CMcRob and grumpyaeroguy like this.
    06-05-13 11:47 PM
    The FBI, CIA and NSA have been listening in on any cell phone call for years that contain certain key words. Now they're just telling people that they're doing it.

06-05-13 11:49 PM
    The FBI, CIA and NSA have been listening in on any cell phone call for years that contain certain key words. Now they're just telling people that they're doing it.

Actually, they are not "telling" us anything. This is another leak...
    06-06-13 12:20 AM
    I don't care if the government looks into the activities of someone whom they legitimately suspect of having ties to terrorism, but I don't get this blanket order for every call made through Verizon in that time period... Do they suspect that every Verizon customer is a terrorist???
    06-06-13 12:24 AM
    Actually, they are not "telling" us anything. This is another leak...
    The Patriot Act was hardly a leak. That's when they started telling America that they were listening and Data Mining.

06-06-13 12:31 AM
    I don't care if the government looks into the activities of someone whom they legitimately suspect of having ties to terrorism, but I don't get this blanket order for every call made through Verizon in that time period... Do they suspect that every Verizon customer is a terrorist???
    You know those Verizon customers are sketchy.

djmm2 likes this.
    06-06-13 12:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    If you think it's only Verizon, you're sadly mistaken. Don't most people assume the government is already listening anyways? I mean, they even have a list of words that homeland security monitors on social networks. I'm not wanting to get political so I'll just say governments in general, are violating your rights each and every single day. They pretty much come right out tell you that, especially the US, when they introduced the patriot act. Sorry for getting all tin foil hat on ya but... ya. They're in your Skype messages, they're tapping your phone lines, they're reading your Twitter and lurking on your Facebook.
    06-06-13 12:39 AM
    This news is very concerning. Not because the government is doing what it can in concern with national security, but because this was supposedly a secret court document. They have completely failed to keep it secret so now how good is it?
    06-06-13 08:18 AM
    I wonder if this is related to the Verizon phones rebooting? In other words when the phone calls home to Verizon to send some data, the process is tripping the sanity monitor of the phone and forcing a reboot.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 08:25 AM
    I don't care. There is no personally identifiable data. Just numbers and minutes. No names, no locations. If it saves our country from even one attack, I'm all for it.
    06-06-13 08:42 AM
    If you think it's only Verizon, you're sadly mistaken. Don't most people assume the government is already listening anyways? I mean, they even have a list of words that homeland security monitors on social networks. I'm not wanting to get political so I'll just say governments in general, are violating your rights each and every single day. They pretty much come right out tell you that, especially the US, when they introduced the patriot act. Sorry for getting all tin foil hat on ya but... ya. They're in your Skype messages, they're tapping your phone lines, they're reading your Twitter and lurking on your Facebook.
    but are they reading our BBMs?
    06-06-13 09:22 AM
    I wonder if this is related to the Verizon phones rebooting? In other words when the phone calls home to Verizon to send some data, the process is tripping the sanity monitor of the phone and forcing a reboot.

Posted via CB10
    You also seem to forget that Verizon has a landline business: it's not just mobile phones that this covers...
    06-06-13 09:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    I am sorry but what's there to warn? It's not like you they can do anything about it since it's a court order, which under the Patriot Act that was past right after Sept. 11 makes it all legal.

At least here in the States they still need to get permission from the court whereas place like in the UK, where the government there doesn't need to go to the courts to get permission, they can just do it.
    06-06-13 09:28 AM
    but are they reading our BBMs?
    Lol, BlackBerry says no and history seems to bear that out.
    06-06-13 09:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    You kinda need to think a little outside the obvious and if they are doing that to Verizon then they are doing it to AT&T, T-Mo, sprint and all the others.

When they get their new data center done that will have Petaflop ability with Zetabyte storage to match, they will not just be gathering records of number and where you are but will be recording every single phone conversation and we are paying for the hardware to do it!
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 06-06-13 at 09:59 AM.
    06-06-13 09:47 AM
    Yeah customers should not make any calls or be very very very limited in calls.

I am Canadian so it does not affect me, but I disagree with them in the USA to have all American calls, why not just get the ones for the ppl the USA government thinks is an issue and not all customers?

Posted via CB10
    I am sorry but that isn't realistic. Also if you don't think CSIS isn't do similar things then you're kidding yourself.
    06-06-13 09:47 AM
    As I said in the other forums thread about this story : Yes, it's bad, but not as bad compared to what the American governement has been doing to foreigners for the past 50+ years. I didn't hear you crying about that, or is invasion of privacy a only bad when a British newspaper tells you it's happening to you too ??

Si.
    06-06-13 09:51 AM
    Lol, BlackBerry says no and history seems to bear that out.
    I wonder if its the same deal with imessages, but I have no idea how apple handles them.
    06-06-13 09:52 AM
    I don't care. There is no personally identifiable data. Just numbers and minutes. No names, no locations. If it saves our country from even one attack, I'm all for it.
    Data today and not too long and EVERY phone conversation will also be recorded. They are not building that new data center for the heck of it!
    06-06-13 09:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    LOL! Could be one reason why Canadian Z10 users have less rebooting issues in general.

Posted via CB10 v1.4.2 on my Zed10 10.1.0.273 on Rogers
    06-06-13 09:59 AM
77 123 ...