So I've only had my Q10 for a few days, but I am already having issues. Firstly, I didn't realize that only the native media player can actually output fullscreen over HDMI and it needs specifically encoded video to even do that, AND they need to be on the phone rather than remotely stored. few.

So I can live with having to transfer media to the phone to play it to a TV/Projector, but I can't find a fast way to do that. With Link enabled, the device, even when physically connected to the PC, accesses both the phone storage and SD storage INCREDIBLY slowly. Going from one folder to another takes 5+ seconds. On top of that, attempting to transfer a ~2gb file to either storage was going to take about 8 hours.

So I disabled device connections on the phone, and enabled USB mass storage. I'm immediately prompted in Windows that a drive was connected, but that's about as far as I can get. I can see the root of the SD card, but if I try to open any folder, Windows hangs. The only way to get out of this is to unplug the phone from the PC.

Is this normal?
    12-17-14 09:59 AM
    Try to leave Link out of the equation. Just plug in to the pc, enable usb storage, Let the usb drivers load, and just drag/drop files into the "z" folder, Y folder for the MSD card....takes about 5 minutes for a 1.5 gb movie.....depending on the age/speed of pc...
    12-17-14 10:14 AM
    Try to leave Link out of the equation. Just plug in to the pc, enable usb storage, Let the usb drivers load, and just drag/drop files into the "z" folder, Y folder for the MSD card....takes about 5 minutes for a 1.5 gb movie.....depending on the age/speed of pc...
    Like I said, I tried it that way and it estimated 8 hours and it was incredibly slow just to navigate through folders. I disabled link, enabled USB storage and then I was experiencing Windows locking up when I attempted to navigate through folders.

And I did try this with and without Link enabled on the phone just now. The folder for the SD card locks up and I can't browse it in Windows. It's not a PC issue, I built it less than a year ago.
    12-17-14 10:31 AM
    Did you encrypt your SD card ?
    What size of SD card have you ?
    How did you format it (windows, Linux, mac, phone, no format) ?

That said, if you have both your computer and your phone on the same wi-fi and Link enabled, you can stream video from the File Manager app with the stocked video player and the Play On feature to the HDMI port and beyond...
    12-17-14 04:59 PM
    Did you encrypt your SD card ?
    What size of SD card have you ?
    How did you format it (windows, Linux, mac, phone, no format) ?

That said, if you have both your computer and your phone on the same wi-fi and Link enabled, you can stream video from the File Manager app with the stocked video player and the Play On feature to the HDMI port and beyond...

Even after reencoding a video, the stock video player wouldn't play it. I'll try it again. Still, this USB issue is troublesome.

It's a 32gb SD card, not sure of the formatting, probably NTSC. I previously used it fine in an Android phone, and if I use it in a card reader it works perfectly as well. I'm pretty sure the card came formatted.
    12-17-14 05:20 PM
    Even after reencoding a video, the stock video player wouldn't play it. I'll try it again. Still, this USB issue is troublesome.

It's a 32gb SD card, not sure of the formatting, probably NTSC.
    BB10 plays all the DivX, Xvid, mp4, ... out there. Not in a Matroska container though (.mkv). And for the audio part, stick to mp3.

Always format your card in your phone before using it And I guess you try a lot of codecs to write the beautiful NTSC lapsus
    12-17-14 05:34 PM
    BB10 plays all the DivX, Xvid, mp4, ... out there. Not in a Matroska container though (.mkv). And for the audio part, stick to mp3.

Always format your card in your phone before using it And I guess you try a lot of codecs to write the beautiful NTSC lapsus
    Yea, I found all that out. Really wish USB mass storage would work. Apparently the stock player wont allow me to select "playon" if I stream the video, it only gives me that option at all if the video is on the Q10. Unless there's a way around this?
    12-17-14 06:15 PM