Dear members,
    Just last week Straight Talk resumed selling AT&T SIMs and this time around they support LTE.
    Just pop mine in into Q10 SQN-5(T-Mobile branded,unlocked) and I am happy to report that the LTE is working. I had to change the APN to "tfdata" through escreens:// and switch SIMs via ST website (10 minutes total).
    The sim was $7 with free overnight shipping from their site (discount given at checkout, no code needed).
    Here is a screenshot showing LTE in the upper right with the "HOME" network name and if you look at the active frame of the browser you can see a speed test result - just under 14MB ds and 7 us - more than double what I was getting with HSPA+ at the same locatio
    In USA: Straight Talk AT&T SIM is back and with LTE-img_00000021.png

Posted via CB10

Btw, not sure that this is right section.
    Mack Gans likes this.
    09-18-13 01:41 PM
    Awwww man, wish I was off contract now, didn't got ST because they dropped ATT support. Bet by the time I am off contract they will drop the ATT SIMs again.

Thanks for sharing though, good to know.
    09-18-13 02:21 PM
    Sweet. I'm getting my ST LTE sim delivered today. Glad to see it works on the Q10 as well.
    09-18-13 02:28 PM
    you're getting 6 up? that's impressive!
    09-18-13 02:31 PM
    One thing i've notice so far is when you place a call LTE goes of and data WCDMA is used for data. I am aware that VoLTE is not live yet but I wonder if those with full AT&T service can use LTE data while on call?
    E.G. Is this a hardware limitation of the phone, network limitation with AT&T, or limitation with Straigh Talk?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 04:29 PM
    One thing i've notice so far is when you place a call LTE goes of and data WCDMA is used for data. I am aware that VoLTE is not live yet but I wonder if those with full AT&T service can use LTE data while on call?
    E.G. Is this a hardware limitation of the phone, network limitation with AT&T, or limitation with Straigh Talk?

Posted via CB10
    Never paid attention, just called my voicemail, dropped to FauxG (on fully provisioned ATT plan)
    09-18-13 05:30 PM
    Bad new, MMS no longer works with neither the old APN settings nor the new ones they provided. Still trying to troubleshooting but I am loosing hope.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 09:05 PM
    MMS is not working on my mom's phone either. I hope someone has found a way to fix this.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 03:19 PM
    MMS is not working on my mom's phone either. I hope someone has found a way to fix this.

Posted via CB10
    Which phone? BlackBerry? Or another brand?

Cranky
    09-20-13 05:44 PM
    Which phone? BlackBerry? Or another brand?

Cranky
    Not a blackberry. Unfortunately an iphone. I just came across this and thought there may be a generic fix. It's unlocked and I changed the APN settings already. It worked before but then she got a new SIM after returning to the states from overseas. She can get Data and text but no MMS.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 07:21 PM
    I have been dealing with this for 3 days, nights and days.

Straight Talk support is worse than talking to Siri.

I gave up. I am sure part of the problem is with the fact that I am not able to change all settings (missing APN name in the MMS settings). Damn it BlackBerry, why did u have to lock these settings down.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    09-20-13 08:22 PM
    I am sure part of the problem is with the fact that I am not able to change all settings (missing APN name in the MMS settings). Damn it BlackBerry, why did u have to lock these settings down.

If I'm not mistaken, the inserted SIM may have some effect on whether the APN settings can be changed. (IE it is a carrier-imposed thing)
    09-21-13 11:20 PM
    If I'm not mistaken, the inserted SIM may have some effect on whether the APN settings can be changed. (IE it is a carrier-imposed thing)
    That is correct.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    09-22-13 08:23 AM
    while true, that sim can be change for an iphone and android so what is BB doing to muck up the process
    09-22-13 08:35 AM
    I bet AT&T has something to do with that. When I put a Bell sim card - all settings are unlocked and editable.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    09-22-13 11:59 AM
    I bet AT&T has something to do with that. When I put a Bell sim card - all settings are unlocked and editable.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Maybe that's how/why ST was able to get back with ATT, they made some kind of agreement.
    09-23-13 02:11 PM
    Maybe that's how/why ST was able to get back with ATT, they made some kind of agreement.
    As far as I know, ST stoped selling AT&T sim cards when they found out that people with contract can port to ST and will not be charged ETF. I know a few guys that god free or almost free phones just to be 1 month with AT&T and then switch to ST.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    09-23-13 04:34 PM
    As far as I know, ST stoped selling AT&T sim cards when they found out that people with contract can port to ST and will not be charged ETF. I know a few guys that god free or almost free phones just to be 1 month with AT&T and then switch to ST.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    WOW, any chance you know if that is still the case? For ~$15 I would give it a shot...
    09-23-13 05:45 PM
    WOW, any chance you know if that is still the case? For ~$15 I would give it a shot...
    It has been patched.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    09-23-13 07:53 PM
    okay so how dose this work I pick up a phone from ST
    and put my Sim card in there and it works?
    09-23-13 08:43 PM
    okay so how dose this work I pick up a phone from ST
    and put my Sim card in there and it works?
    While you can definitely do that, usually people do the other way around - order a sim card for your phone, get an account/number with them and enjoy $42.5+tax a month for unlimted talt text and "virtually" limited data to 2gb (no over charges but they will start warning you if you go over).

The service is generaly OK for half the price of AT&T but I wouldn't recomend it if you need Mximum reliability.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    09-23-13 09:22 PM
    While you can definitely do that, usually people do the other way around - order a sim card for your phone, get an account/number with them and enjoy $42.5+tax a month for unlimted talt text and "virtually" limited data to 2gb (no over charges but they will start warning you if you go over).

The service is generaly OK for half the price of AT&T but I wouldn't recomend it if you need Mximum reliability.

T-Mobile had a BYOD plan available only on their website that appeared to offer a similiar deal for $30 plus tax if you don't mind limited voice minutes. (I think 200/mo included) I was considering trying that out for a secondary device.

Now I can't find it on their website.
    09-24-13 03:00 PM
    I have been dealing with this for 3 days, nights and days.

Straight Talk support is worse than talking to Siri.

I gave up. I am sure part of the problem is with the fact that I am not able to change all settings (missing APN name in the MMS settings). Damn it BlackBerry, why did u have to lock these settings down.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    This might help:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ght=locked+apn
    10-21-13 01:41 PM
    FYI:
    I couldn't get MMS to work, my data would stop in congested areas and I had to turn it off/on to work, slow data during a call, and many times my phone wouldn't ring without even letting the other party to leave a voice mail so I switched to:
    AT&T $60(tax included) unlimited smartphone plan with 2 Gb Data.
    The difference is night and day and advice everyone to try it. Quicker PINGs, faster LTE (2-3 times faster).
    However, it was a big hastle to make LTE to work - you have to give them IMEI of an AT&T branded LTE phone otherwise they will not provision it for you.

Symbian, Maemoo, WebOS, MeeGo, Android, iOS, and finally peace with BB10
    11-04-13 07:10 AM
    It has been patched.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Where are you getting your information that it's been patched? I'm reading on other forums that people are still porting from att to straight talk without etf even now. Just wanted to know for sure.
    11-25-13 07:49 PM
29 12