Judging by the fact this releases May 1st in Canada, and ever single review has show the device with AT&T branding why would the device take an additional month to release in the US?

Note: U.S. pricing and availability for the Q10 hasn't been announced yet. It is expected to launch in early May on AT&T and other carriers for around $249.-Taken from the ABC news review is it possible it comes out in a couple weeks in the US as opposed to a month?
    04-24-13 03:47 PM
    Every review so far have quoted that the Q10 will launch in the US "by the end of May." Which means we can narrow it down to between May 1 and May 31, lol.
    Suhailone likes this.
    04-24-13 03:48 PM
    I am feeling a May 1 pre-order just to make a splash.
    04-24-13 03:51 PM
    I have said it before and I will say it again. Screw Blackberry for making us wait on their phones and getting it after the rest of the world. Friggin insulting in my opinion and totally obnoxious. And btw, in May means specifically at the end of May. I can guarantee you that.

And in addition, do not try to bs me with the statement that it is up to the carriers to decide when to launch. It is too much of a coincidence that all the carriers in a country launch at the exact same time give or take a few days. Blackberry arranged this irritating scenario for whatever reason. I am guessing that it has something to do with the level of inventory they wanted to commit and the corresponding working capital. Thorsten Heins is a liar if he says otherwise.
    Suhailone likes this.
    04-24-13 03:52 PM
    Lol
    Maybe they do it to get cash from us stupid Americans who buy unlocked

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 05:59 PM
    I have said it before and I will say it again. Screw Blackberry for making us wait on their phones and getting it after the rest of the world. Friggin insulting in my opinion and totally obnoxious. And btw, in May means specifically at the end of May. I can guarantee you that.

And in addition, do not try to bs me with the statement that it is up to the carriers to decide when to launch. It is too much of a coincidence that all the carriers in a country launch at the exact same time give or take a few days. Blackberry arranged this irritating scenario for whatever reason. I am guessing that it has something to do with the level of inventory they wanted to commit and the corresponding working capital. Thorsten Heins is a liar if he says otherwise.
    Honestly, I hate having to wait as much as anyone, but in the end, what is a month? Wait a month after that and do you still remember the month wait compared to other countries? Seriously, it sucks but it's no reason to get your panties all in a bunch over it... But you also have to look at it this way, BB is doing much better overseas than it is over here. There is something companies have to keep in mind and that's the whole concept of supply and demand. People here in the US seem to care more about what's "cool" and what's in style when it comes to technology than in other countries it seems. That's why you see here everyone and their mothers have the same exact devices, everyone listens to the same trendy music, everyone follows the same trends (planking, then gangnam style, then harlem shake, etc.)... There really is no individuality any more, and unfortunately that's bad for BB because they're not the "hot new thing" now...
    04-24-13 06:01 PM
    I am pissed too, but what's the point? Let's just make ourselves happy watching Q10 reviews for a month. Oh man! I'm dying here!

Posted via CB10
    Suhailone, nighthawks and SK122387 like this.
    04-24-13 07:00 PM
    stop bashing Blackberry for US carrier release dates. The carrier decides when they want to release a phone. Since we have seen videos with a Q10 with ATT branding, we know they are already made and ready to ship. the carrier will decide how fast they want it in customers hands. All the US carriers are falling over themselves to get the latest HTC and S4 out to the masses to be thinking about BB users.

At least ATT, TMO, and Verizon customers know they will have the phones by the end of may/early june. those of us on Sprint, have to wait till "later this year" whatever the hell that means.
    04-24-13 09:31 PM
    Me thinks the Sprint customers won't have a long wait for the Q10. Now for a touch screen BB10 device might as well wait on the A series. Sprint made the right call waiting on the BB10 OS to catch up to primetime status.

Posted via CB10
    devastationinc likes this.
    04-24-13 09:51 PM
    Ive read with T mobile small business you can pre-order on 4/29. In addition to my earlier post, I say Sprint will release first.
    04-24-13 09:57 PM
    It surprises me that AT&T will probably be the first U.S. Carrier to release the Q10. It also surprised me that they were the first to release the Z10 as well. I thought they stopped caring about BlackBerry phones a long time ago... It took ages for them to release the 9900.
    04-24-13 10:45 PM
    I really don't think it's BlackBerry's fault for the late launch of their phones compared to Europe/everywhere else.

Americans dumped their BlackBerrys so fast, so the carriers probably looked at how the Z10 fared around the world, to see if there were any major issues, etc., before they launched it. Look at the battery drain issue at first. Everywhere but the United States had the issue because they had the phone first, and by the time the Z10 came to us in the U.S., the issue was resolved. Carriers avoided a bunch of returned Z10s and also avoided having to deal with p1ssed off customers.

Are we mad that we have to wait? Yep. But I'm sure carriers would rather us be mad at the wait than mad because of an issue with the software because they launched it before it was "ready."
    impex4 and djslam like this.
    04-25-13 12:00 AM
    Ive read with T mobile small business you can pre-order on 4/29. In addition to my earlier post, I say Sprint will release first.
    as a sprint customer i hope your right....but i doubt it will happen

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    04-25-13 05:26 AM
    Has anyone ordered the Q10 from Canada? I'm thinking about doing that. If the US carriers don't want my money, that is fine with me.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 08:13 AM
    I know the "US" pricing has been slated at $250, but are we sure if that's all carriers, or maybe just AT&T as a launch carrier? I'm selling my Galaxy Note 2 right now(I have a back up phone, but I want to get a better resale value right now) in anticipation of jumping from Sprint to Verizon where I will probably pick up a Q10. I've waited a long time for a new BlackBerry that was actually new, so a couple of months won't matter to much to me. I'm aiming for a July/August time frame. Hopefully by that time it will be discounted on Amazon enough, though a $199 stating price on Verizon would mean a better price on Amazon too($99 instead of $150).
    04-25-13 08:18 AM
    It surprises me that AT&T will probably be the first U.S. Carrier to release the Q10. It also surprised me that they were the first to release the Z10 as well. I thought they stopped caring about BlackBerry phones a long time ago... It took ages for them to release the 9900.
    I think part of it just has to do with the compatibility with the Canadian carriers, Rogers in particular. Verizon's network is essentially unique to the world from a Band and CDMA/LTE perspective. There probably actually is less network testing for AT&T vs Verizon on these devices since a lot of the test units as the devices are being made and tested at Waterloo are AT&T compatible.
    04-25-13 08:20 AM