Worst case scenario is to restore from your latest Blackberry Protect Backup done on your previous BB device. That's what i did, i went back to February in date since i dumped my 9900 to a Z10 but at least i have something till this gets fixed (if it ever will).

Hope that helps.

For some reason my contacts are no longer on Blackberry protect....I am so screwed...no contacts/no password keeper...starting to think I shouldn't rely on BB to move forward
    07-12-13 06:13 PM
    I was facing the same problem and couldn't restore the backup. Re-installing the leaked OS couple of times worked for me. I could restore the backup in my Z10.Big relief. Lesson learned: don't load leaked OS anymore.
    Somewhat the Z10/Q10 and blackberry link give lot problem with backup/restore unlike the OS7.0. I rarely had these kind of silly issues with my BB9900/9700.
    Not good for BB fans..
    07-13-13 10:46 AM
    Had the same problem.

Lost all my contacts and appointments (the more important data lost compared to app and etc).

Spent the first 8hours trying to fix it and eventually gave up. Settled with what I could get and tried to recall my appointments.

BlackBerry link should be renamed to BlackBerry Broken Link. It's not functional like how it should be..

Posted via CB10
    Ruhull likes this.
    07-13-13 02:41 PM
    I'm facing the same problem with my Z10
    I have NEVER INSTALLED LEAKS, only official upgrades.. backed up from 10.1.0.273 and RESTORING ON THE SAME only after the wipe
    Tried all USB ports, several wipes, hard reboots to both of my PC and z10, reinstalled Windows on my laptop, tried with SIM card inserted and removed, different USB cables, on Mac laptop, but still saying..
    tried SEVERAL backup files from which were all successful just like the last one within the past few weeks..
    TRIED PARTIAL AND FULL RESTORE... but still no hope..
    finally accepted the situation but tried to solve it the hard way, so I decided to look for a way to extract the backup files that I have, but unfortunately I found no software that is able to extract my backup file in the whole internet..
    then came back here to find a solution but still nothing although I have already tried all of your suggestions except for upgrading my device to a leaked version, although I believe that the cause of this issue is not the installing leaked OS..
    I have lost EVERYTHING!!!
    I'm completely DISCONNECTED!!! and LOST!!!

Anyone here finds a solution please post it here.. because I think that this issue will not be solved before the release of OS 10.2
    one more thing I forgot to mention...
    Sometimes my device reboots when trying to restore..
    I'm completely DISAPPOINTED!!
    I used to love blackberry desktop software, but now Blackberry link is the most hated thing I've ever installed on my laptop!!
    not happy to see lots of you in the same ship ... It's a nightmare when you have everything on your mobile then you lose it because you trusted the guard!!
    Thanks in advance,
    07-14-13 12:12 AM
    Same here, it really frustrated me a lot. The BlackBerry Link UI is also confusing. > <

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 03:31 AM
    Damn, I have this same issue as well and the bad thing is there is no one single solution found on the net, not even on the Blackberry Support Forum! Come on blackberry, losing hope on you guys now, no wonder people are saying this company is going down the drain. How can you convince people to buy and use your products if the quality is so poor? Blackberry was once a brand of quality and reliability and now it has gone backwards. What is the point of having Blackberry Link if it cannot even do a proper backup and restore? All half-baked products released to users! Disappointed big time! How can businesses use blackberry product like this?
    07-14-13 08:29 AM
    Try reloading the OS, which worked for me.
    07-14-13 01:55 PM
    I just tried upgrading to 10.1.0.4651 to see if I can restore any of my older z10 backups (.24xx) ...but no luck
    07-18-13 05:49 PM
    I thought that BB Protect did not back up BB10 contacts and calendar?
    This is the first thread I've seen with this many issues and no fixes! Scary!
    Mecca released a new leaked OS today and his releases are usually-actually always--solid and trouble free. I'd check out the leaked forum page on his release and post for solutions on there. The link is: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...evices-829892/
    07-18-13 06:13 PM
    guys,
    when i choose what to restore like, Apps, media or settings,

only media restoring is not completing, the rest is okay
    07-19-13 08:55 AM
    there is no solution of this problem
    i have tried on 6 pcs of Q-10
    07-20-13 11:30 AM
    There's a step-by-step procedure on how to backup/restore which i haven't tried as i'm really frustrated from this problem and seriously don't want to touch my phone in terms of upgrades!

I used to be an up-to-date freak when it comes to OS versions but now, i'm just stuck with the version i have although it's having a bit of problems lately.

Anyhow, just sharing the link, maybe it works for some of you:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...issues-829372/
    koolaje likes this.
    07-21-13 06:47 AM
    @kareem that link worked for me in solving my problem when restoring. Thanks a bunch !
    07-23-13 01:52 PM
    The same **** happening right here!!

Blackberry: Screw you!
    07-26-13 04:45 PM
    Have you got it working? I am having this problem and have been stucked for 38 hours, I have too many important data in it. Please do help! Thanksss

I have tried everything,:
    - Restoring partially
    - Wiping OS
    - Reinstall BB Link
    - Donwgrade OS and update it again.

The only thing I haven't done is PRAYING

Just a thought if you have important data on your device why risk it installing a unofficial leaked os?

Play with the bull long enough and you'll get the horns.
    07-27-13 01:28 AM
    Just a thought if you have important data on your device why risk it installing a unofficial leaked os?

Play with the bull long enough and you'll get the horns.

It happens on the official ones as well....I think BB Link creates corrupted backup files that it can't restore later.
    08-01-13 01:49 PM
    Any luck for you guys out there who are trying to restore the backup file? I've been searching for solution for 2 days but ended up with no luck. Guess i've to accept that my backup file didnt work and start all from the beginning
    08-03-13 03:38 AM
    hi people , i hope i get a quick response ... i chose the thread cos of the topic instead of starting a new thread since it looks like a good heading for my problem....
    i bought a z10 as soon as it was released in my country , i backed it up on blackberrry link, a few days after that it got stolen, im still on the process of recovering it so i bought a nw Q10 instead , hoping that id get to restore my data back up unto the q10, to my disappointment, it keps coming back with an error message , it reads something like "incompatible device software" the message is that the data im trying to load is of a higher version than device im trying to restore to..so i had to look for wifi hotspots to cionnect to, eventually i found one took about 5hours for the download to comlete, after this long wait , during installation at about 99 percent of installation , it told me the installationm was disrupted , that was spome fruastratiing shi, ive not been able to put myself through that ordeal again, so im wondering if theres any other way i can solve this issue that you know of,, no help is small please
    2ADAD384 Thats my pin
    08-03-13 11:45 AM
    I'm having the same problem right now. I upgraded to the 10.1 MR and tried restoring my backup files, however it won't get past 0%, and then my phone restarts.

I then upgraded to the leak 10.2 in hopes that it'll get fixed, but then BB Link freezes my computer.

So I downgraded back to 10.1.2342, BB link doesn't freeze anymore, however my restore can't get past 0% (I've tried restoring from a backup last night, and a backup from May and it still doesn't work). Tried this on both computers and no luck (both are Windows 8).

I've tried factory resetting the phones also and it doesn't work also.
    08-04-13 05:41 PM
    Blackberry Link sucks! I have tried everything and wasted so many days. don't trust that software. forget all your backup and start from the beginning.
    08-05-13 04:43 AM
    Another reason why I never try out leaks. I wait for the official updates, only takes some patience and grateful i'm not experiencing such problems as OP now. Good luck with the restore.

CB10 - Q10
    08-05-13 05:18 AM
    Another reason why I never try out leaks. I wait for the official updates, only takes some patience and grateful i'm not experiencing such problems as OP now. Good luck with the restore.

CB10 - Q10
    It has nothing to do with leaks.

I initially upgraded to the official MR and couldn't restore, then I was left with no option but to upgrade to the 10.2 leak in hopes that I could restore, which I still can't...
    08-05-13 02:12 PM
    hi guys, this is a serious problems. really putting ppl off supposedly 'important' upgrades.
    here's what i do each time i have to upgrade any Q or Z in my shop.
    i reload the OS again. after initial setup i open bbm. wait 5-10mins depending on the amount of ppl in bbm ctcs.
    plug in the bb. open link, WAIT 5mins. before clicking restore.
    this method works most of the time for me. but it also fails me countless times.
    at least i can restore ppl's data back.

* NB: Funny thing is, after 1 unsuccessful restore, it will always fail no matter what you try to do. you have to rerun the autoloader and retry the whole thing. sigh
    08-05-13 05:55 PM
    Edit (08.06.2013):

Had the same problem with Leaked 10.2.0.1047 and this time downgrade - re-upgrade didn't worked so I tried to restore my device while 10.2.0.1047 loaded to factory settings and now BlackBerry Link restoring my device to my latest backup.

Not sure what's wrong with BlackBerry Link but makin' us crazy sometimes...
    For me unfortunately, I tried your steps but no luck. This is incredibly frustrating. I (again) uninstalled/reinstalled Link, re-installed the 10.1 MR and the 10.2 Leak but still no luck on restoring my old back up files.

However before I upgraded to the 10.2 leak I did a test backup, and was able to restore this new one. The new backup I did off a fresh install of the 10.1 MR was only 116mb, while my old backup is over 5gb. Makes me wonder if it's a file size issue, however I've never had any issues with restoring large BB files.
    08-06-13 11:10 PM
    I too had bad experience with BlackBerry Link. It does restore the backup I took before upgrade to 10.2 leak on my Q10.

I took a full backup for my Z10 last night and restored it immediately to the same device after the backup completed. BlackBerry Link did complete the restore, but not all data are intact- I have reenter password for all email accounts, some note in Remember missing, contact are not in original setting, etc... I find BlackBerry desktop works much better.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 11:21 PM
84 1234