I reverted back to 2342 instead of the leaked ones and the restore still problematic.
    I thought 4285 is the culprit since if you looked it up at OS info (About>Category>OS), it doesn't have software release info, but since I reverted the software back and still can't restore. I guess the BB Link is the one to blame.

URGENT HELP - Blackberry Link is not restoring my backup on Q10!-img_00000001.png

EDIT: The leaked OS perhaps the one to blame? I reloaded my Q10 (again) with the leaked OS 4285 autoloader after I reverted it to 2342 and try to restore it again with BlackBerry Link (I'm not forgetting to enter Blackberry ID and open BBM first)... suddenly it works!

Current fix that I can give perhaps to reload your Q10 OS again (or revert it to previous version and reinstall the leaked ones again) and try to restore from BB Link.
    Last edited by ERFrizki; 06-18-13 at 02:39 AM.
    06-18-13 12:27 AM
    I reverted back to 2342 instead of the leaked ones and the restore still problematic.
    I thought 4285 is the culprit since if you looked it up at OS info (About>Category>OS), it doesn't have software release info, but since I reverted the software back and still can't restore. I guess the BB Link is the one to blame.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000001.png 
Views:	974 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	173370

EDIT: The leaked OS perhaps the one to blame? I reloaded my Q10 (again) with the leaked OS 4285 autoloader after I reverted it to 2342 and try to restore it again with BlackBerry Link (I'm not forgetting to enter Blackberry ID and open BBM first)... suddenly it works!

Current fix that I can give perhaps to reload your Q10 OS again (or revert it to previous version and reinstall the leaked ones again) and try to restore from BB Link.
    Thanks for the tip. I've already tried to do so yesterday with no luck....
    06-18-13 03:44 AM
    Still no one in the forum can help?

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 08:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    It is a known problem.
    06-20-13 08:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    We have been making suggestions, apparently without success. Contact your carrier who should forward you to BlackBerry Tech Support for a work around.

I kinda expect BlackBerry to tell you that you shouldn't have installed ANY leak on your phone, though. It is really use at your OWN risk. For this reason alone, I never load alpha, beta, or leaks on my phone.

Posted via CB10 v1.4.2 on my Zed10 10.1.0.273 on Rogers
    06-20-13 10:22 AM
    I've the same problem. I backed up my Q10 with official OS was installed and had the problem, I think it's BlackBerry Link issue !!!

Post Via Q10
    Last edited by ebt; 06-20-13 at 02:51 PM.
    06-20-13 10:46 AM
    I think we have to wait for this bug to be fixed.
    06-20-13 11:50 AM
    I'm having the same issue, upgrading from 2342 to 4285. However, I was able to restore my backup when I reverted back to 2342. Also, I could restore the new backup (33MB) that I made under 4285 as well. Not sure what is going on but I guess it's 4285 fault.

Edit: Now restoring under 2342 doesn't work anymore. This is mind boggling!! It's Link then.

I create a log file, and found this error

Code:
    21:56:17.232|DEBUG|62|Rim.Desktop.Services.Device|0|[QNXCategoryReader::Read:] Start to read data from BlackBerry backup file ( size: 1367005124 ).
    21:56:18.342|ERROR|62|Rim.Desktop.Services.Device|0|[QNXCategoryReader::Read]  BBRestore::Read( s, fSize ) Exception: System.IO.IOException: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
       at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
       at System.Net.Security._SslStream.StartWriting(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
       at System.Net.Security._SslStream.ProcessWrite(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
       at System.Net.TlsStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
       at System.Net.PooledStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
       at System.Net.ConnectStream.InternalWrite(Boolean async, Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Net.ConnectStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
       at QNXCategoryReader.Read(Stream s, Int64 fileSize)
    21:56:18.342|ERROR|62|Rim.Desktop.Services.ControlChannelWebClient|0|[Desktop Error] WebClient::SendCommand - RestoreSendFile Impossible to retrieve response from the server - An ERROR occurred: i.e connection closed by the server, Web or general exception in the Web client, etc: SendLargeFile - Exception occured:
    Description: You must write ContentLength bytes to the request stream before calling [Begin]GetResponse.
    Detailled info: You must write ContentLength bytes to the request stream before calling [Begin]GetResponse.
    So there is a problem sending the backup file over to the device... And what's the deal with WebClient?? Is that the device itself, or Link was trying to connect to some remote server?
    Last edited by vntuan; 06-24-13 at 10:46 PM.
    06-24-13 09:52 PM
    What's frustrating is that Blackberry didn't even bother to reply back on this issue when i posted in their forums.

I even tweeted @BlackberryHelp several times with no response......
    06-25-13 07:06 AM
    Have you got it working? I am having this problem and have been stucked for 38 hours, I have too many important data in it. Please do help! Thanksss

I have tried everything,:
    - Restoring partially
    - Wiping OS
    - Reinstall BB Link
    - Donwgrade OS and update it again.

The only thing I haven't done is PRAYING
    06-25-13 09:53 PM
    Have you got it working? I am having this problem and have been stucked for 38 hours, I have too many important data in it. Please do help! Thanksss

I have tried everything,:
    - Restoring partially
    - Wiping OS
    - Reinstall BB Link
    - Donwgrade OS and update it again.

The only thing I haven't done is PRAYING
    Nop, it didn't work and i don't believe it will until the BB Link gets updated and perhaps with another leak?

For me, i've switched from 9900 to Z10 back in Feb so basically the last 'cloud' backup made through the BB protect was in Feb. I restored this one so i had 90% of my contacts back. As for the media, most of it is stored on the media card so that didn't affect me much.. Would love to restore the latest stuff that were stored on the device itself though...

One important thing i couldn't get back is the text messages (which also went back to Feb).

So the least you can do is restore your data back to the latest BB protect backup you had (i hope you do have one at least), reconfigure your settings ofcourse and simply wait for Blackberry to sympathize with us and solve the problem!

Good luck and let me know if you need any assistance in the above. Should be a straight forward thing though, just login with your BB ID on your device, go to Blackberry Protect (under Settings), turn it on (if it's not already) and click on restore below - you MUST be logged in using the same BB ID you've had on your old device, otherwise, you'll end up with nothing.

Cheers
    06-26-13 08:42 AM
    damn...i am in the same boat...can't live without the data on my backup file....
    07-06-13 12:40 AM
    damn...i am in the same boat...can't live without the data on my backup file....

If I make a backup now, I can restore it...but I cannot restore my older back up files. I tried messing with Manifest.xml and tar files inside .bbb file to at least retrieve something manually, but that didn't work.

Even replaced tar files one by one....with no luck
    07-06-13 12:42 AM
    Had the same problem with my Q10 today.

I load leaked 10.1.0.4543 and problem started. Security wipe, restarts etc didn't worked so I downgraded to 10.1.0.4537 and problem was also there after re upgrading to 10.1.0.4543 now I'm able to restore my device. It's on %55 while I'm typing was stuck @ %0 before.

Edit: %92 and continues...

Edit: Completed...

-----------------

Edit (08.06.2013):

Had the same problem with Leaked 10.2.0.1047 and this time downgrade - re-upgrade didn't worked so I tried to restore my device while 10.2.0.1047 loaded to factory settings and now BlackBerry Link restoring my device to my latest backup.

Not sure what's wrong with BlackBerry Link but makin' us crazy sometimes...
    Last edited by rroyy; 08-06-13 at 06:26 AM.
    07-06-13 03:12 PM
    Had the same problem with my Q10 today.

I load leaked 10.1.0.4543 and problem started. Security wipe, restarts etc didn't worked so I downgraded to 10.1.0.4537 and problem was also there after re upgrading to 10.1.0.4543 now I'm able to restore my device. It's on %55 while I'm typing was stuck @ %0 before.

Edit: %92 and continues...

Edit: Completed...

K I'll try to reload my OS...hopefully I can restore mine, fingers and toes crossed!!
    07-07-13 01:13 PM
    K I'll try to reload my OS...hopefully I can restore mine, fingers and toes crossed!!
    I hope it works for you @iririr but reloading many OS didn't work for me, i downgraded, upgraded, official, leaked.... with no luck!

Fingers crossed it works for you though
    07-08-13 01:36 AM
    I hope it works for you @iririr but reloading many OS didn't work for me, i downgraded, upgraded, official, leaked.... with no luck!

Fingers crossed it works for you though
    Nope it didn't work for me either...I tried it several times
    07-08-13 03:05 AM
    Same here. Downgraded, was same. Upgraded again, and worked fine. Was all day trying to fix though.

Only thing I did different is allow "location and log files" or whatever its called during setup last time round.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 04:34 AM
    Same here. Downgraded, was same. Upgraded again, and worked fine. Was all day trying to fix though.

Only thing I did different is allow "location and log files" or whatever its called during setup last time round.

Posted via CB10
    Can you think of anything else you might've done differently...I tried your suggestion but still the same....which OS version is your back up and which OS did you load?

Thanks
    07-08-13 01:54 PM
    I got problem restoring data after I upgraded my OS... tried on both Z10 when I upgrade.. What is the point of having BlackBerry Link backing up its data when it failed to restore data... FAIL!
    07-10-13 03:50 AM
    I got problem restoring data after I upgraded my OS... tried on both Z10 when I upgrade.. What is the point of having BlackBerry Link backing up its data when it failed to restore data... FAIL!
    Join the 'Frustration Club' mate!
    07-10-13 04:44 AM
    Join the 'Frustration Club' mate!
    Literally became a laughing stock from Android and Apple colleagues of mine!
    07-10-13 05:57 AM
    I'm afraid not.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 01:22 PM
    How do I restore contacts? Everything else is immaterial! I have Q10 and I cannot do partial restore also. I am screwed.
    07-11-13 01:06 AM
    How do I restore contacts? Everything else is immaterial! I have Q10 and I cannot do partial restore also. I am screwed.
    Worst case scenario is to restore from your latest Blackberry Protect Backup done on your previous BB device. That's what i did, i went back to February in date since i dumped my 9900 to a Z10 but at least i have something till this gets fixed (if it ever will).

Hope that helps.
    07-11-13 05:33 AM
84 1234