I havent reciewed 10.3.1 yet, should I be happy about that?

atleastillgettokeepflash

Posted via the best phone evarrrrrr!
    03-03-15 01:07 AM
    I havent reciewed 10.3.1 yet, should I be happy about that?

atleastillgettokeepflash

Posted via the best phone evarrrrrr!
    Consider installing a leak instead. I added .2243 on my Q using sachesi and I didn't get any of the obnoxious bugs everyone's talking about.

And yeah, flash is nice to have, not sure why they got rid of it in 10.3 when most websites still use it...

 Once you go BlackBerry you never go back...Berry 
    03-03-15 05:25 AM
    Consider installing a leak instead. I added .2243 on my Q using sachesi and I didn't get any of the obnoxious bugs everyone's talking about.

And yeah, flash is nice to have, not sure why they got rid of it in 10.3 when most websites still use it...

I have used autoloader and installed .2267 so far its working like a charm

blackberry get rid of flash due to adobe or whoever provided it, because they stopped developing it

P.S. sorry for my english

Posted via my Q10 running 10.3.1.something
    zombiecupcake likes this.
    03-03-15 12:09 PM
    It's funny how people ***** here on crackberry but don't take a minute to report the glitches to blackberry support who actually will consider your problems and fix it for the next update

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 09:16 AM
    It's funny how people ***** here on crackberry but don't take a minute to report the glitches to blackberry support who actually will consider your problems and fix it for the next update
    You don't follow the threads in the Leaked OS forum?

Neither does BBRY!!!

Many bugs have been there since leaked 10.3.xxxx started doing rounds - and - stayed in the final official release.

 Q5 / Z30
    lift likes this.
    03-04-15 09:28 AM
    You don't follow the threads in the Leaked OS forum?

Neither does BBRY!!!

Many bugs have been there since leaked 10.3.xxxx started doing rounds - and - stayed in the final official release.

 Q5 / Z30
    Many of these bugs have been around in the 10.3.xxx leaks and I guess BlackBerry either "didn't know about them" or just ignored them assuming we didn't know how to use our devices properly. Why else would BlackBerry release an official update with so many problems?
    Don't get me wrong. I love BlackBerry and my BlackBerry devices. But this "update" has a lot of issues and if you really look into it, you will see that there are some bugs that have rendered some devices UN-usable.
    CrackBerry forums would be a gold mine of information for BlackBerry if they actually had some of their QA/QC people read the forums looking for threads about problems. But as can be reasonably construed, BlackBerry has it's head in the sand and seems to be spending more time making apps and other types of software for android, IOS and Windows devices.
    03-04-15 10:52 AM
    So using v.2243 you are having no problems with your notification volumes? I can live with most things but not the volume bug - I need to hear my Q10.
    Are other Q10 users having the same good experience with this version or higher?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 05:07 PM
    OS 2243 and low volume notifications here.
    lift and mushroom_daddy like this.
    03-04-15 05:20 PM
    I just downloaded a 10.2.1 autoloader for my Q10, and although it'll be a shame not to have a few of the new features, 10.3.1 just isn't right for me right now. In my case, I've run into a few serious problems, and then numerous bugs on top of that. All of that can be fixed if BlackBerry gets serious about it. However, the one thing that can't be fixed is the direction they've taken their UI design. It feels disjointed in many ways, as if they had different developers/teams work on each part of the OS and BB apps independently, and then just stuck it all together.

I don't remember feeling that way about 10.2.1, but I'll find out soon.
    playfoot and gvs1341 like this.
    03-04-15 07:15 PM
    So using v.2243 you are having no problems with your notification volumes? I can live with most things but not the volume bug - I need to hear my Q10.
    Are other Q10 users having the same good experience with this version or higher?

Posted via CB10
    That's correct. Although, I am using Hub++ for all my notifications so I can't say how it would fare using the stock notification system.

mushroom_daddy likes this.
    03-04-15 10:03 PM
    I just downloaded a 10.2.1 autoloader for my Q10, and although it'll be a shame not to have a few of the new features, 10.3.1 just isn't right for me right now. In my case, I've run into a few serious problems, and then numerous bugs on top of that. All of that can be fixed if BlackBerry gets serious about it. However, the one thing that can't be fixed is the direction they've taken their UI design. It feels disjointed in many ways, as if they had different developers/teams work on each part of the OS and BB apps independently, and then just stuck it all together.

I don't remember feeling that way about 10.2.1, but I'll find out soon.
    I think your comments are fair. Moreover, I would add that as an essentially non-Android user, I really see no significant increase in performance on my Q's. Note am not saying it might be different for others. In my experience, performance has decreased with the added "instructional messages", the changed UI, "jumping menus", the default assumption to enable many functions for the ease of use (when actually I don't need it, like the Battery saver), etc.

It also seems that the BB10 is now somehow linked to more applications. If that is the correct description. By that, as an example, the introduction, unfortunate replacement of universal search, with BB Assistant that seems to always first search Facebook and then Twitter. If I simply type "m" and stop, the machine whirs for a moment and suggests "move . . . .. Facebook". The very next suggestion is for Twitter. This is odd, as I have installed neither FB nor Twitter.

Given the myriad (read lots due to some current deals) of emails of late, BBM's, SMS's, etc of late with Moore, Mike, Mark, Michael, Moody's, etc. I would think those contacts or correspondence would be primary....
    03-04-15 11:06 PM
    Unfortunately everyone seems to be on the - flattened MS Paint UI - bandwagon.

Even on the Android many changes from Kitkat to Lollipop are similar to the ones we have from 10.2.1 to 10.3.1 - sans the bugs of course.

Even I'm sticking to 10.2.1 and waiting for a 10.3.1 maintenance release update.

 Q5 / Z30
    lift likes this.
    03-05-15 01:27 AM
    Unfortunately everyone seems to be on the - flattened MS Paint UI - bandwagon.

Even on the Android many changes from Kitkat to Lollipop are similar to the ones we have from 10.2.1 to 10.3.1 - sans the bugs of course.

Even I'm sticking to 10.2.1 and waiting for a 10.3.1 maintenance release update.

 Q5 / Z30
    You're right, no harm in waiting for it. I also wish they've could have fixed a lot of things as well. However I did upgrade and has hardly affected me as much, expect the battery saving and sacrifice on hub being white. I think they should do like linux distributions. Have a Long-term support ones and the beta releases in between. So much easier that way and also for users, because one thing that I found out about linux, you don't have to update if you don't think you need.

Posted with a BlackBerry Q10, Australia
    03-05-15 02:37 AM
    Perhaps this is not the thread to ask, but I felt it was slightly relevant: how does 10.2.2 compare to 10.2.1 in regards to android app stability, etc? I know it has 64gb card support and media/browser improvements, but anything else? I only ask because I'm considering downgrading until I see bigger icons for 10.3.1

03-05-15 07:27 AM
    Perhaps this is not the thread to ask, but I felt it was slightly relevant: how does 10.2.2 compare to 10.2.1 in regards to android app stability, etc? I know it has 64gb card support and media/browser improvements, but anything else? I only ask because I'm considering downgrading until I see bigger icons for 10.3.1

10.2.2 was a specific release for Germany. Not sure exactly why, maybe others can chime in. Anyway, I tried 10.2.2 and the radio was very quirky on my Q10. If I lost LTE it seemed to take forever to switch back to it and seemed like it wanted to just stay on 3G/4G. Didn't really notice any other problems or improvements. This is just my opinion, maybe others can give you theirs too. To me I think 10.2.1.3442 is the best if you use T-Mobile because wifi calling still works on that release (the last official 10.2.1.xx by the way). If you are on AT&T like I am, then I seem to really have good performance all around using 10.2.1.3337. Again YMMV.
    03-05-15 11:28 AM
    10.2.1.3442 was so smooth ! Sometimes I miss this OS. Everything works great for me on 10.3.1 except little bugs, but I don't know, it misses something. I hope future updates will bring this general feeling. And where 10.3.1 seems designed for Classic and Passport, 3442 works flawlessly on the Q10.
    03-05-15 12:02 PM
    10.2.2 was a specific release for Germany. Not sure exactly why, maybe others can chime in. Anyway, I tried 10.2.2 and the radio was very quirky on my Q10. If I lost LTE it seemed to take forever to switch back to it and seemed like it wanted to just stay on 3G/4G. Didn't really notice any other problems or improvements. This is just my opinion, maybe others can give you theirs too. To me I think 10.2.1.3442 is the best if you use T-Mobile because wifi calling still works on that release (the last official 10.2.1.xx by the way). If you are on AT&T like I am, then I seem to really have good performance all around using 10.2.1.3337. Again YMMV.
    Thank you, that's good advice

10.2.2 appealed to me because I wanted to use my 64gb SD card but the radio issue sounds like it would also become a battery issue. I'm using a tmobile Q10 so perhaps .3442 would be best for me. Thanks again!

03-05-15 05:43 PM
    Its wrong to say "you don't have to update if you don't think you need" for any distribution ! Linux kernel have bugs and vulnerabilities
    Security Linux kernel update is there (for distros) about 1-2 week ,if needed.
    Security updates its must, it doesn't matter if you think your machine is "ok" !
    03-05-15 06:06 PM
    Its wrong to say "you don't have to update if you don't think you need" for any distribution ! Linux kernel have bugs and vulnerabilities
    Security Linux kernel update is there (for distros) about 1-2 week ,if needed.
    Security updates its must, it doesn't matter if you think your machine is "ok" !
    Blah, blah, you're more likely to be hit by a meteor than to have a security breach on your Linux desktop...

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 08:04 PM
    I completed my return to 10.2.1(.3442) today, and it was definitely the right choice. I'm sure I'll run into the 3 bugs that were there before (2 of which are still there in 10.3.1), but at least everything works and looks sane. I'll stick with this version until BlackBerry improves 10.3.x a lot, or until I get tired of waiting.
    lift and gvs1341 like this.
    03-05-15 08:24 PM
    Too bad 10.3 will also have those flat, dull icons. Now all mobile phones have flat icons.

Posted via CB10
    gvs1341 likes this.
    03-05-15 11:13 PM
    Too bad 10.3 will also have those flat, dull icons. Now all mobile phones have flat icons.

Posted via CB10
    "Fire the artist! Bob the janator can do that stuff in his free time!"

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 11:41 PM
    03-05-15 11:41 PM
    Blah, blah, you're more likely to be hit by a meteor than to have a security breach on your Linux desktop...

Posted via CB10
    You must be joking ?! Linux Linux Kernel : CVE security vulnerabilities, versions and detailed reports

http://www.exploit-db.com/ (search linux )
    How long you use Linux OS , and which one ? (i bet Mint or Ubuntu ) .
    03-06-15 04:53 AM
    You must be joking ?! Linux Linux Kernel : CVE security vulnerabilities, versions and detailed reports

http://www.exploit-db.com/ (search linux )
    How long you use Linux OS , and which one ? (i bet Mint or Ubuntu ) .
    I use PCLinuxOS, but I have used many distributions over the years.

And whoopee, every OS has vulnerabilities, but that doesn't magically translate into people actually having an issue with them.

FUD... fud... don't let it ruin a good time.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 12:08 PM
58 123