I love this new update, where the icons are large and have a nice big shadow-border around them. Really makes them "pop" and it's a breath of fresh air coming from another one of those samey "flat" style OSes.
    Attachment 337557
    I also really love the wide selection of colourful wallpapers to choose from. My old operating system only had some really drab and uninspired ones. Really dreary experience with them.
    Attachment 337558
    The web browser is fast and unlike my last OS, it doesn't flicker on websites that I have read every day for the last several years. In fact, it's the best mobile browser I have used. It even supports Flash!

The settings menus are laid out really well and they don't require me to go through several layers of menus and button to find what I need. Really innovative UI layout. And the "type to search" feature is quite fast and useful as well.

But maybe most importantly, this new 10.2.1 update doesn't cause my device to heat up for days on end and the battery life is great! Heck, I can even hear the nice, strong, loud notification sounds and the wifi signal never drops, even when I am out in the yard!

Yup, it handles my IMAP emails like a champ and doesn't need any silly "time to settle" like some other operating systems supposedly do. Oh yeah, the calendar also works great and has a really nice layout.

All in all, I think my favorite part about this update is how it makes my Q10 feel just like my trusty old Bold 9900 - it "just works" and has a terrific workflow. Things like actually being able to tell which speed dial icon is my wife's work and which one is her cell are amazing!
    Attachment 337559

What a fantastic new update, BlackBerry. Thank you for delivering it (back in June 2014).

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 08:56 PM
    Glad it's working our for you!
    02-28-15 08:29 AM
    Hahaha, 10.2.1 was really great, yes.
    02-28-15 08:45 AM
    I hated the dull look of 10.2.1. If it wasn't for leaks. I probably would of went to another platform. (Z30 10.3.1.2267 with passport fix file apps)
    02-28-15 08:51 AM
    I love this new update, where the icons are large and have a nice big shadow-border around them. Really makes them "pop" and it's a breath of fresh air coming from another one of those samey "flat" style OSes.
    Attachment 337557
    I also really love the wide selection of colourful wallpapers to choose from. My old operating system only had some really drab and uninspired ones. Really dreary experience with them.
    Attachment 337558
    The web browser is fast and unlike my last OS, it doesn't flicker on websites that I have read every day for the last several years. In fact, it's the best mobile browser I have used. It even supports Flash!

The settings menus are laid out really well and they don't require me to go through several layers of menus and button to find what I need. Really innovative UI layout. And the "type to search" feature is quite fast and useful as well.

But maybe most importantly, this new 10.2.1 update doesn't cause my device to heat up for days on end and the battery life is great! Heck, I can even hear the nice, strong, loud notification sounds and the wifi signal never drops, even when I am out in the yard!

Yup, it handles my IMAP emails like a champ and doesn't need any silly "time to settle" like some other operating systems supposedly do. Oh yeah, the calendar also works great and has a really nice layout.

All in all, I think my favorite part about this update is how it makes my Q10 feel just like my trusty old Bold 9900 - it "just works" and has a terrific workflow. Things like actually being able to tell which speed dial icon is my wife's work and which one is her cell are amazing!
    Attachment 337559

What a fantastic new update, BlackBerry. Thank you for delivering it (back in June 2014).

Posted via CB10
    Excellent post! I love my NEW 10.2.1.3337 or 10.2.1.3442 updates. They work great too. 10.3.1 is just a giant disappointment. Sad but true.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    02-28-15 09:03 AM
    ...the calendar also works great...

...my Q10... "just works" and has a terrific workflow.

Nuff said!!!

 Q5 / Z30
    02-28-15 09:06 AM
    Not impressed with 10.3.1 it's flat and boring.

Why Blackberry? Because I can!
    02-28-15 10:01 AM
    Unfortunately I'll also have to "upgrade" my Z30 to 10.2

Besides the messed up calendar and the slow search, Boy is 10.3 ugly! Particularly that silly giant green circle iClone home button.

 Q5 / Z30
    lift likes this.
    02-28-15 12:44 PM
    Lol ok enjoy living in the past. Why not upgrade to a 9900 while you're at it? Some say it only requires one battery pull per day!
    FCSC likes this.
    02-28-15 01:06 PM
    I'm sticking with 10.3.1 for now, but I really wish that the app icons were larger. I feel like the icons are out of proportion with everything else.
    02-28-15 01:09 PM
    I'm kind of new to BlackBerry. I've got 10.2.1.2976. Where does the update you're talking about come from?

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 01:44 PM
    I'm kind of new to BlackBerry. I've got 10.2.1.2976. Where does the update you're talking about come from?

Posted via CB10
    Because you're new, I will explain that I made this is thread to point of SOME of the reasons why I am using 10.2 rather than the recently released 10.3. Your carrier will likely be pushing an update to 10.3 soon.

Also, as you are new and I too was new once and made the same mistake, the number you provided was the "software release", while the number I am referring to is the "os version". In this case they actually refer to the same thing, so you do already have 10.2.1.3253 like I do.
    Upgraded to 10.2.1.3253 and it's an awesome BlackBerry Experience!-img_20150228_173732.png
    Stupid and confusing, but there it is.

Enjoy your BlackBerry. It's a cool device.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    02-28-15 04:38 PM
    Thanks. That really helps. I'm loving it so far. I'm a recovering iPhone user.

Posted via CB10
    lift and benwards2 like this.
    02-28-15 05:58 PM
    Lol ok enjoy living in the past. Why not upgrade to a 9900 while you're at it? Some say it only requires one battery pull per day!
    It's not a matter of living in the past. Are you really cool because you upgraded to 10.3.1? The new OS has a lot of issues for some people and new is NOT always better. I had problems with low notification volume and weak wifi signal. I didn't particularly like the stupid green dot that gets in the way on my Q10. There are other issues that I don't feel like having to explain to you. Going back to 10.2.1 was because I needed my phone to work correctly because I depend heavily on it. I don't want glitz and "modern" just for the sake of change. I want what works right.
    bbnrs, benwards2, Magnetox and 1 others like this.
    02-28-15 09:10 PM
    I don't understand why so many people think it's ridiculous to want to stay on 10.2. Both OS have their good points and bad points. Both work for some and not for others. Heck, I actually like the upgrade and sometimes I miss 10.2. The fact is, 10.3 still needs a lot of improvement. For how long it took to push out, there should have been a lot more features available. But it's a work in progress. There will be other releases. Everyone's just gonna have to settle on what they like in the meantime, and if that means a lot of people have to downgrade, who am I to judge?

 Once you go BlackBerry you never go back...Berry 
    03-01-15 05:24 AM
    Just use what you want. In both versions are good and Bad things...So It's up to you what do you want...Future? Past? It's your decission

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 05:40 AM
    I agree about the icons and overall look of the home screen. However I can't give up on 10.3 because android apps are so much more usable, I find the assistant to be very useful, and I actually like and prefer the new calendar. Not to mention the notification settings. It gave us back truly individual profiles by contact and account. That is truly like the old 9900 days!

But it's true. It's all perspective. No right or wrong answer. Just the one that works best for you

Posted via CB10
    zombiecupcake likes this.
    03-01-15 07:37 AM
    It's not a matter of living in the past. Are you really cool because you upgraded to 10.3.1? The new OS has a lot of issues for some people and new is NOT always better. I had problems with low notification volume and weak wifi signal. I didn't particularly like the stupid green dot that gets in the way on my Q10. There are other issues that I don't feel like having to explain to you. Going back to 10.2.1 was because I needed my phone to work correctly because I depend heavily on it. I don't want glitz and "modern" just for the sake of change. I want what works right.
    And of course you don't mention the tons of enhancements.

Which is why I said why not upgrade to a 9900. It calls and texts and calendars perfectly.
    03-01-15 03:05 PM
    Haha! Love the sarcasm. I picked up 10.3.1.2267 from Sachesi as I didn't want to wait for verizon for months... It's running great on my Q10. Yes the notification volume is a bit of a nag... but for me, Blend is huge. I wouldn't go back to 10.2 just for the notification volume issue. I also tend to prefer the new calendar. Web browser if anything seems faster. Enjoy your "new" OS!
    03-01-15 06:06 PM
    I don't understand why so many people think it's ridiculous to want to stay on 10.2. Both OS have their good points and bad points. Both work for some and not for others. Heck, I actually like the upgrade and sometimes I miss 10.2. The fact is, 10.3 still needs a lot of improvement. For how long it took to push out, there should have been a lot more features available. But it's a work in progress. There will be other releases. Everyone's just gonna have to settle on what they like in the meantime, and if that means a lot of people have to downgrade, who am I to judge?

Bearing in mind that the "upgrade" is a "work in progress", it never should have been released until it was a completely functional design. If that took another month, half a year or a year to have it work properly, then it would have been worth the wait. How it stands now though, is that a great number of people who depend on their Blackberries to communicate with business colleagues, friends and family members find themselves stranded with no sight of help on the horizon.

I love my Blackberry, but this action by the company is unthinkable, especially at this time in their life.

Posted using 10.2.1, thankfully not 10.3.1
    lift likes this.
    03-02-15 04:58 AM
    Keep in mind that there are also people who had a terrible experience on 10.2.1 that they upgraded to 10.3 or 10.3.1 to get away with all of that. There are also people who are having problems on 10.3.1. This only means that neither is "better". Just use what you think works for you.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    bbnrs likes this.
    03-02-15 05:11 AM
    Bearing in mind that the "upgrade" is a "work in progress", it never should have been released until it was a completely functional design. If that took another month, half a year or a year to have it work properly, then it would have been worth the wait. How it stands now though, is that a great number of people who depend on their Blackberries to communicate with business colleagues, friends and family members find themselves stranded with no sight of help on the horizon.

I love my Blackberry, but this action by the company is unthinkable, especially at this time in their life.

Oh I agree. For how long it took to be released it should have been more polished. Seems like the pushed out an unfinished product to 1) keep to their release date and 2) satisfy all the users asking for an update. But some people (myself included) find the additional features and android app stability to be worth the troubles

And who knows, maybe if they get enough complaints they'll push out a fixed version quickly? Keep dreaming, right? Lol

bbnrs, lift and benwards2 like this.
    03-02-15 05:37 AM
    Oh I agree. For how long it took to be released it should have been more polished. Seems like the pushed out an unfinished product to 1) keep to their release date and 2) satisfy all the users asking for an update. But some people (myself included) find the additional features and android app stability to be worth the troubles

And who knows, maybe if they get enough complaints they'll push out a fixed version quickly? Keep dreaming, right? Lol

They don't seem to do anything quickly these days.

I do agree with your assumption about their early release of a substandard OS, to pacify some of the masses.

lift likes this.
    03-02-15 06:56 AM
    I am perhaps the most boring type of BlackBerry user there is. I don't use or care about Android apps (and if I did I would just move to an Android device). The only "app" I use is the Crackberry one, because the Crackberry website is one of the few that has crashed the BlackBerry browser lol... occasionally I use the Evolution Browser, but it turned out to not be as useful as I thought it would be when I went to the Z10 from the 9900 (where I used Opera Mobile all the time). Even more rarely will I use the connect to OneDrive app, because it's awful and I don't store much on OneDrive (or online in general).

So what do I use my BlackBerry for?

BBM, Email, Phone, Browser, Camera, SMS, Notes/Docs, Calculator, Music/Video, Calendar, Flashlight, and Contacts. Weather, Map, and Stopwatch have been handy once or twice. Very rarely I will play Bejewelled 2, which I got from BlackBerry for Christmas one year.

May not seem like much to folks who are into games, social stuff, and what not, but that's still quite a bit more than what can be done with a flip phone or feature phone. I chose BlackBerry OS5 and OS7 originally over the competition, because the workflow for using those things was amazing - most everything could be done with just my thumb! OS10 is a downgrade in that regard, but things like the better camera, the built in flash light program and the better browser make up for it. Honestly, I still very much prefer the 9900 hardware over the Q10 (and the enormous Classic...) and I would be happy to use the 9900 for everything but taking pictures and leisurely browsing the Internet.

I look at my Q10 as personal utility device that is designed to be fast and efficient rather than something designed for my entertainment. For computer type entertainment I use my desktop PC and for reading in bed I generally use my Z10 or my laptop. For other tasks and entertainment I do and use different "stuff" too, so my BlackBerry doesn't need to "do it all" nor would I ever want it to.

I wrote this on my Q10 with the Crackberry app. The warm rubber back and sides made my hands sweaty, unlike the cool metal and fibreglass of my dear, sweet Bold 9900... I actually sold my well taken care of 9900 and only have my wife's beat up, double tying one as a back up. That is really the main reason I bought a Q10 when I decided the Z10 wasn't for me for as a "daily driver". Live and learn!

Posted via CB10
    bbnrs and lift like this.
    03-02-15 11:42 AM
    9900 is a joke now. I loved it when 3g was fast and that's a long time ago. But that's neither here nor there. Download a 10mb file. Joke. Battery life? Joke. Screen size? Complete joke. Camera? Useless for even semi close shots like receipts. It's simply impractical.

And bb10 is borderline impractical these days. I hang onto it for dear life as it is the best BlackBerry made to date. No native anything critical these days like Google maps, Waze for people who actually have a life in socal, Uber for when you're drunk and shouldn't be driving bar to bar to back home.

10.2 has been super stable. No way I'm installing 10.3.

Ps one handed operation is better on iphones. Phys keyboard is slow in this regard and less accurate.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 09:20 PM
58 123