Hi,

I have been using a Q5 which I got from that Koodo deal. It's a great little phone for someone who wants a keyboard. I also own a Sony Xperia Z1 which I love.

A family member works for Blackberry. They can get me a Q10.

Is it worth having them order this phone? Or should I wait until the Classic comes out. Even though I love the Qwerty I miss the screen of the Xperia.

Q10 owners please help!

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 11:20 AM
    I have the Q10 and it's definitely a premium phone over the Q5. Unless you need some of the upgraded features like HDMI output, I would suggest you wait until November for the Classic if you miss having the belt.
    05-25-14 11:34 AM
    Ok thanks for the advice. Do you like your Q10. Do you miss the toolbelt.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 11:36 AM
    I say it depends on what you do with your phone. If you can wait, I'd at least wait until the Classic hits the scene. The Q10 offers you:
    Better built quality
    A slightly faster CPU
    A different screen technology with Super AMOLED (which isn't necessarily better!)
    More device memory
    HDMI output
    Removeable battery

If you really gain anything out of this for your personal use over your Q5, I might get this order started. But personally, at least for my needs, I wouldn't do it. If the Q5 would've come out around the same time the Q10 hit the stores, I have to say I can't say it would've been an easy decission to get the Q10.

Also keep in mind there are some issues with double typing or highly sensitive keys going on for quite aa growing number of Q10 users. So ffar the Q5 seems to be uneffected by those problems.

Double-typed and posted with a BlackBerry Q10.
    bigjman likes this.
    05-25-14 06:25 PM
    I say it depends on what you do with your phone. If you can wait, I'd at least wait until the Classic hits the scene. The Q10 offers you:
    Better built quality
    A slightly faster CPU
    A different screen technology with Super AMOLED (which isn't necessarily better!)
    More device memory
    HDMI output
    Removeable battery

If you really gain anything out of this for your personal use over your Q5, I might get this order started. But personally, at least for my needs, I wouldn't do it. If the Q5 would've come out around the same time the Q10 hit the stores, I have to say I can't say it would've been an easy decission to get the Q10.

Also keep in mind there are some issues with double typing or highly sensitive keys going on for quite aa growing number of Q10 users. So ffar the Q5 seems to be uneffected by those problems.

Double-typed and posted with a BlackBerry Q10.
    That's probably the best advice you could give someone on the matter. I feel the same way, if the Q5 would've came out on Verizon, it wouldn't have been an easy choice for me.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 07:21 PM
    The Q5 on employee discount is so cheap I'd buy it just to use while waiting for the q10/classic. You already got one so...I recommend waiting.
    05-25-14 09:04 PM
    I had a loaner Q5 from Telus for a week! I received a brand new Q10 from my provider and was so happy as I found a big difference between the two. You can search my previous posts as I dont feel like re-writing everything but honestly, if you can get a BlackBerry discount, get the 10 for now then get the classic when it's finally available since BlackBerry is known for delays in putting out new phones! You will like the 10 better than the 5 for sure!

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    05-25-14 09:23 PM
    Definetly wouldnt do it. Albeit the q10 is great, its not that big of a leap compared with the q5

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 11:56 PM
    I've got the Q10. Had it since launch. Holding off for the Classic before I upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-14 01:23 AM
    Since you already have the 5, wait for the Classic. The Q10 is a great phone but I find that if you are going to have buttons/keys on a phone, you may as well have the old stand by start and end call buttons, a home button essentially, and a track pad. A lot of people really like the fact that the Q10 has a keyboard only and is all-touch, but I am in the other camp. I find using the glass, for starting and ending calls is a poor substitute for the phone buttons.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 07:07 AM
    Q10 is more advanced than q5 go for it ull love it

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 09:58 AM