So my phone has been acting up today unfortunately. The screen has been basically unresponsive to touch. I can swipe (left, right, up, down) but when I try to press on an app or a message nothing happens. I was able to open the weather once by randomly tapping on my phone, but other than that it's been unresponsive for the past 8 hours. I haven't downloaded any sketchy apps or caused any harm to it, so I'm not sure what it is. I've restarted it a few times, pulled the battery out twice. And I have 10.2.1.1055 if that helps anyone.

Any help would be appreciated from all of you blackberry experts. Thanks so much!
    Last edited by ffaguy; 01-23-14 at 06:58 PM.
    01-23-14 05:55 PM
    Do you have any android apps, bar files, etc. Installed?

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 07:31 PM
    snapchat, snap2chat and igrann is all
    01-23-14 08:07 PM
    I got it working!! I did a backup through BB Link and that seemed to solve the issue. I didn't even have to restore it, just the backup seemed to fix it somehow.
    01-23-14 08:08 PM
    So my phone has been acting up today unfortunately. The screen has been basically unresponsive to touch. I can swipe (left, right, up, down) but when I try to press on an app or a message nothing happens. I was able to open the weather once by randomly tapping on my phone, but other than that it's been unresponsive for the past 8 hours. I haven't downloaded any sketchy apps or caused any harm to it, so I'm not sure what it is. I've restarted it a few times, pulled the battery out twice. And I have 10.2.1.1055 if that helps anyone.

Any help would be appreciated from all of you blackberry experts. Thanks so much!
    Same problem just started happening on my daughter's phone. Can swipe left, right, up and down, just unresponsive for direct taps. Did an upgrade to 10.2.1, hoped that would help, but still have the same problem...

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 03:08 PM
    Do a security wipe, and try the screen before restoring anything. See what happens

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 04:03 PM
    Just solved it!

Somehow my daughter had enabled the screen reader accessibility function (three quick clicks of the power button to turn on/off), which disables some of the touch screen actions, like single tapping.

Turned off this feature (3 quick clicks on the power button) and bingo, everything works again!

(Note, Daughter has a Z10, not Q10, but it may still apply, think it is an OS level feature.)

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 04:05 PM
    Just solved it!

Somehow my daughter had enabled the screen reader accessibility function (three quick clicks of the power button to turn on/off), which disables some of the touch screen actions, like single tapping.

Turned off this feature (3 quick clicks on the power button) and bingo, everything works again!

(Note, Daughter has a Z10, not Q10, but it may still apply, think it is an OS level feature.)

Posted via CB10
    +1, just to confirm, the Q10 has the same feature.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 08:14 PM
    I was thinking the same thing!
    01-31-14 08:36 PM
    same as your problem but how did you do back up?
    02-23-15 09:10 AM
    02-23-15 09:12 AM
    Just solved it!

Posted via CB10
    it works
    02-23-15 09:16 AM
    The push the power button 3 times in a row works.
    06-26-15 04:50 AM