Greetings good people.

I've been generally happy with K-9 mail on my Q10; it provides features that are not, much as I wish they were, in the native BB10 email client.

But then last evening, as I checked mail, I got a box which said, "Unfortunately, K-9 mail has stopped." (Accompanied by an OK button -- there is, sadly no "No, not OK at all" button.) Any invocation of K-9 mail since then has produced that box, an instant after the unified inbox is displayed. It seems to be running in background -- it continues to check for mail and perhaps to download it, in that it buzzes and provides the new mail red asterisk. But any attempt to open it produces aforementioned error box.

I have no idea how to get into it to, for instance, delete the cache or to do anything which might bring about a recovery. Because my setup is fairly elaborate I'd just as soon not delete and reinstall.

Has anyone else encountered this? How did you recover from it? Is there a nondestructive way of doing so?

Thanks.
    Last edited by depscribe; 09-29-15 at 10:19 AM.
    09-29-15 06:58 AM
    Perform a Hard Reset:
    1. Remove the rear cover.
    2. Remove the battery.
    3. Wait a minute and put the battery back in.
    4. The device should now re-boot.

This removes all caches, shuts down running apps and background services, clears the running memory, and generally fixes any bugged apps or services and removes corrupted caches.
    This does not delete any apps or files.
    It is normal for the device to be sluggish and glitchy for up to five minutes after it has booted up as all caches are rebuilt and background apps and services are restarted, so it is best to just let it sit for five minutes and then check to see if the issue have been resolved.
    09-29-15 07:45 AM
    Alas, did that and in fact left it off all night, battery out. No joy -- same error.

First time I start up K-9 after reset it goes to a black, blank screen (with the bottom navigation bar that has only the little go-back arrow) for a minute or two -- before throwing the error again.
    09-29-15 07:49 AM
    Alas, did that and in fact left it off all night, battery out. No joy -- same error.

First time I start up K-9 after reset it goes to a black, blank screen (with the bottom navigation bar that has only the little go-back arrow) for a minute or two -- before throwing the error again.
    Did you get K-9 Mail via Amazon, Google Play, Snap, or ???
    09-29-15 07:56 AM
    Did you get K-9 Mail via Amazon, Google Play, Snap, or ???
    Blackberry World!
    09-29-15 08:00 AM
    Blackberry World!
    Try contacting the author for your issue:
    Shantanu Gupta
    [email protected]
    09-29-15 08:07 AM
    Thanks. I'll give that a try.
    09-29-15 08:11 AM
    UPDATE: I connected to the desktop machine via the wireless file manager app, and deleted some files that seemed (purely guesses on my part) to need deleting re. K9. Did a full, long reboot, leaving the gadget off for an hour, and mysteriously K9 now works again. Though I really would like to know what the problem was, and have a more elegant solution should it happen again, because this was unnerving. I get photo assignments over this thing while I'm on the road, and reliability is important to me!
    09-29-15 10:18 AM