Since I updated the OS, I no longer see my Q10 as a drive in My Computer. Before the update I could easily drag and drop files (music and videos) onto my phone, but now I can't. This was one of the main reasons I chose the Q10 over the iphone, the ease of file transfer.

Also, when I try to backup my device through BB Link, it goes through the motions and gets to 100%, only to return an error message, "backup complete with errors. some items from your device were failed to backed up: - application data, media, settings"... so everything? This was also functioning properly before the update.

When I go to Device Manager I see that the "device is working properly". When opening the device through the notification icon and clicking on the Volumes, I see that the "internal volume not mounted".

As soon as I connect the Q10 to my computer via USB, it tells me on both the computer and device that it is connected. I have tried updating the driver, updating software on the Q10, re-booting both the Q10 and computer, and I've uninstalled and re-installed BB Link.

I'm a newbie here and not very tech savvy, and extremely frustrated as my BB is at storage capacity and the only thing I can do is delete items from it (already deleted most apps).

Any ideas would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    05-08-14 10:46 AM
    It sounds as if mass storage was enabled when you updated. Go to Settings, Storage and Access, scroll down. Look for USB mass storage and turn it off. Plugging into the PC again, give it a minute, then check My Computer. You should see 2 drives showing. Flash and media card (if you have one installed).
    05-08-14 12:07 PM
    I often encounter a similar issue. It sounds like you may have already tried this, but in case not, I find that if my PC fails to detect my Z30, if I open BlackBerry Link whilst it's connected, it often suddenly discovers it.

Otherwise I've found restarting my PC whilst the phone is connected has often worked too. I'd say that my phone doesn't get detected maybe 50% of the attempts at it. Oddly, was never like this with my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 12:18 PM
    Thanks very much for the replies.

Stwutter - I have tried everything you mentioned, with no success.

Elessar.cm - When I go to Storage and Access, I don't see USB Mass Storage (I did not have a media card in my device). I only see "Device Storage Details", which doesn't allow me to change anything, it's just info... and then "USB Connection", where I can chose either AutoDetect, Connect to Windows, or Connect to Mac. There is also an on/off button for "Access using Wi-fi".

I just tried inserting a media card and the options that you mentioned came up. With USB Mass Storage turned off, I still see no drives in My Computer. When I turn USB Mass Storage on, the drive for the media card shows up, but still nothing for the BB hard drive, where all of my files are.
    05-08-14 01:36 PM
    Thanks very much for the replies.

Stwutter - I have tried everything you mentioned, with no success.

Elessar.cm - When I go to Storage and Access, I don't see USB Mass Storage (I did not have a media card in my device). I only see "Device Storage Details", which doesn't allow me to change anything, it's just info... and then "USB Connection", where I can chose either AutoDetect, Connect to Windows, or Connect to Mac. There is also an on/off button for "Access using Wi-fi".

I just tried inserting a media card and the options that you mentioned came up. With USB Mass Storage turned off, I still see no drives in My Computer. When I turn USB Mass Storage on, the drive for the media card shows up, but still nothing for the BB hard drive, where all of my files are.
    First, under USB connection, select Connect to Windows".

Second, plug in your device and launch BB Link. Once it's connected, take a look on your task bar for "BlackBerry Device Manager". Right click on it, select Properties > Options. Look for "Mount tablet volumes on connect" and check it, the click ok. Close. Then close Link, unplug your device.

Restart your PC, start BB Link, then plug in your device and wait for it to be recognized. You may get a notification that drivers are being installed. That's OK. Now, if you open "My Computer", you should see your internal flash drive again.

Give it a try and let us know.
    05-08-14 10:11 PM
    Thanks again for all of your efforts. I really appreciate the help. Still no luck however. I tried the steps that you recommended to no avail. The checkbox for "mount tablet volumes on connect" was already checked, so I didn't do anything there.

I also tried these steps on a second laptop, just in case mine had some funny setting that was preventing connection.... again, no luck.

Every time I plug my BB, via USB, in to the laptop, I get the message on the BB, that the device is connected to computer. I also see on the task bar, "BB has connected to the system, Initializing device access" followed by "Initializing storage volume access". But when I check under Properties/Volumes, I see that the Internal and Removable drives show "volume not mounted".
    05-09-14 11:23 AM
    I have similar issues with the backup. Not sure if I have corrected them yet, but I can tell you that one of the reasons you may get errors could be from lack of proper hard drive space. If your backup is 5GB, you should make sure you have at aleast 12-15GB available. It creates a temp file as it's building the backup, then copies to the permanent file, then deletes the temp. So you will always need more than double the space available.
    05-11-14 01:05 PM
    Thanks for the reply Lawmen23. My HD was quite full so I tried deleting a bunch of files... I know have plenty of space, but the problem persists.
    05-13-14 08:09 AM
    Thanks again for all of the assistance thus far... any other ideas out there?
    05-20-14 08:10 AM