Hey Guys,

Does anyone's txt messaging app crash sometimes when you send or receive texts too quickly? The chat will go blank, and when I go back to the hub and then try to txt someone else, it brings me back to the blank txt of the contact under which it crashed. This used to happen on my 9900 and then now it's happening on my Q10. Could it be related to my memory card, cause it's set to save my txt's and I must have thousands.. The only way to fix this is to reboot, and then wait for it to load again.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks
    09-05-13 10:39 PM
    On the blank text message of the other contact, did you click on cancel or delete first?
    Are you running a Leaked OS?
    09-05-13 10:44 PM
    Yea that happened to my friends phone BlackBerry z10 twice. The first time we restart the phone and it work but the second time we had to connect it to the BlackBerry Link and it back it up and synced. Then after we took it off the BlackBerry Link it started to work again. I believe it's a bug in the hub it self. This is an issue BlackBerry needs to pay attention too.

Posted via CB10 on T-Mobile USA
    09-05-13 11:01 PM
    This has happend to me now several times on the Q10. Heavy texter; have to reboot the phone each time. High annoying.
    09-05-13 11:06 PM
    I usually restart my hub by swiping down 5 times from the top right corner in the hub.

Then after the restart, I load up a text message history with another contact, wait for that to load, and then it should fix it.
    ColdStoneGuards likes this.
    09-05-13 11:58 PM
    I usually restart my hub by swiping down 5 times from the top right corner in the hub.

Then after the restart, I load up a text message history with another contact, wait for that to load, and then it should fix it.
    I did NOT know you could restart the hub with 5 swipes from the top right corner, awesome!

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 07:24 AM
    When the text message malfunctioned I did try the 5 swipe gesture on my friends phone but it still didn't work. we still had to connect it to the BlackBerry Link.

09-06-13 01:37 PM
    On the blank text message of the other contact, did you click on cancel or delete first?
    Are you running a Leaked OS?
    Nopes, just sending several messages in quick succession with trigger it. If I switch to another txt then it shows the original blank txt that it crashed on, if that makes sense.

Thanks for the other responses, glad I wasn't the only one with this issue. I'm using the official release, downloaded OTA from Telus. I use to have the exact same issue with my Bold 9900. Didn't know about the 5 swipe to restart, will try that the next time.
    09-08-13 09:53 PM
    I have this happens lot on my z10. Noticed it happens nearly every time after I go for a long run using endomondo. After the runs, I almost always see this issue with blank chat and then no matter which chat I open, it only opens the blank chat. Very annoying. I think it's a hub bug.

AT&T STL100-3 10.2.0.1323
    09-08-13 10:28 PM
    They need to send out an update date fixing this text message constantly crashing.

09-29-13 01:19 PM
    Still haven't figured out if it was my mem card, but I did realize the issue only appeared when it was txt threads with a lot of back and replies. From transition from 3 different blackberries, I've had 100's of msgs. So I deleted all but a few important threads and the issue disappeared. I clued in as i started txting with a new contact and had no issues, only when I switched to an older thread did the issue reappear. I guess there are limits to how many a replies in threaded TXTs can handle before it starts to crash.
    12-12-13 11:02 PM
    It happened to me several times, but I think it's because if you're sending a lot of text to the same person, and then not deleting the conversation, it loads ALL of the texts. For example I text my hubby all the time, but every time I do, it opens every text in one looong list like it's one conversation. So after I deleted all the texts, it was fine. Just have to remember to clean it up fairly often to avoid the screen going blank and freezing the Hub. Hope that helps!

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 03:08 PM