Hello everyone,

I will get right to the point.

I switch phones on a regular basis, I purchase every one of the top tier devices running android as well as apple devices and windows phone 8. I own my own company and have been completely frustrated by the android and apple experience for business. The windows phone 8 was surprisingly decent.

Enter the Q10....fantastic yes, flawless.....no.

For anyone that prioritizes email, texting and calling, I feel the Q10 is the best option.

However, I do feel that there is some optimization that OS10 could use as far as more efficient use of the search function for the Q10.

Overall a great phone, and very good OS.

P.S. I used a Z10 for a month and unfortunately it didn't make sense. Android and apple phones perform better and have more features than the Z10......I believe the Q is where Blackberry has the advantage over the other companies. The Z felt like my lumia 920 windows phone....a great device but the apps are lacking.

Great job with the Q Blackberry, excellent device.

Posted via CB10
    rnd0209 likes this.
    06-14-13 07:33 PM
    interesting take and thanks for the review. I think its going to be hard to be the Q for txt, bbm and email if you enjoy a keyboard. The screen real estate however is something that some cant give up
    06-14-13 08:35 PM
    Absolutely agree......that's the sacrifice I needed to make.....big beautiful screen vs. Big beautiful keyboard, for me keyboard is more important....for many others media consumption and gaming is more important

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 08:39 PM
    Good review thx.

from an australian Z10...
    06-14-13 08:41 PM
    Coming from an Xperia Z Full HD 5" screen, I don't miss the crazy large screen at all.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 08:48 PM
    Coming from an Xperia Z Full HD 5" screen, I don't miss the crazy large screen at all.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. Here's my device history:

HTC Magic
    HTC Incredible S
    Samsung Galaxy S
    iPhone 4
    BlackBerry Curve 9360
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    BlackBerry Bold 9900
    HTC One X
    LG Optimus G
    BlackBerry Z10
    iPhone 5

Current: BlackBerry Bold 9900

I've used the 9900 in between most of these devices from the Galaxy Nexus onward, and the screen size hasn't deterred me. The usage of the phone did change some though. I found that I played less games and watched fewer full length movies, but messaged longer messages, messaged more, took more notes, emailed more/longer, etc etc. It really does change your mindset, because of the pros/cons of the device and the "enjoyability" of the keyboard.
    rnd0209 likes this.
    06-14-13 09:35 PM
    Ya, heavily depends on your usage. Big screen is better for those who consume media a lot like games, photos, video. For me I'm using the device solely for twitter, email, Epub, reading webpage. My eyes can focus only on few lines of text at a time while reading, so the shorter Q10 screen is not a problem at all, in fact it has a wider width for reading than iPhone 5 (720px vs 640px)

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 10:20 PM
    Just returned my Q10. A good phone not great. Does have great potential though. Will not bore you with a rehash. Only wanted to say now that I am back to my Torch, boy did I miss my track pad! Please bring it back. Yes I know it's not going happen.
    06-17-13 08:07 PM
    Just returned my Q10. A good phone not great. Does have great potential though. Will not bore you with a rehash. Only wanted to say now that I am back to my Torch, boy did I miss my track pad! Please bring it back. Yes I know it's not going happen.
    Yeah, the previous blackberry phones have some pretty good advantages I must say. Hopefully this is just the start and a few more updates will bring the new units more functionality we've become used to.

from an australian Z10...
    06-17-13 09:36 PM
    Although it has been stated that a person needs 2 weeks or more with a device to fully be able to say they love it. I beg to differ. I opened the Q10 box and it was love at first site, then I held the device in my hand and it immediately begged me up to a legit caressing of a fine piece of communication jewelry.

Posted via CB10 on a Q10 or a Z10, either way it's golden.
    06-17-13 10:00 PM
    My cat is jealous of all the attention I give to my Q10 and Z10 devices.

06-17-13 10:00 PM
    Although it has been stated that a person needs 2 weeks or more with a device to fully be able to say they love it. I beg to differ. I opened the Q10 box and it was love at first site, then I held the device in my hand and it immediately begged me up to a legit caressing of a fine piece of communication jewelry.

I'm with you. I love my Q10 then and now.
    If there is 1 thing I could fix, it would probably be something to fix the Pictures application where the default settings is for it to open on my media card and for the files to be sorted out alphabetically, not by date. Although with the search feature, it doesn't matter that much since I can just be lazy and start typing what I'm looking for and bam, it finds it!
    06-18-13 12:40 AM
    I don't really remember, but when BlackBerry went to the trackball, did users who were used to the side scroll wheel go crazy as well?

Seriously though, BlackBerry 10 is in its infancy still and with more updates to come, we'll be seeing improvements to the UI as well as more functionality. Yes, it's exciting to have new devices out right now, but with that excitement should come the tempered expectations of first generation hardware. No matter how much testing gets done, there will always be missing features, or quirks to work out. The important thing for BlackBerry was to get a stable, modern operating system out the door. Now comes making sure all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed.
    06-18-13 01:51 PM
    Just a quick question....does blackberry not have the smarts or know-how to put a "virtual trackpad" on the screen in the same location that the old trackpad used to be? Or what would be wrong with a trackpad on the back of the phone...in the upper right hand corner that you operate with your right index finger? No good for lefties....but I would dig it.
    06-18-13 01:57 PM