Due to the enormous amount of spam calls, is there a way on the Q10 that I can turn on and off, at will, the voice mail feature? that will not impact things on the ATT account side?

I dont want to send these jokers to voice mail any more and really dont need voice mail since I always answer calls from folks I know.

Thanks
    05-31-19 05:40 PM
    I think you might need to do what you are looking for through your carrier. In the voicemail menu you might be able to temporarily turn it on and off.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    05-31-19 05:46 PM
    Thanks, not wanting to loose my visual voicemail, that will happen if ATT turns it off, had an issue getting it back so no I dont want to involve ATT nor do I want to address this via the VM menu and then cause an issue with ATT.
    05-31-19 05:50 PM
    I guess I don't understand the "visual voicemail" thing you have, that you don't want to loose.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    05-31-19 07:29 PM
    Thanks, not wanting to loose my visual voicemail, that will happen if ATT turns it off, had an issue getting it back so no I dont want to involve ATT nor do I want to address this via the VM menu and then cause an issue with ATT.
    Your setting for carrier voicemail are through your carrier. If you login to your voicemail account by dialing into your account, you may be able to access desired controls to make temporary changes.
    05-31-19 07:51 PM
    I found this and it may work after looking at my phone settings:

Alternative method: disable call forwarding to turn off voicemail. Go to your device's main Settings menu, then to Device > Apps > Phone > More settings > Call forwarding > Voice call. Then, disable these three things: Forward When Busy, Forward When Unanswered and Forward When Unreached.
    05-31-19 08:20 PM
    I found this and it may work after looking at my phone settings:

Alternative method: disable call forwarding to turn off voicemail. Go to your device's main Settings menu, then to Device > Apps > Phone > More settings > Call forwarding > Voice call. Then, disable these three things: Forward When Busy, Forward When Unanswered and Forward When Unreached.
    Did you do a test call to yourself to see if it works?

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    05-31-19 08:48 PM
    Not yet got side tracked.
    05-31-19 09:31 PM
    I tried the "reply now" functions to see if those would maybe partially work for your need (I never used those before) but they send the call to voicemail when they send the text.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    05-31-19 09:45 PM
    So in looking at those, I added a new forward number and that one worked. But I dont think the others will do what I need.

Now I cannot delete the added forward number!
    06-01-19 06:35 AM
    So in looking at those, I added a new forward number and that one worked. But I dont think the others will do what I need.

Now I cannot delete the added forward number!
    Can you change it back to what it was before then delete?

Posted via CB10
    06-01-19 04:25 PM
    @Ben xfg, you can change it to the original default number or turn the function off. Once added, YOU cannot delete the new phone number, from what I have read online is that only your service provider can.
    06-01-19 07:16 PM
    I tried but I get these messagesTurn off Voicemail-Temporarily-img_20220412_104305.png BB doesn't want work anymore???
    04-12-22 12:47 PM